• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aSurprise Offer for New Contacts

In summary, the builder's group that I am a member of was formed by a very successful Realtor. He offered to give me lists of recent closed home sales from the MLS that I could contact to offer PC installation and waterproofing services. I am thinking of using this as a way to introduce myself to new clients, and would like to know if it is okay to do so.
Barry Carlton
I am a member of a newly formed builders group. It was formed by a very successful Realtor. I mentioned that I sell PC along with installing floors and waterproofing membranes.

Here is what he offered.
[highlight]Barry, if you would like to do pampered chef parties I can give you lists of recent closed home sales from the MLS that you can contact to offer such services. I can provide such information to any member who would like to do a mailer of their services and/or products. [/highlight]

Is that saaweeet or what!?

Thought I'd share the idea.

I'm thinking of pushing it as housewarming.

are you going to call them or send them things in the mail????? just interested think it is a great idea...may do it myself because I am a Realtor myself!

brandyr1998 said:
are you going to call them or send them things in the mail????? just interested think it is a great idea...may do it myself because I am a Realtor myself!

I just got the email this morn. So I don't know yet. My first thought was to call.

interesting...when i started my RE business I called For Sale By Owners so along the same lines but you are offering them FREE stuff. I wonder with most people having cell phones and not home phones if you should have something to mail as well

brandyr1998 said:
interesting...when i started my RE business I called For Sale By Owners so along the same lines but you are offering them FREE stuff. I wonder with most people having cell phones and not home phones if you should have something to mail as well

Good thought. Brainstorming now. In the Boise area the mail is nearly always over night. So maybe a mailer and a follow up call 2-3 days later.

yeah or i was evening thinking hand delivering them a catalog and host special flyer so that way you can build a relationship of that.....

Though the Realtor is not selling you the list, I expect the MLS has some guidelines about the use of that information and the Realtor may be violating the guidelines by distributing a list. Sure, you can get some of the same info from the county clerk's office or wherever RE transactions are recorded. We moved over the summer and I have gotten a few calls from home decorators, etc. who I assume got our info from some kind of list. I have told all of them that I am on the Do Not Call List.

I wouldn't put much time or money into cold-calling or distributing print materials to people who have no idea who you are.

If the Realtor wants to introduce you to his/her clients, that is a different matter.

Becca_in_MD said:
Though the Realtor is not selling you the list, I expect the MLS has some guidelines about the use of that information and the Realtor may be violating the guidelines by distributing a list. Sure, you can get some of the same info from the county clerk's office or wherever RE transactions are recorded. We moved over the summer and I have gotten a few calls from home decorators, etc. who I assume got our info from some kind of list. I have told all of them that I am on the Do Not Call List.

I wouldn't put much time or money into cold-calling or distributing print materials to people who have no idea who you are.

If the Realtor wants to introduce you to his/her clients, that is a different matter.

WOW....POP that balloon!!!!!

Paul would never ever break any rules!!!!! Let alone the law!!!!

Thanx for your support!!!

Sorry to be harsh. Just sharing the realities from the other side of the list. Plus, I used to work for a Board of Realtors a long time ago and know there is a code of ethics they're supposed to follow.

This business is about contacts and building relationships. You could approach a new homes community and talk to the sales office about doing something there.

Well,, it's possible that there's a clause that says "we will only release your information to 3rd parties in such and such cases, etc. Check here if you would like to be removed from these lists" and some people dont check it. You never know!

There is public information available for you to know who has recently closed on a new home, as stated earlier, so I don't really think you would get in trouble per se for calling people. If someone is on a DNC registry, how would you know? If their number is listed in the phone book and you got the information from a public source, then they can't fault you for trying.But one thing to definitely keep in mind is that making cold calls is hard and you will get a lot of people who say no. I wouldn't spend a lot of money mailing out things to people. The best way is by talking to them over the phone or in person. I live in a new neighborhood and we constantly get door to door salesmen and it gets very annoying after a while. So even doing door to door you will get lots of no's. One way that might be better is to talk to realtors and see if they would give people they are working with your card, or if they want to buy a couple things to put together if they give their clients a gift at their closings.

Yes, it is public information, we have a local paper that publishes a list every week.That being said, I tried something like that. I didn't have phone numbers so I mailed out letters with minis. Not a one response. Not worth the effort.

What is the "Surprise Offer for New Contacts"?

The "Surprise Offer for New Contacts" is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef for new customers who sign up to receive our emails. It is a way for us to thank and welcome new contacts into our community and introduce them to our high-quality kitchen products.

How do I qualify for the "Surprise Offer for New Contacts"?

To qualify for the "Surprise Offer for New Contacts", you must be a new contact and sign up to receive our emails. This offer is only available for first-time subscribers and cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts.

What is included in the "Surprise Offer for New Contacts"?

The "Surprise Offer for New Contacts" can vary, but it typically includes a special discount or free gift with your first purchase. The exact offer will be revealed to you once you sign up for our emails and will be valid for a limited time.

How do I redeem the "Surprise Offer for New Contacts"?

To redeem the "Surprise Offer for New Contacts", simply click on the link provided in the email you received after signing up. This will automatically apply the offer to your first purchase. Alternatively, you can enter the provided promo code at checkout.

Can I share the "Surprise Offer for New Contacts" with my friends and family?

The "Surprise Offer for New Contacts" is a special promotion for new contacts only and cannot be shared with others. However, we encourage you to invite your friends and family to sign up for our emails so they can also receive exclusive offers and updates from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mikecooks
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
Replies