• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

At a Loss: Struggling to Stay Motivated in Business

In summary, the hostess received criticism from someone in her group for overshowing their sales too early, and the bride became angry and abusive.
bethcooks4u said:
I want to also thank everyone who had such kind words to me about my host interaction. It is amazing what words can do.

And from me, you are welcome, Beth. And it is even more amazing that people don't realize how hurtful their words can be. A simple "I'm sorry, I haven't been feeling well." goes a long way. And mind reading...we all must get better in this area!!! We'd all be trillionaires if we could do this!! :money::grumpy:

bethcooks4u said:
WHAT???!!!:eek: SHE has another show booked with you? You are a brave woman... :angel:

Give the darn booking to Karen!!!! Fast!!!:eek:

bethcooks4u said:
WHAT???!!!:eek: SHE has another show booked with you? You are a brave woman... :angel:

She was talking about having a mother/daughter show with her girl scout troop in the fall...you know, back when she was all huggy and lovey with me. I am fairly certain she has changed her evil mind about that. I will address that in our next email - I will NOT have PC give her the extra $3 for booking it unless she firms up that she still wants to do that --- and then I'll hand that show to Karen!

dannyzmom said:
i will not have pc give her the extra $3 for booking it unless she firms up that she still wants to do that --- and then i'll hand that show to karen!

bbaaaahhhhh!!

Oh...My...God.
So, she calls me this morning all cheery as if she hasn't been beating the crap out of me via
email all week.
She tells me she has orders from her friend at the bank (these would be the orders she originally told me were totaling $500) and she wants to mail the checks & cash to me...the orders total...drumroll please...$31.00
Then she tells me that Karen called her inviting her to Karen's kick-off show and asking if she could borrow some of Joan's PC tools and Joan doesn't "feel comfortable lending my tools out" -- uh, hello, Karen is YOUR friend...YOU need to discuss this with her!!! So I explain to her that that's between the two of them and if Karen needs to borrow tools and she is not willing to help her out, I am sure we can find a PC team member in her area who'd be happy to help her out.
Then...THENNNNNN...she says to me "I really don't care for the bowl at 60% off and since you got two bookings and a new team member out of my event, I would prefer for you to give me the Master Scraper and the Mega Scraper."
?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?
I very calmly explained to her that it is the company that determines what the host special is for the month and that I am not at liberty to change that. So she says "Well, can't you just give them to me as a gift?" I took a deep breath and told her that I make way less commission on a FR than I do on a regular show and given what her FR turned out to be, I didn't even break even. I have two children to feed and a mortgage to pay...so, no, as much as I would looooove to give her such an expensive gift (bless her heart), I cannot do that.
What do you want to bet I will get ANOTHER nasty email from her in the next 24 hours???

dannyzmom said:
Oh...My...God.
So, she calls me this morning all cheery as if she hasn't been beating the crap out of me via
email all week.
She tells me she has orders from her friend at the bank (these would be the orders she originally told me were totaling $500) and she wants to mail the checks & cash to me...the orders total...drumroll please...$31.00
Then she tells me that Karen called her inviting her to Karen's kick-off show and asking if she could borrow some of Joan's PC tools and Joan doesn't "feel comfortable lending me tools out" -- uh, hello, Karen is YOUR friend...YOU need to discuss this with her!!! So I explin to her that that's between the two of them and if Karen needs to borrow tolls and she is not willing to help her out, I am sure we can find a PC team member in her area who'd be happy to help her out.
Then...THENNNNNN...she says to me "I really don't care for the bowl at 60% out and since you got two bookings and a new team member out of my event, I would prefer for you to give me the Master Scraper and the Mega Scraper."
?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?
I very calmly explained to her that it is the company that determines what the host special is for the month and that I am not at liberty to change that. So she says "Well, can't you just give them to me as a gift?" I took a deep breath and told her that I make way less commission on a FR than I do on a regular show and given what her FR turned out to be, I didn't even break even. I have two children to feed and a mortgage to pay...so, no, as much as I would looooove to give her such an expensive gift (bless her heart), I cannot do that.
What do you want to bet I will get ANOTHER nasty email from her in the next 24 hours???

OMG.....psycho!!!!

Keep us updated!!

Oh my Carolyn! You are kidding, right??? :yuck::yuck:

pampmomof3 said:
Oh my Carolyn! You are kidding, right??? :yuck::yuck:

Nope...dead serious.
I wish ya'll could have heard the tone with which she "asked for" (read: demanded) free gifts from me.

WOW! Just.... WOW!!!!

:yuck:TOTALLY shaking my head!!!!:yuck:

Ugh! I just don't get people like this. Here's what I would email her (though it'd probably add fuel to the fire...but it does create a nice written record of her outright selfishness)

'Dear Xxxx, I'm terribly sorry you are disappointed in the host special. Please understand though, I cannot ethically take money from my family's income to purchase substitute products....especially when I am already making a personal contribution to your charity. If you prefer, I can give that money to you instead, and you can use it to purchase products at Karen's show. Regardless, I'm deeply grateful for the opportunity to support such a deserving charity.'

