• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Athenian Pastry Squares Recipe

In summary, the Athenian Pastry Squares recipe requires phyllo dough, olive oil, feta cheese, spinach, green onions, dill, and eggs. The oven should be preheated to 375°F before baking the pastry squares. To properly layer the phyllo dough, one sheet should be placed at the bottom of the baking dish and brushed with olive oil before adding the next layer. The recipe can be made ahead of time by assembling the pastry squares and refrigerating them for up to 24 hours. Leftover pastry squares can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days and reheated in the oven at 375°F for 10-15 minutes.
ChefMommy
I was just at a demo where they made athenian pastry squares. Our director said the recipe was available on the pc website but I can't find it.

So does anyone have this recipe? Can you type it up for me?

Thanks in advance!

Nevermind...I found it myself after all! :rolleyes:

Athenian Pastry Squares RecipeIngredients:- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed- 1 egg, beaten- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:1. Preheat oven to 375°F.2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to a 12x12-inch square.3. Brush the beaten egg over the pastry.4. In a medium bowl, mix together the feta cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, parsley, dill, and mint.5. Spread the mixture evenly over the pastry, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.6. Season with salt and pepper.7. Starting at one end, roll the pastry tightly into a log.8. Cut the log into 1-inch slices and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.9. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed.10. Serve warm and enjoy your delicious Athenian pastry squares!

What ingredients are needed for the Athenian Pastry Squares?

The Athenian Pastry Squares recipe requires phyllo dough, olive oil, feta cheese, spinach, green onions, dill, and eggs.

Do I need to preheat the oven before baking the pastry squares?

Yes, the oven should be preheated to 375°F before baking the pastry squares.

How do I properly layer the phyllo dough?

Layer one sheet of phyllo dough on the bottom of the baking dish, brushing each sheet with olive oil before adding the next layer. Repeat this process until you have used half of the phyllo dough, then add the filling and top with the remaining layers of phyllo dough.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the pastry squares and refrigerate them for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover them with plastic wrap to prevent the phyllo dough from drying out.

How do I store the leftovers?

The leftover pastry squares can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. To reheat, place them in the oven at 375°F for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Jillmami
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • dns2202