• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

at theRisk of This Person Being on This Board Too

um...concerned, then I would confront her about it. If she is rude or unprofessional, then I would leave the group.
Someone want to turn in this one, then?http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=6b69d8745f3486c134ceb5acf118e26a&gid=27493666505

merego said:
Ok, I got this too and why can't we just let it be and stop reporting everyone.
I kind of thought it was funny actually.
I think people are just fed up with people reporting people all the time, why can't we all just get along?? I am so sick of this, it makes me want to leave this site which I am most likely going to do.

You need to understand that PC is just like any other business. If the office you worked at had a policy that you could not say where you worked and what you did on the internet and to do so would result in termination, would you do it? Many years ago starting in 1944, there was a town created in Oak Ridge, TN and 3 plants built to built parts for the Atom Bomb. My father started there in 1946. All he would say about where he worked was that he could not say what he did and could not answer questions. All of my classmates' parents worked there and we accepted that. Wonder what would happen if the people who work there now (doing whatever) decided they wanted to blog about it on the internet. They could not only lose their job and their security clearance but could go to prison. I totally understand this because of how I grew up.

P&P say no internet advertising. If you choose to work for PC, you need to accept the policies just as anyone else who works in other businesses do. I would be sorry to see you leave, but that is your choice. Would you want someone in your area to take your PC business just because they could afford to advertise online and you could not?

DebbieJ said:
Someone want to turn in this one, then?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=6b69d8745f3486c134ceb5acf118e26a&gid=27493666505

Why would he/she want to create a FB website that doesn't look very professional vs our PWS? IMHO, it looks very amateurish...kinda what I could do on my own!

DebbieJ said:
Someone want to turn in this one, then?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=6b69d8745f3486c134ceb5acf118e26a&gid=27493666505

:eek: She is out near me! I haven't heard of her before so I am not sure who's downline she is in, but I agree, that is a major violation - :eek:

AMTC said:
I'm on Facebook and signed up for a PC group.

There's been some turnover in admin and I got this in my FB mailbox this morning from the new one.

Doesn't PC have some policy about recruiting in this manner?

Hello Members
To members of Pampered Chef Consultants
Allison SXXXX

Add as Friend
Today at 11:15am
Reply Mary Ann stepped down as Admin...

I'm taking over!

If you are NOT a consultant you have 2 choices...

1) sign up

The Pampered Chef

my id is XXXXXX

Pay the $155 and welcome

2) leave please... this is private group for many reasons... Mark as Unread | DeleteLeave Group

Yeah I got it too . . .found it VERY VERY strange . . .:confused:

AMTC said:
Thanks all - I left the group - My PC business is too important to me to be associated with that. Not just the violations, but the rudeness was a little much for me.

After reading the rest of these post I have done the same I just left the group I didn't know we couldn't be part of that kind of group either I figured it was ok because I belong to 2 yahoo groups for PC also. Are those ok?

Personally, I run my business in a professional manner and leave the way others practice up to God. I know that He will bless me for doing the right things and eventually without my help those doing wrong will reap what they say b/c that is what God's word says.

I learned this personally when I signed with PC. I had a neighbor sign at the same time. She tried to steal bookings from MY friends and family, even as obvious at my "coming out" party I hosted. They promptly told her they were going with me. I never said a word to her, I just ran my business the way I knew God would want me to do. Almost three years later I am still with PC and she quit almost a year ago. And our friendship is intact b/c I did not make a deal out of it to her. Many of you have heard this story before.

jrstephens said:
Personally, I run my business in a professional manner and leave the way others practice up to God. I know that He will bless me for doing the right things and eventually without my help those doing wrong will reap what they say b/c that is what God's word says.

I learned this personally when I signed with PC. I had a neighbor sign at the same time. She tried to steal bookings from MY friends and family, even as obvious at my "coming out" party I hosted. They promptly told her they were going with me. I never said a word to her, I just ran my business the way I knew God would want me to do. Almost three years later I am still with PC and she quit almost a year ago. And our friendship is intact b/c I did not make a deal out of it to her. Many of you have heard this story before.