At this point, I say just submit the %^%* show. If the other order actually shows up, submit it as a regular individual order and donate the 25% yourself. (Of course, then your self-centered, entitlement-driven, snarky host will compain she didn't get to order the stinking bowl at 60% off after all.):grumpy:

Okay now, I think I'm going to go have a piece of menopausal chocolate and a glass (big glass) of wine. Love ya Carolyn; you don''t deserve this. Grrrrrrrr.

OMG! Carolyn! You have the winner of hosts! :yuck::devil::bugeye::rolleyes::yuck:

All I can say is "the nerve..."

Tell her you will deduct the cost of the Scraper from your contributions to her organization.

If you want me to write another letter and PM you with it, I will:devil::devil::devil::devil:

She is off her rocker.

Ugh! Yuck! Oh my goodness! There are so many other things I would rather write, but I just will not go there.

Carolyn, on a positive note, conference time is coming up soon and you can forget all about your troubles.

For today I suggest a margarita and two hours of nothing while listening to Barry. He will make you feel better!

I agree...close her show and crank up "Look's like we made it"!! Although I am admittedly not as big of a fan as you are, that song ran through my head all day last Friday as I wished my staff a happy and relaxing summer!!!

See you in September never entered my head!!

Sing with me girls...(I may be dating myself here...)
"I'm gonna wash that host right outta my hair...
gonna wash that host right outta my hair!"The checks & cash arrived in today's mail. I called the bank the checks were written on to confirm that there were sufficient funds available.Submitted the Godforsaken show.
:::whew::::

LOL Carolyn! and good riddance! Now, pray that nothing is wrong when her order arrives :rolleyes:

pamperedlinda said:
LOL Carolyn! and good riddance! Now, pray that nothing is wrong when her order arrives :rolleyes:

Oh come on now...OF COURSE there will be issues when the order arrives...the check will be too small, items will be broken -- she's not going to let me off that easily!

Whew...glad you're done dealing with her (at least for awhile...)

OMG!! I'm just catching up with this story! You were so gracious and not the lest bit Jersey!! LOL!! I can't believe she demanded FREE gifts from you. What a B$<*#!!

<h2>What are some strategies for staying motivated in business?</h2><p>Some strategies for staying motivated in business include setting realistic goals, surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people, taking breaks and practicing self-care, and celebrating small successes along the way.</p><h2>How can I overcome a lack of enthusiasm for my business?</h2><p>One way to overcome a lack of enthusiasm for your business is to remind yourself of your "why" - why you started your business and what motivates you to keep going. You can also try to find inspiration through success stories, training materials, and connecting with other successful entrepreneurs.</p><h2>How can I handle difficult or negative feedback from customers or hosts?</h2><p>It's important to remember that not everyone will be satisfied or happy with your products or services, and that's okay. Instead of taking negative feedback personally, try to listen and understand the customer's perspective. Then, respond calmly and professionally, and try to find a solution that works for both parties.</p><h2>What should I do if I feel overwhelmed or discouraged in my business?</h2><p>If you're feeling overwhelmed or discouraged in your business, it's important to take a step back and evaluate your priorities. Are you taking on too much? Are there areas where you can delegate or outsource tasks? It's also helpful to talk to a mentor or trusted friend for support and guidance.</p><h2>How can I balance my financial needs with my lack of motivation in my business?</h2><p>It can be difficult to balance financial needs with a lack of motivation in your business. One approach is to set achievable financial goals and work towards them one step at a time. It's also important to find ways to stay motivated and excited about your business, such as setting aside time for self-care and taking breaks when needed.</p>

What are some strategies for staying motivated in business?

Some strategies for staying motivated in business include setting realistic goals, surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people, taking breaks and practicing self-care, and celebrating small successes along the way.

How can I overcome a lack of enthusiasm for my business?

One way to overcome a lack of enthusiasm for your business is to remind yourself of your "why" - why you started your business and what motivates you to keep going. You can also try to find inspiration through success stories, training materials, and connecting with other successful entrepreneurs.

How can I handle difficult or negative feedback from customers or hosts?

It's important to remember that not everyone will be satisfied or happy with your products or services, and that's okay. Instead of taking negative feedback personally, try to listen and understand the customer's perspective. Then, respond calmly and professionally, and try to find a solution that works for both parties.

What should I do if I feel overwhelmed or discouraged in my business?

If you're feeling overwhelmed or discouraged in your business, it's important to take a step back and evaluate your priorities. Are you taking on too much? Are there areas where you can delegate or outsource tasks? It's also helpful to talk to a mentor or trusted friend for support and guidance.

How can I balance my financial needs with my lack of motivation in my business?

It can be difficult to balance financial needs with a lack of motivation in your business. One approach is to set achievable financial goals and work towards them one step at a time. It's also important to find ways to stay motivated and excited about your business, such as setting aside time for self-care and taking breaks when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies