1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Asking WORKS!

1. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Last night was a "work" night for me and I wanted to get more shows on my May calendar. I wasn't getting any bites. So I decided to try a different approach. I got out my list of "potentials" that mentioned that sometime they might host and I called each and every one of them (really, it was only about 12 calls 'cuz a storm hit and I had to get home). I digress. ANYWAY, I sort-of scripted my calls and went to work and here's what I said: "Hey, it's Andrea w/ PC and this is sort-of out of the blue, but I wanted to ask you a question. I was wondering if you would consider hosting a catalog or cooking show next month because May is when PC has their HWC campaign and $1 from the sale of each special pink item goes to breast cancer awareness and prevention. I've made a goal for myself to raise $500 next month, so I am asking everyone! Would you consider helping me out?"
    I got 6 catalog shows and 1 cooking show. NOT BAD at all!! :thumbup:
    It just proves that when you ask - they will HELP - and that truly is a key word, especially when you mention a goal. People want to help other people.

Apr 10, 2009
  2. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

Love it! Good for you on the bookings! I'm going to try out your script.

Apr 10, 2009
  3. heather223

heather223 Veteran Member Gold Member

Great job! I have to get on the phone and make the calls too! I only have 2 May shows right now. I am going to use your words.

Apr 10, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Congratulations!

Apr 10, 2009
  5. c00p

Thanks for the kudos - and I hope that each of you that give it a shot have HUGE success!!!

Apr 10, 2009
  6. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing your success. It is inspiring!

7. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm happy for your success. We all need to take the initiative sometimes. I know I need to just do things at times.

Apr 10, 2009
  8. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

I was at a show middle of March and said: I need another show the first week of April so I can earn the HWC Apron, so if someone will book, I'll bring all the ingredients.
    One gal said: I'll help you out. We closed it Monday, it was $1,400 !!!!! She had almost $800 in outside orders before we even started the Cooking Show. I've been shaking my head ever since, wondering how much business I've missed out on just because I didn't ask!!!!

Apr 10, 2009
  9. Wow, you all seem to be doing better than I am :) having a very rough start with business...........wish I knew the secret that you all know.

Apr 11, 2009
  10. I'm ready to throw in the dish towel!

Started this in Feburary and as of yet, I'm still not a qualified consultant. I live in a very rural area and contacts are hard to come by. I've done a county home and garden show a few weeks ago....got about 22 potential maybes.........as I did my call backs, they all denied ever saying yes. At this point, I just don't what else to do. I have 2 more county fair ground shows booked for May and I'm hoping I get some leads but, at this point I'm very frustated.....

Apr 11, 2009
  11. c00p

RECRUIT HER!!!!! She did the job without realizing it and YOU got paid for it!! Ask her......you don't know what you might be missing!!

Apr 11, 2009
  12. c00p

Re: I'm ready to throw in the dish towel!

That is frustrating and I'm sorry you are having a rough start. Have you and your recruiter dialogued as to a game plan and strategies? My first thought was to get out of the area you live in: meaning, contact those that live somewhere else via phone and email. Ask them to help you get your business off and running. I think it's very, very important to get out of your immediate area and friends asap. Best of luck!

Apr 11, 2009
  13. SUZIEQCONSULTANT

SUZIEQCONSULTANT Member Gold Member

Good for you! Thanks also for sharing! I'm going to pass this along to my downline.

14. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Best ingredients that you ever purchased! Way to go!

15. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

Just asking helped me recruit 2 people in March and add 5 total people to my team in 2 days. Just ASK everyone about the business too!

Apr 11, 2009
Have something to add?