• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

At a Loss: Struggling to Stay Motivated in Business

In summary, the hostess received criticism from someone in her group for overshowing their sales too early, and the bride became angry and abusive.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I'm at a loss...(long)
I have been really down on my business since the new Career Plan ... it's been a real struggle to stay motivated. Unfortunately I NEED this income so my lack of enthusiasm has REALLY hurt us financially. After talking with a few upline people and my husband and listening to some training CDs I was REALLY getting motivated recently. I booked some shows...and one was someone who read an email I had sent out thru my PWS. She was SO enthusiastic...then about 10 days before the show calls me and says she wants to change it to a FR. Okay. I scramble to change everything around, re-send her email invites, send her a second host packet with the FR info. Then (after I went over the FR benefits but before she rec'd the 2nd packet) she emails me a pouty email about how she doesn't feel PC gives enough $ back. Very sulky in her email. I call her and cheerily explain they give 10-15% and I give an additional 10% out of MY OWN COMMISSION plus they get $3 per booking...at which point she totally changes her tune and is all "Oh yay!! I guess I misunderstood, blah blah.."

Fast fwd to last night - I get there, she is all huggy/kissy with me, calling me Sweetheart and Honey...at the end of the demo she leads the guests in a standing ovation. As I am packing up to leave (after booking two shows and only getting $467 in orders b/c she only invited about 20 and only had 7 show up and one left 10 minutes into the demo), she is going on & on about how wonderfully professional I am and how much fun they all had and how she can't wait to do another show with me for her Girl Scout moms, etc...then I get this email from her this morning:

Hi Carolyn,
I got thinking last night about the show, I feel you overshowed my sales by these future bookings too soon, I heard Karen H say "I'll wait till I have my show and I got an order from a friend and I'll just hold it till my show." It's sabotaging the hostess sales. you really need to wait till the hostess orders are in !! I could of gotten more orders,its too much emphasis on the Future Shows.
Keep this in mind for your next hostess.
Joan

Now I need to respond...not a clue what to say to her. Don't want to piss her off because she is still collecting orders...but am at a total loss. She had not nearly enough guests to make her FR worthwhile (HER DOING), so I did all I could to help boost the $$ her group will be getting (ie: securing bookings that would bring in $3 per booking for her group).
WTF am I supposed to say to this crazy woman????:cry:

Carolyn,There are some people that you will never please and this woman sounds like one of them. The best you can do is take the high road--apologize profusely (even though you've done nothing wrong). I had a psycho bridal shower bride get pissed about something equally dumb and eventually I had to just stop responding to her.

DebbieJ said:
Carolyn,

There are some people that you will never please and this woman sounds like one of them.

The best you can do is take the high road--apologize profusely (even though you've done nothing wrong).

I had a psycho bridal shower bride get pissed about something equally dumb and eventually I had to just stop responding to her.

I am just most concerned about the fact that she is supposedly collecting more orders and has about $500 in orders she is supposed to be picking up this week. I am afraid if I don't handle her just right that she'll collect the orders, get a HO lead and submit them thru another consultant, ya know? I put SO much time and energy into this show.

Give her an incentive to get the orders to you. Add a free cookbook or something if she gets over $500. Or add one of the small collapsible bowls for free.

Nanisu said:
Give her an incentive to get the orders to you. Add a free cookbook or something if she gets over $500. Or add one of the small collapsible bowls for free.

I dunno.
She put ZERO effort into getting people to come and put all her energies into emotionally abusing ME. I'm not feeling very generous with her right about now.:grumpy:

Remind her that the value of the booking ($3) is equivalent to a $20 order. Maybe offer her something more when that show holds. I give organizations $25 when their bookings happen and are at least $300 - maybe something like that would appease her. (I don't give a percent of my income on the fundraiser though unless I'm personally associated with the group - just the bonus on the bookings).

Don't let her get you down. People can be like that.

Can I piggy back on this...

I had a show scheduled for next Tuesday. No response from the host in the last several weeks to email or phone messages. I contacted the past host and asked if something was wrong or if she had another way to contact her. The past host replied that the Tuesday host is very busy and has to cancel. I left the Tuesday host one more phone message saying that I had contacted the past host because I was concerned at not being able to contact her and that she said that the show was cancelled. I said that I wished that she had let me know so I could have rescheduled the date and that I was sorry she was so busy and if she wanted to ever reschedule to call me.

She sent me the following email this morning:
I just picked up you voice message at 515 a.m. That is the first time in several days that I have had time to do so. I am so angry that I did not risk calling you back for fear I could not control my words. You have NO IDEA what is going on in my life right now and therefore the reason I had to cancel the party. Lolita did me the favor of contacting you beccause I have been out of town for practically all of the past 3 weeks and came back with pneumonia, then had to move my office myself piece by piece. I still do not have a telephone working at work. Simply stated, I have had NO time to do anything that I had planned to do for myself. I am only giving you a small fraction of what has been going on. I am not going to waste my time on you to go any further except to say that I fully intended to have the party but circumstances beyond my control forced the cancelation. As a consultant, I understand the frustration. I've had clients cancel on me when I showed up at the door for the party. I understand it fully but would NEVER have left such a vile message to a future potential customer. I will never intentionally spend one dime that goes to you again. I will encourage anyone that informs me that you are giving a party for them not to do so and will explain exactly why. I know you don't think much of me right now and I can't help that, but, lady, you have no class. How dare you?!!!! Do not contact me again. I will not reschedule with you. I will find another Pampered Chef consultant to do my party.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I could have said to get that reaction. Anyone who knows me knows that I am all about customer service and have gone the extra mile many times with no rewards just in the hope that it might mean a referral one day. I am in tears that someone would interpret anything I said in this manner.

I did send an email in response but she will probably not read it. Here's what I responded:
I am sorry you feel that way. I never intended to hurt you and I understand that you are very very busy but I am too and this is my income (I did have another person who wanted your date). If I know that life is happening to someone I am the first one to say let's step back and look at another date or call me when it's a better time and I put them in my prayers.

I know I don't know everyone's circumstances so I need to consider that too. You are under a lot of stress right now and I understand that and am taking your words with that grain of salt. I was worried that something was wrong and that is why I contacted Lolita. I just feel that no matter how busy someone is they can make a 2 second call "I'm sorry. A ton is happening and I can't do the party. I'll get back with you when things are calmer" and I need to realize that sometimes things happen that even prevent that.

I don't expect a response to this (if you even read it) but I hope that when you feel better you can see my side of this. Email is not the way to have such a discussion. People read things in that aren't meant. Even voice mails can be misunderstood with no exchange between the two people. I was upset. You were sick and stressed and upset. Not a good combination.

I wish you the best and I have you in my prayers that your life calms down a bit and that you are in good health and that you can eventually forgive me. I'm human too.

Take care,

Vent over.

Beth, I am amazed that you were able to be so generous. Carolyn, good luck and big prayers!
My guess is that she wants something. I would ask her...over the phone... what would make her feel better. If you feel comfortable, do it. If not offer something you do feel comfortable doing.

Beth - I too am amazed at how you were able to hold it together and write her such a gracious email. The Jersey Girl in me gets in the way of my ability to be so gracious - LOLI have had a vent-fest for the past hour with both Debi and my husband - - vented it all out. Then got a call from one of the guests from last night who booked a show...she's thinking she'd like to sign up as a consultant!!!!! That was a nice little pickmeup!
So I am going to call the host from last night and make nicey nice...wish me luck.

OK - I called, she wasn't home, I left her a brief message and am waiting for her to call back.

dannyzmom said:
Beth - I too am amazed at how you were able to hold it together and write her such a gracious email. The Jersey Girl in me gets in the way of my ability to be so gracious - LOL

I have had a vent-fest for the past hour with both Debi and my husband - - vented it all out. Then got a call from one of the guests from last night who booked a show...she's thinking she'd like to sign up as a consultant!!!!! That was a nice little pickmeup!
So I am going to call the host from last night and make nicey nice...wish me luck.

