• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Assistance With Lack of Contact Info on Oof's

In summary, despite the fact that most of the orders from catalog shows and outside orders do not have contact information, hosts are still expected to get this information for their customers. This can be a huge pain for the host, as they are often left to deal with whatever issues arise with an order that does not have contact information.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I am constantly battling this and am wondering how others handle this. EVERY catalog show I do,and every time I collect outside orders, the OOF's I am handed- 99%- are completely lacking contact info (save for an address) for the ordering customer. :grumpy:

No matter how many times I tell my hosts "please make sure that you get at the very least one valid phone number for all your ordering customers, in case I need to contact them for trouble with a payment, back ordered item, etc." and reassure them that their contact info goes no further than myself, that I will not infact turn into a crazy stalker who calls them every week begging them to book a party with me...it never fails. 99% of the order forms I get back have NO phone numbers or email addresses on them. :yuck:

I have gone so far as to tell my hosts that I can not accept orders without an address and phone number because it is not a valid order without that information, and still nothing. :grumpy:

I recently had a situation where a host mailed me an OOF with a check after a show. Guess what? It got lost in the mail. Well, the OOF was a friend of a friend, and the friend can't be gotten a hold of, and the OOF didn't have a phone number or email address on it (she read me the order and customer info over the phone and I entered it into P3, waited for the check before I closed the show)

My host ended up paying for the order (thankfully it was small) b/c she didn't want the friend of a friend to end up w/out her products. BUT had I gotten the phone number to begin with it would have been a non-issue- I could have contacted the guest directly and notified her the check was lost in the mail. :cry:

So... how do you address this with your hosts? How do you get them to get their guests to provide phone numbers on their OOF's? It's so frustrating. All advice is welcomed :blushing:

I got sick of fighting this and usually don't like mailing checks back and forth. So I just tell the host to get credit cards or debit cards or have the checks wrote out to her. I just get one big payment in the end from the host. I don't even bother having them mail back the order forms.

But I have heard on here that HO will reject shows if all orders get charged to one card, in fact I have read that in the policies and guidelines that this shouldn't be used as a practice...

Not to mention at the end of the day I WOULD like the guest's contact info so I can actually follow up with them and at least make ONE customer care call to say "How are you enjoying your products?"

Seriously, it makes me NOT want to do catty shows anymore. It's beyond frustrating.

Maybe I am in the wrong - but I don't worry about the contact info for Outside Orders. A name is all I need/worry about.

If the guest was at a show and I have her phone etc - and an issue comes up with a check/order - then I can contact the guest. (And not bother the host at all).

BUT - for outside orders, if I have no contact info - then, in my opinion, it all goes back on the host to deal with it. SHE will need to get me the person's info to call - or she can call them herself and get the $ or ask the question.

I think Kara isn't too worried that the majority of her orders will be messed up and she has to deal with it. She's looking to expand her business, and one thing heard over and over again in recordings is to contact your outside order people for bookings and recruit leads.

I can't say I have a lot of luck either, it's quite hit-and-miss. I would just focus on telling your host why you need the information. Not in the sense of "if something goes wrong" but more along the lines of "I want to offer them the same quality customer service as I do the customers that are at a/the show"

Thanks Noora, for the understanding and for the suggested approach. I will certainly try this and see if it's more effective, and use the "also in case if something goes wrong" as the backup.

I just hate pestering hosts and really, once the products are out of their hands, most of them don't care. But I am certainly more concerned about expanding my biz!

Maybe you could say that order forms filled out with complete contact info get entered into a drawing for a free gift. I tried making my own outside order forms and put on there that if it was filled out completely they'd get a Season's Best, but that method hasn't helped either. I'm finding that most host's just ask people what they want and communicate verbally or through e-mail the orders, so there's no real need to fill out the forms. I'm thinking of telling hosts that I need their contact info so that I can provide them with complete customer service. I'm going to start telling them to get their friends consent for me to have their e-mail address so that I can send them recipes and such, too. But for every contact they give me complete info for, those people will be entered into a drawing for a free gift.

I have it written on the very top of my OOF's that it's REQUIRED to fill out all contact info for warranty purposes. Then, while host coaching, I make sure the host understands that I need their first/last name, address and phone #. I tell them email is optional.

When a host has an outside order w/ just the name, I tell the host, "Before we can close your show, I'll need their address and phone # for warranty purposes". I have never had an issue getting that info. They just get it done. If the purchaser put their name and phone # on the form I do call them and ask them for their address.

Just state it as a matter of fact and people will give you the info. I will not close their show until I get all contact info for all orders.

I was going to say the same thing, I tell hosts that I need a full name (have gotten several without a last name), address & at least 1 phone number before the order could be placed because of warranty purposes. Never had a problem getting that info then.

1. How can I update my contact information on Oof's?

To update your contact information on Oof's, log into your account and click on "My Profile." From there, you can edit your contact information and save the changes. If you are having trouble updating your information, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

2. I'm not receiving any notifications or emails from Oof's. What should I do?

If you are not receiving any notifications or emails from Oof's, it is possible that your contact information is incorrect or outdated. Please log into your account and check your email address and phone number to ensure they are correct. If they are correct and you are still not receiving notifications, please reach out to our customer service team for further assistance.

3. Can I change the email address associated with my Oof's account?

Yes, you can change the email address associated with your Oof's account by logging into your account and clicking on "My Profile." From there, you can edit your email address and save the changes. If you are having trouble changing your email address, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

4. Is it possible to receive notifications from Oof's through text message?

Yes, you can choose to receive notifications from Oof's through text message. Simply log into your account and click on "My Profile." From there, you can add your phone number and select the option to receive notifications through text message. If you are having trouble setting this up, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

5. I accidentally deleted my Oof's account. Can I retrieve my contact information?

If you have accidentally deleted your Oof's account, unfortunately, your contact information cannot be retrieved. We recommend creating a new account and updating your contact information to continue receiving notifications and emails from Oof's. If you are having trouble setting up a new account, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • SonyaVerrillo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jesikaransom
  • Becca_in_MD