I had not heard this story before, thank you for telling it again. It is the perfect example of "The best revenge is living well."

chefann said:
I figured. I just joined FB this morning to get some info to HO, so I was able to search on her name and found her. :grumpy: (I'll probably be lambasted for posting this, but I hope she gets kicked out of PC for this. It's the second violation of hers that has been mentioned here, and I'm pretty sure I've found and reported others of hers within the past year or so.)

If this is who I am thinking (99% sure it is) it would be at least her 3rd major violation and time being notified by PC.

And I will not hesitate to say I totally agree with you Ann!

Also for those who don't understand why we are particularly upset with this person you have no idea how volitile and hatful she can be. She is a blatant rule breaker and doesn't give a rip about PS's rules. She only cares about herself.

A rule is a rule. I do my best to abide them, I'm not perfect but I at least try and respect that PC has them for a reason. Why should someone else be able to get away with something I cannot? It says alot about society in general if you ask me.

Last edited:
When you decide to join pC . you sign to follow the rules. If someone is not following the rules.. why is it such a problem to report them??? I don't understand. That is what is so wrong with our world these days.. everyone turns and looks the other way.. A rule is a rule.. and until HO changes it.. that is the rule we follow.. Some may have been reported erroniously.. but HO can decide that. Right is right period. If you can't play by the rules.. don't play. Simple. you have the same rules and regulations to read that I do. no excuses. I am proud of the ones following the rules.. and if I see someone not following the rules I will report them.. they are asking for it. I don't see a problem there. That is the RIGHT thing to do.

OK ... finally found this thread and if I might provide some clarification ...

I am a member of the group (for now) and got the same e-mail. Since I was a consultant when I signed up for the group, it didn't bother me.

Before this person took over, the preferences of this group was changed to private meaning that you had to be "invited" to join and your membership would not show up in your profile. I was going to leave for that reason before this happened. However, they also shut off the "wall" and discussion board, meaning the group served no purpose.

The previous admin turned it on again just before she left ... and just before somebody turned in the group for an alleged internet violation. When I got the aforementioned e-mail, I assumed it was this person trying to make sure the group abided by PC policy ...

However, when I asked if established members needed to provide a consultant ID, this is what I was told:

if you do not privately email your id you will be removed no exceptions, please read the front page with the info about our group and the rules

I have already removed people who claim to be consultants but refused to email me their id for my private home computer database to track the members.

This is downright scary.

I don't think my consultant ID should be in anybody's private home computer database. I didn't give it to Greg when I signed up here.

All that said .... since the group is a "secret" one, I don't think it violates policy any more than this non-secret group does. But this group is so much better organized. I don't have time to keep up with that group and this one too.

K_Jurich said:
After reading the rest of these post I have done the same I just left the group I didn't know we couldn't be part of that kind of group either I figured it was ok because I belong to 2 yahoo groups for PC also. Are those ok?
The Yahoo groups are OK (as are similar groups through Google, etc.) IF they meet certain criteria:
membership to consultants only
no way for the public to see the membership list

The Yahoo groups have been around for ages. If there were a problem with them, HO would have notified the leaders already.

Di_Can_Cook said:
This is downright scary.

I don't think my consultant ID should be in anybody's private home computer database. I didn't give it to Greg when I signed up here.

All that said .... since the group is a "secret" one, I don't think it violates policy any more than this non-secret group does. But this group is so much better organized. I don't have time to keep up with that group and this one too.

That's EXACTLY what I had a problem with ALONG with the "If you aren't a consultant you can sign up here" *I* can't recruit that way, why should someone else be able to - I'm using PC for my Leadership Practicum to earn my BS this quarter and part of the proposal I wrote is that I would recruit people and build my team....Wouldn't I LOVE to be able to go to the internet and do that??????....whatever...I'm over it!:rolleyes:

Yes, other groups find other ways to verify if you are a member...Like:1. Log into consultants corner, click on this tab and tell me the 10th line item.or...2. Go to page #7 of your consultant policies and tell me the 3rd word in the 4th paragraph...There is NO need for someone like her to be tracking people and their consultant IDs...

pcchefjane said:
You need to understand that PC is just like any other business. If the office you worked at had a policy that you could not say where you worked and what you did on the internet and to do so would result in termination, would you do it? Many years ago starting in 1944, there was a town created in Oak Ridge, TN and 3 plants built to built parts for the Atom Bomb. My father started there in 1946. All he would say about where he worked was that he could not say what he did and could not answer questions. All of my classmates' parents worked there and we accepted that. Wonder what would happen if the people who work there now (doing whatever) decided they wanted to blog about it on the internet. They could not only lose their job and their security clearance but could go to prison. I totally understand this because of how I grew up.

P&P say no internet advertising. If you choose to work for PC, you need to accept the policies just as anyone else who works in other businesses do. I would be sorry to see you leave, but that is your choice. Would you want someone in your area to take your PC business just because they could afford to advertise online and you could not?

I just need to leave this sight, but this is bugging me.

What people aren't getting is WE UNDERSTAND the rules, some may not, but some of us are curious or frustrated by why we can't even say we sell PC. WHy can't we be proud of what we do. I never violated policy by posting my website, but I did say I sold PC , but have since removed it. Yes, the policy is there, yes some think it is a bit stupid ot strict, but it is there policy.
My issue is with all the drama and tattle tailing.
I get valubale information from this site, but someone from this site also reported me for saying I sold PC on FB even though I stated on here I was going to take it off. Now yes we have been over this, it could have been any lurker, but from what I have been reading leately, some people are a "little violation report happy".
Hey, to each his own, I prefer to spend my time on more useful things and I love my business. There is always going to be someone pushing the envelope and breaking the rules, unfortunately that is just how it is. Are people going to spend the rest of their lives just looking for people to report? To me that seems like a sad way to live your life.

merego said:
I just need to leave this sight, but this is bugging me.

What people aren't getting is WE UNDERSTAND the rules, some may not, but some of us are curious or frustrated by why we can't even say we sell PC. WHy can't we be proud of what we do. I never violated policy by posting my website, but I did say I sold PC , but have since removed it. Yes, the policy is there, yes some think it is a bit stupid ot strict, but it is there policy.
My issue is with all the drama and tattle tailing.
I get valubale information from this site, but someone from this site also reported me for saying I sold PC on FB even though I stated on here I was going to take it off. Now yes we have been over this, it could have been any lurker, but from what I have been reading leately, some people are a "little violation report happy".
Hey, to each his own, I prefer to spend my time on more useful things and I love my business. There is always going to be someone pushing the envelope and breaking the rules, unfortunately that is just how it is. Are people going to spend the rest of their lives just looking for people to report? To me that seems like a sad way to live your life.

Because those are the rules that PC has created. Plain & simple. It's not like these are new rules that have just been put in last week. They have been there for a long time (at least since I signed up 3 years ago). If a company didn't have rules, anyone would be allowed to do anything they wanted.

On the second bolded note - remember that HO has people that read here too. It could have been one of them that 'turned you in' just to make sure that you did in fact remove that reference.

I'm sure that I'll get flamed for this & that doesn't bother me. I also understand that there are those that don't like the rules. That's ok too. There are some rules that I have to follow every day b/c the government that I live under has created them. Do I like them? No, but I still abide by them. Imagine how low your business could be if consultants were allowed to sell in a store front. Your customers wouldn't need to come to a party because they could just go down the street (and not pay shipping) or *heaven forbid* to Wal-Mart & pay less for the item. We already have to fight that battle for products that aren't even ours. The internet is a different means that same thing.

crystalscookingnow said:
Because those are the rules that PC has created. Plain & simple. It's not like these are new rules that have just been put in last week. They have been there for a long time (at least since I signed up 3 years ago). If a company didn't have rules, anyone would be allowed to do anything they wanted.