Good luck! :sun: :love0010:

I talked to Lolita (past host) and she totally understands where I'm coming from so I think this lady just needs to get over herself (and get feeling better).

On the up side, I had some blood work today and the tech commented on my HWC shirt so I told her I was a consultant and she started telling me about her broken santuko knife. Well, I can't wait to talk to her this evening. I found her order (thank you Solution Center!!) and she's getting it replaced. AND she is having a party - we'll pick the date tonight when we talk! WOO HOO! What a roller coaster day.

good things happen to good people. All is right with the world :)

dannyzmom said:
OK - I called, she wasn't home, I left her a brief message and am waiting for her to call back.

So did she call back? What did you say in the message? I looked for you on FB after I got off the phone with Jan Gilbert but you were gone.

WOW you guys have been dealing with some real doozies!!! I know how you're feeling when you get this kind of interaction from people. It just makes me feel all icky inside even when I've done nothing wrong. Some people just can't be satisfied with anything.

I'm glad, Carolyn, that something good is coming from your show! It's so frustrating that your host had that reaction when she didn't even follow your suggestions on how to have a successful show! Inviting 20 people just isn't gonna cut it!

Wow, Beth, I'm impressed you're staying so calm about this. I would be so irked!! Good for you!!

You guys keep us posted!

Carolyn:

I would say something like "I appreciate where you are coming from but booking in close is what keeps my business going and insure that I am working a consistent schedule for family. I have always run my business this way, but thanks for your input". If she was so worried about extra orders why didn't she get them ahead of time?

Beth: Chalk this one up to the crazy hosts archives (maybe we should have a special thread for this--good for a laugh for all of us, anyway). I'm the one who posted last year about the host with the cockraoches in her oven and her sister sliced a mango with her 5" utility knife and then stuck the knife in her mouth to eat the mango and then handed it to me during her demo---we all have them. Your response was 100% right on.

Chalk these up the "Geez!" archives, and bless you both for not letting this ruin your weekend or take you down.

Carolyn, I'm so sorry for this but this is what we all do! This is our source of income. :) A very good one at that. I also understand your frustration of the new plan and whether you like it or not, you must embrace it! :p I know I was excited for it BUT i don't like how you have to rely on a SC to turn in $150 AND their C. So basically your directorship relies on 4 other people!! How does that make sense? I know that we have to build deep and wide so that's what I'm telling myself!

Beth, I'm so sorry for that crazy lady! I think you handled yourself very professionally and a lot better than what I would have done!!

Good luck and can't wait to hear what your host says and does!

UPDATE:I called the hostess, left her a message - no call back from her.
I sent out an email thru my PWS last night announcing the updated outlet, she wrote back early this morning with:I can't seem to find the consultant's name I know it was Kendra and she's from Stuart
Florida, I want to get Marcia her new large stone, please try to help her.
I don't seem to have any more orders , so let me know the amount that was sold
and the check is made out to Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League.
When should my customers be receiving their products.
Joan
(no Dear Carolyn or any greeting at all) She is referring to a friend who has a broken stone and wants it replaced - but this is all the info she is giving me. Oh - and the day before her show she told me she had over $500 in orders collected by her bank teller and was just waiting on payment...oh, okay...did those orders miraculously disappear??I called her around 10am today and left another voicemail...no response. Followed it at 7pm with an email saying: Hi Joan,
I am not sure if you are getting my voicemails - I have left you three messages this week. Are you out of town?
To which she replied at 8:30pm:
Why didn't you just email me, and yes I was away.
Joan
She's charming, isn't she???? :rolleyes:So, I replied with:
I am sorry I did not email. Speaking on the phone is more personal...and I know you were feeling a bit uncomfortable about our cooking demonstration so I wanted to talk about that with you. Please let me know when is a good time for us to talk.
I am SOOOO frustrated with this woman.

