1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Personal At my wits end

1. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I am coming here to see if anyone has any advise they can give me. My DD who is 3 has been going to the potty faithfuly #1 since May and #2 since the beginign of Aug. As of last week she has not gone at all in the potty. I refuse to go back to pull ups, I just dont know what to do. I was thinking it was cause her older siblings started school, which may totally be it but I dont think I can do it anymore.

Sep 8, 2009
  2. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

First take a deep breathe and it will get better.

It probably is from drastic change in schedule, I know my youngest did go backwards a little, not as long as this, but change screws up their little systems.

What I did, after pulling my hair out, was go back to timer method and I started, when she got up, on potty, we ate breakfast and back on potty. Then for every half hour to hour we were back on potty, even if she said she didn't have to go.

I almost got to point of making her naked so she's be more aware of it, but thankfully the timer thing worked with Margo.

I also got the book everyone poops when oldest would do #1 in potty but did #2 in her pants. I was at dentist and talking about this and she recommended this book, it's as old as sin, but it worked!!

Good luck and I'll say a few potty prayers for you and your little one.

HTH,

Lisa

3. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Not sure if she's peeing and pooping in her underwear or just peeing ... if it's just urine and she seems super upset to be led to the toilet then you might want to have her checked for a urinary tract infection. If it hurts to pee, she may be associating the toilet with the pain and trying to "hold it" as long as she can.

If it's both peeing & pooping in her underwear, then I agree it's probably related to the schedule change and her big sister being gone during the day. ;)

Sep 8, 2009
  4. ChefLoriG

ChefLoriG Advanced Member Gold Member

it's the one thing left that she can control.....

Sep 8, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Is there some big thing she could earn? Something that gives her special attention?

6. cindylpal

cindylpal Member Gold Member

Stickers on the calendar over the the toilet, yogurt raisins and cool/pretty big kids underpants ~ worked for all three of mine!!!!

Sep 8, 2009
  7. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. DH and I decided to go back to the m&m's. I am hoping this is just a control thing. She can be pretty stubborn.

Sep 9, 2009
Have something to add?