On the second bolded note - remember that HO has people that read here too. It could have been one of them that 'turned you in' just to make sure that you did in fact remove that reference.

I'm sure that I'll get flamed for this & that doesn't bother me. I also understand that there are those that don't like the rules. That's ok too. There are some rules that I have to follow every day b/c the government that I live under has created them. Do I like them? No, but I still abide by them. Imagine how low your business could be if consultants were allowed to sell in a store front. Your customers wouldn't need to come to a party because they could just go down the street (and not pay shipping) or *heaven forbid* to Wal-Mart & pay less for the item. We already have to fight that battle for products that aren't even ours. The internet is a different means that same thing.

I did suggest that maybe this was the case when this incidence happened....we all know that PC has home office lurkers here - and if you are going to announce on here that you have something on the web that is against the rules, then it seems to me that they could be checking those to make sure....

ChefBeckyD said:
..... and if you are going to announce on here that you have something on the web that is against the rules, then it seems to me that they could be checking those to make sure....

...and it makes their job so much easier.....btw - I did not turn you in! I have turned in a few people, but I don't believe that any of them were on CS and they were all in-your-face advertisers not an innocent mistake.

I did state in my post, it could have been a lurker.

I know they are the rules I can read nad am not stupid, obviously no one is getting my point, so I am done with this.

Linda, I know it was not you, I have my suspicion of who it is, but whatever.

I think everyone has an opinion on this and the arguing isn't going to convince anyone to change their mind. I feel that if someone breaks a rule, it needs to be addressed. (Whether they say something to the person or report it to HO, that's not up to me). It's not like HO is going to fire you or fine you if you "get reported", right? At least not with one offense. They will issue you a warning and tell you to remove whatever it is that is wrong. What's the big deal? Either they don't know that they are breaking a rule or they need clarification on things, or they are thumbing their nose at HO and being deliberate rule breakers. A rule is a rule. I think most of us here wish that we could just disclose the fact that we are consultants. And I hope HO will amend their policies regarding that. People say they have better things to do than to report people, but at the same time they are spending a lot of time reading this thread and posting about it, or searching for rule breakers for the "fun of it". Maybe when we see someone breaking the rules, we should just report it or tell them or just move on. Maybe don't come on here and post all about it, so that everyone doesn't get all up in arms about it.I don't know. I just wish everyone would stop getting all mad at each other. Report it, don't. Whatever. Let's just not keep hashing it out over and over again.If you have been reported, just try to remember that it could have been anyone. If you are breaking a rule, don't announce it. There are lots of lurkers, as everyone keeps mentioning. What's that expression--put on your big girl panties and get to work?! (I'm not trying to sound harsh, I'm trying to lighten things a little.) :)

babywings76 said:
What's that expression--put on your big girl panties and get to work?! (I'm not trying to sound harsh, I'm trying to lighten things a little.) :)

I think it's "Put on your big girl panties and DEAL WITH IT!" :)

At the risk of taking this thread TOOOOOOO far off topic, I do think they need to do a better job of explaining the rules. On the other board, someone mentioned that if we could post our web site anywhere it could be associated with other things best not mentioned. That made it a LOT clearer. Much better than saying that only upper level directors can do it and we can't.

026.gif

AMTC said:
I think it's "Put on your big girl panties and DEAL WITH IT!" :)

Ask Rae- she's the Queen of "puttin' on your Big Girl Panties" or, rather she's the queen of using that phrase.. :) Sorry Rae, I can't type or think today! :D

janetupnorth said:

This was the best post on this whole thread!! LOL

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • familymgrkendra
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views