Oh my goodness Carolyn! I think you handled yourself very professional.....Probably a lot better than I would have! :blushing:

I just did a show 2 weeks ago in Stuart! ;)

WOW!!! Beth and Carolyn...you two need to win the Circle of Honor!!!

Carolyn...there is no getting around it...your host is a pr*ck. What a disrespectful angry and ugly woman. Not that this makes it right, but I am sure you are one of many that she talks down to. Yeah, she is gathering more orders, but you know what...you are only making 7% from her lame sales. Wrap her up and tell her thanks (cross your fingers behind your back though...that nullifies it!!)

And Beth, this is no way defending your rude and mean host but she is obvioulsy not handling the stress in her life well, as you well know. Your e-mail was gracious and understanding. Will not go into details, but in my other job, we deal with this on an almost daily basis and you did the right thing. No matter what you did right or wrong, she will always see it as a wrong no matter how much compassion and understanding you have for her. You could offer her the world and it would be the wrong shade of blue.

I too have had these kind of hosts as does everyone and it makes me wonder if people REALLY understand the power of how hurtful their words can be. I can understand when someone innocently says something but these two said their words with the intensions of manipulation (Carolyn's host) and intensions of making someone else as miserable as she is (Beth's host).

Carolyn and Beth, you are to be commended for taking the high road. It seems like small solice, but take pride in your actions. Keep taking that pride until the hurtful feelings of these thoughtless people fades...then take more pride!!!

Thank you for sharing too. I think doses of reality need to be shared so we can all learn on how to handle these situations.

POETIC JUSTICE:
Host is a completely miserable human being...yet one of her guests signs up to become a consultant on your team.While "Joan" has not yet responded to my last email, her friend Karen joined my team (quite enthusiastically, I might add) this afternoon.
How's that for a big ole "in-your-face!"BTW...you guys are all wonderful, supportive and motivating...and I adore you.Ann E, Tarducci, Colleen, Nanisu & anyone else in wave 3 -- expect to be majorly bear-hugged when I see you in Chicago next month.

dannyzmom said:
How's that for a big ole "in-your-face!"

BTW...you guys are all wonderful, supportive and motivating...and I adore you.

Ann E, Tarducci, Colleen, Nanisu & anyone else in wave 3 -- expect to be majorly bear-hugged when I see you in Chicago next month.

Thanks for giving me a laugh today! And can't wait to see you next month!!!!

That is AWESOME Carolyn!!! :) Congrats on your newest team member!

dannyzmom said:
POETIC JUSTICE:
Host is a completely miserable human being...yet one of her guests signs up to become a consultant on your team.

While "Joan" has not yet responded to my last email, her friend Karen joined my team (quite enthusiastically, I might add) this afternoon.
How's that for a big ole "in-your-face!"

BTW...you guys are all wonderful, supportive and motivating...and I adore you.

Ann E, Tarducci, Colleen, Nanisu & anyone else in wave 3 -- expect to be majorly bear-hugged when I see you in Chicago next month.

You were going to get a bear hug before you met Joan the Bone!!! I am SO glad that Karen is signing up...not just for the obvious reason, but because even though we "know" that Joan has a problem relating with humans, these words still sting and stab at us. Training Karen and seeing her enthusiasm will make Joan fade much faster.

Just wish Beth could have had a chance to have a recruit come out of her rotten experience to help take some of the sting out. Don't let the vultures get you down, Beth! I still am amazed at the heartless actions of others.

On a great note, our school graduation is tomorrow night and I spoke with a Mom who wanted to clear up some money issues with her two boys. One is graduating and I told her congratulations, etc. She broke down a bit and explained how her son quit school last year in a different state, but when he came to our school they did amazing work with him. She found out yesterday that he passed the two tests he needed to for graduation. Her relief was evident in her tears. I told her that was crying with her and that I am demanding that she cry an extra kleenex full of tears for me tomorrow night...my son didn't make it last year. Although he passed his GED on the first try this past April and I am proud of who he is...I never got to embarass the crap out of him by crying my eyes out at his graduation!!!!:cry::D

dannyzmom said:
POETIC JUSTICE:
Host is a completely miserable human being...yet one of her guests signs up to become a consultant on your team.

What a sweeeeeet outcome! :)

!!!!!!
The queen of charming just replied!!!!!!

Well I do email,and I am still waiting for your reply !!
I was out of town and I just had surgery today, so please answer my questions, I don't
feel up to talking on the phone.
Joan

I need help composing a sugary-sweet response...can you guys help me put it together?

Here is some of what I have so far - as well as some points I still need to address:

Dear Joan,

I am so sorry to hear you had to have surgery. I had no idea. I do hope you're on the mend ASAP.

I had a great time last week at your show and hope you did as well. You did a wonderful job gathering together a crowd of people to support your FUNdraiser cause. Too bad more people weren’t able to join us but we have until the 29th to collect orders and let people know it’s not too late to participate.

When I received your email after the show, I was quite surprised to hear you were upset. Let me try to explain. When anybody goes to a show, due to the high quality products, generous host benefits and (hopefully) the fun they have, having a show of their own is a natural progression of the business. To be honest, even if I said nothing about anyone having their own show, on average 2 to 3 people at every show I do book a show of their own.

People only have so much money budgeted to spend, so in many cases it does not take away from the current show when they book a show of their own. When it does take a few $’s away, as in this case, it isn't something we can control. But, consider that 10% of an average $50 order would earn the charity $5.00...Karen's friend's order was for a $12.50 scraper, that would have earned our charity $1.25 (once your show hits $1000 in sales, then it would have earned the charity $3.13). Pampered Chef gives $3 for each booking – so you do earn almost as much as if the order was put on the fundraiser now. And that’s assuming an average order. IF the order was less than $50, you are ahead of the game. The $9 we raised by getting three bookings (Martha, Karen and your future show) is the equivalent of a $90 order.

Our goal was to raise as much money as we could for the Humane Society. With only 7 guests in attendance, one who left within the first 5 minutes of the demo, and a second who left without ordering, only to return at the end of the evening to place an order, securing bookings was a guaranteed way to earn more money for the charity. Our goal was to raise money for your charity...I did everything in my power to help you do that.

If I can explain it any further, or assist in any other way possible while you continue to gather orders and raise your funds, let me know. Again, it was a pleasure working with you and I can’t wait to see how high we get the show and how big your check(s) will be from Pampered Chef and me!

As for Marcia's broken stone, I would be more than happy to help her get it replaced, but I need her first and last name as well as her contact information in order for the company to look her up. Please get back to me with her first & last name, address, and phone number. What I will then do is call Pampered Chef, have them try to track down the order, and then arrange for her to send a piece of the broken item back and they will send her a new one.

Last we spoke you said you had about $500 in orders from someone at the bank? Do you still want to apply those to the fundraiser? I know that both Emily and Mary Elizabeth took catalogs with them with the intention of collecting orders from their friends and/or co-workers to help the Humane Society. They were both under the impression that they could collect orders until the 29th. Once we close out the show, the orders should arrive within about a week to ten days.

Also, did you want to take advantage of your host benefit? You can get the 2qt Collapsible Serving Bowl for 60% off. Please let me know.

Again, I am sorry if you felt I was trying to hurt your fundraiser. In actuality I was doing everything I could do to help you raise MORE money. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Fondly,
Carolyn

Anyone?
Bueller? Bueller?

Good God...you are so good. I want to rip her stitches out!! I think it is outstanding, professional and explains it well.

You do know however, that she will not respond well...if you gave her a $5000 donation, it she would not like the number 5 and would want to know why you couldn't give $6000.

Let me know if you get the hairspray out...I'll be teasing my hair in the meantime!!!

baychef said:
Good God...you are so good. I want to rip her stitches out!! I think it is outstanding, professional and explains it well.

You do know however, that she will not respond well...if you gave her a $5000 donation, it she would not like the number 5 and would want to know why you couldn't give $6000.

Let me know if you get the hairspray out...I'll be teasing my hair in the meantime!!!

So, do you think it's ok? Should I send it or does it need some tweaking?

I think it is fine, but if you feel it needs tweeking, then do so. You need to know in your heart that your words are conveyed (God, I can't spell tonight) the way you want them to be.

Just be prepared for her to rag again...she is continually miserable and no words are going to make her change her stripes. Brace for another round of abuse....not because of your words, but because she is miserable to the core of her being.

baychef said:
I think it is fine, but if you feel it needs tweeking, then do so. You need to know in your heart that your words are conveyed (God, I can't spell tonight) the way you want them to be.

Just be prepared for her to rag again...she is continually miserable and no words are going to make her change her stripes. Brace for another round of abuse....not because of your words, but because she is miserable to the core of her being.

I dunno. I know you're right that it'll just bring on round 3 of abuse...I am TIRED and beat up by her and don't want any more. But I don't want her going around telling her friends I am bad...so I feel the need to state my case, kwim?

Should I got for it & send it? Or wait to hear a few more opinions?

I always feel that I give my hosts the information they need. Yes, she will still present you in an unfair light. I have experienced this too. Unbelievable how freely people will ditz others just to make themselves feel better.

Why don't you wait to hear what others say and to "sleep on it" too so when you hit send, you are totally confident.

Like I said...I am ready to take her stitches out but only when the pain medicine wears off!!! Don't want her to miss one special moment...and I will them be able to justify her ugly attitude.

Ok - Debi says to send it...DH says to send it...DH's attitude on this one is basically "Send it, close her show and be done with her...she's causing you too much stress and she is not worth it"
He's right.
I am sending it...although I think the paragraph about the $$ and %ages is a bit unclear and I need to clean it up...help?

Wow - you are so eloquent! The only thing missing is the phrase "Bless Your Heart" (southern-speak for "kiss my ass" "your an idiot" "f*** off" ) ....but then again, you aren't a southerner so all is good! Go for it.

I think you explained it well and even included examples. I am with your DH...send it, close the show, and be done with her. You've got better things to do than be abused by her.

Deep breath in...slowly let it out!

Ok - I have been tweaking it a bit...and yes, Linda, I would love to say "Bless your heart" to her but the Jersey girl in me would take over and I woudl end up telling her to go &*(^@&*@^ herself. LOLHere's the tweaked version...I think I am getting a bit bitchy...feedback please?Dear Joan,I am so sorry to hear you had to have surgery. I had no idea. I do hope that you're on the mend ASAP.I had a great time last week at your show and hope you did as well. You did a wonderful job gathering together a crowd of people to support your FUNdraiser cause. Too bad more people weren’t able to join us but we have until the 29th to collect orders and let people know it’s not too late to participate.When I received your email after the show, I was quite surprised to hear you were upset...especially after all the praise, applause and hugs from you at the end of the evening. Let me try to explain. When anybody goes to a show, due to the high quality products, generous host benefits and (hopefully) the fun they have, having a show of their own is a natural progression of the business. Even if I said nothing about anyone having their own show, on average 2 to 3 people at every show I do book a show of their own. People only have so much money budgeted to spend, especially in this economy...so in many cases it does not take away from the current show when they book a show of their own. When it does take a few $’s away, as in this case, it isn't something we can control. But, if you look at the numbers, it makes more sense: consider that 10% of an average $50 order would earn the charity $5.00...Karen's friend's order was for a $12.50 scraper, that would have earned our charity $1.25 (once your show hit $1000 in sales, then it would have earned the charity $3.13). Pampered Chef gives you $3 for each booking – so at the level your show is currently at, you're ahead by $2.75. Even if you turn in the orders from your bank friend, bringing the show total to over $1,000 and raising your benefit to 25% (from the current 10%), it's only a 13c difference...The $9 we raised by getting three bookings (Martha, Karen and your future show) is the equivalent of a $90 order.Our goal was to raise as much money as we could for the Humane Society. With only 7 guests in attendance (one who left within the first 5 minutes of the demo, and a second who left without ordering, only to return at the end of the evening to place an order...so we only had 6 ordering guests in attendance), securing bookings was a guaranteed way to earn more money for the charity. Our goal was to raise money for your charity...I did everything in my power to help you do that.If I can explain it any further, or assist in any other way possible while you continue to gather orders and raise your funds, let me know. Again, it was a pleasure doing the show with you and your friends and I can’t wait to see how big your check(s) will be from Pampered Chef and me once the rest of the orders come in!As for Marcia's broken stone, I would be more than happy to help her get it replaced, but I need her contact information in order for the company to look her up. Please get back to me with her first & last name, address, and phone number. What I will then do is call Pampered Chef, have them try to track down the order, and then arrange for her to send a piece of the broken item back so that they will send her a new one. Last we spoke you said you had about $500 in orders from someone at the bank. Do you still want to apply those to the fundraiser? I know that both Emily and Mary Elizabeth took catalogs with them with the intention of collecting orders from their friends and/or co-workers to help the Humane Society. They were both under the impression that they could collect orders until the 29th. Once we close out the show, the orders should arrive within about a week to ten days. Also, did you want to take advantage of your host benefit? You can get the 2qt Collapsible Serving Bowl for 60% off. Please let me know.Again, I am sorry if you felt I was trying to hurt your fundraiser. In actuality I was doing everything I could possibly do to help you raise MORE money. With only 6 buying guests in attendance, there was only so much I could do. I hope you're feeling better soon.Fondly,
Carolyn

Looks good. there's a typo though - 4th paragraph:

......People only have so much money budgeted to spend, especially in this economy...so in many cases it does not take away from the current show when they book a show of their own. When it does take a few $’s away, as in this case, it isn't something we can control. But, if you look at the numbers, it makes more send: consider that 10% of an average $50

pamperedlinda said:
Looks good. there's a typo though - 4th paragraph:

......People only have so much money budgeted to spend, especially in this economy...so in many cases it does not take away from the current show when they book a show of their own. When it does take a few $’s away, as in this case, it isn't something we can control. But, if you look at the numbers, it makes more send: consider that 10% of an average $50

Okay - Debi says it sounds too defensive and there is no need to "go there" with the hugs stuff and the "with only 6 buying guests" stuff.
Now I am torn...I need another opinion - anyone else on here tonight?? We need a tie-breaker - LOL

dannyzmom said:
Okay - Debi says it sounds too defensive and there is no need to "go there" with the hugs stuff and the "with only 6 buying guests" stuff.
Now I am torn...I need another opinion - anyone else on here tonight?? We need a tie-breaker - LOL

I actually like the original one better. Kill her with kindness and let HER to the ONLY idiot!!!!

ok - I fixed the typo...where are the rest of you ladies...I need helllllp!!!!
(and a glass of chocolate milk)

Okay - I got a good suggestion from Debi to add this somewhere...where can I add it?"as you know, having as many guest in attendance is the best way to guarantee a successful show.."

dannyzmom said:
ok - I fixed the typo...where are the rest of you ladies...I need helllllp!!!!
(and a glass of chocolate milk)

I agree with Deb and DH...send it and be done with her. I PM'd you my version in case you want to use it :devil::D:devil::D:devil::D

Wait - you agree with Deb and DH? Debi likes the original, DH says I should send YOUR version :devil::cool::devil::cool:
So...which is it???

Carolyn, whatever version you send, I am impressed. Very well done.

dannyzmom said:
Wait - you agree with Deb and DH? Debi likes the original, DH says I should send YOUR version :devil::cool::devil::cool:
So...which is it???

If you send the version I pm'd you, we could both be arrested!!!:devil:

I think all of it sounds good. I'm no good at this stuff because when I've been in similar frustrating situations, no matter what I write, it doesn't sound good to me. Good luck and keep us posted!

I like the original version. Less things for her to turn around a pick at you.
Well thought out, more than I would do and good luck! ((HUGS))

Carolyn, Did you send it yet? If not just do it (original was fine). I personally would try to be as unwordy as possible (giving her as little ammunition as you can). Stop stressing about this and let it go. Hopefully you can send it in on Monday and be done with her.

CONGRATS on the recruit! WOO HOO! What a way to make lemonade!

I want to also thank everyone who had such kind words to me about my host interaction. It is amazing what words can do. I am still amazed that people think we can read their minds/know what's going on in their lives without them telling us anything. I also can't believe that people don't even consider that we might have lives and issues in them too.

Okay - done. I just sent the following version:

Dear Joan,

I am so sorry to hear you had to have surgery. I had no idea. I do hope you're on the mend ASAP.

I had a great time last week at your show and hope you did as well. You did a wonderful job gathering together a crowd of people to support your FUNdraiser cause. Too bad more people weren’t able to join us but we have until the 29th to collect orders and let people know it’s not too late to participate.

When I received your email after the show, I was quite surprised to hear you were upset. Let me try to explain. When anybody goes to a show, due to the high quality products, generous host benefits and (hopefully) the fun they have, having a show of their own is a natural progression of the business. To be honest, even if I said nothing about anyone having their own show, on average 2 to 3 people at every show I do book a show of their own.

People only have so much money budgeted to spend, especially in this economy...so in many cases it does not take away from the current show when they book a show of their own. When it does take a few $’s away, as in this case, it isn't something we can control. But, if you look at the numbers, it makes more sense: consider that 10% of an average $50 order would earn the charity $5.00...Karen's friend's order was for a $12.50 scraper, that would have earned our charity $1.25 (once your show hit $1000 in sales, then it would have earned the charity $3.13). Pampered Chef gives you $3 for each booking – so at the level your show is currently at, you're ahead by $2.75. Even if you turn in the orders from your bank friend, bringing the show total to over $1,000 and raising your benefit to 25% (from the current 10%), it's only a 13c difference...The $9 we raised by getting three bookings (Martha, Karen and your future show) is the equivalent of a $90 order.

Our goal was to raise as much money as we could for the Humane Society. With only 7 guests in attendance, one who left within the first 5 minutes of the demo, and a second who left without ordering, only to return at the end of the evening to place an order, securing bookings was a guaranteed way to earn more money for the charity. Our goal was to raise money for your charity...I did everything in my power to help you do that.

If I can explain it any further, or assist in any other way possible while you continue to gather orders and raise your funds, let me know. Again, it was a pleasure working with you and I can’t wait to see how high we get the show and how big your check(s) will be from Pampered Chef and me!

As for Marcia's broken stone, I would be more than happy to help her get it replaced, but I need her first and last name as well as her contact information in order for the company to look her up. Please get back to me with her first & last name, address, and phone number. What I will then do is call Pampered Chef, have them try to track down the order, and then arrange for her to send a piece of the broken item back and they will send her a new one.

Last we spoke you said you had about $500 in orders from someone at the bank? Do you still want to apply those to the fundraiser? I know that both Emily and Mary Elizabeth took catalogs with them with the intention of collecting orders from their friends and/or co-workers to help the Humane Society. They were both under the impression that they could collect orders until the 29th. Once we close out the show, the orders should arrive within about a week to ten days.

Also, did you want to take advantage of your host benefit? You can get the 2qt Collapsible Serving Bowl for 60% off. Please let me know.

Again, I am sorry if you felt I was trying to hurt your fundraiser. In actuality I was doing everything I could do to help you raise MORE money. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Fondly,
Carolyn

Will let you know how she replies

I think that sounds great! Less defensive but still getting your point across. Now, get her show closed, then bless and release!!!

Sorry I missed this....my vote would have been for the original as well. Sounds like she has other issues in her life that she is taking out on you. Hang in a couple more days and be done with it. {{{HUGS}}}

The $9 we raised by getting three bookings (Martha, Karen and your future show) is the equivalent of a $90 order.

WHAT???!!!:eek: SHE has another show booked with you? You are a brave woman... :angel:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies