• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Prayers for Health and Healing: A Personal Struggle with Uncertainty

In summary, the author had several problems over Christmas, including a long list of symptoms that led to a visit to the doctor. The doctor did a series of tests and found that the author may have had a diverticulitis, an ulcer, or something else serious. The author is now going back to the doctor on Monday.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
At this point I don't know where to turn, so I will turn to my fellow cheffers.
This will probably be a long story, so I am sorry in advance. I just need to get it out.
Christmas eve we took the kids to the movies. I ate too much popcorn and just thought it made me sick. I kept having stomach pains and decided to see my doctor the day after new years. I was nauseaus(?) with everything that I ate.
The doctor set me up for a HIDA scan because they thought it was my gall bladder. I went and the test made me deathly ill. But my gallbladder is fine. I have been really sick every since. They have given me meds which doesn't seem to be working.
I haven't eaten anything in a week except for 1 piece of toast and a few crackers. I have no appetite at all.
All of this have triggered my panic attacks again and I have done nothing but bawl for the last 3 days. Now I have other pains that I don't know if they are anxiety related or what.
I would really appreciate your prayers on my behalf. I have to hurry and get over this because my DH is set for major back surgery on the 4th of Feb.
Thanks,
Leslie

Did the check you for diverticulitis? see this: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/diverticulosis/

That can be very dangerous if not taken care of. It runs in my family and anything you eat with a 'hull' on it can make it worse (corn, peas, rice....)

pamperedlinda said:
Did the check you for diverticulitis? see this: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/diverticulosis/

That can be very dangerous if not taken care of. It runs in my family and anything you eat with a 'hull' on it can make it worse (corn, peas, rice....)

I was just about to say the same thing!!!!

pamperedlinda said:

Or anything with little seeds - including tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries, poppy seeds, etc.....

I have seen my mom with attacks - it's really miserable. The good news is that if treated correctly, it can be healed. My mom is now able to eat normally.

My uncle had his rupture last year - luckily he was in the ER when it happened....he had been in the ER waiting room for 6 hours when it ruptured. He had emergency surgery and he had to have a colostomy bag for several months while he healed. He had everything reconnected @ 8 months ago and is doing fine now. Very scarey though, it can be fatal and he was very sick.

You're in my prayers!

Sending love, hugs and prayers to you! Hope they find out soon!

I will say a prayer for you. I hope they can find out what is wrong and get you back on the right track. Hang in there! :)

I'll be praying.

Please go to the doctor and get checked. Especially stomach pains.

They now think it may be an ulcer, diverticulitis, or who knows what else. I actually feel a little better right now. Thank you all so much for your prayers. I go back to the doctor on Monday.

I'm so glad you're feeling a little better! I will continue to pray that they figure out what's going on very soon.

I dont' want to scare you, but please have the Dr. check you for Luekemia just to be safe. I had a friend who had a very close friend have stomach problems for a long time before they caught her Luekemia. Unfortunately they found out too late to save her. Luekemia has a very successful cure rate if found early enough.

I'll be praying for you.

There are some really crazy bugs strains going around lately. My sister-in-law was hospitalized a few weeks ago. She was having a problem with her whole body having pins and needles. It was painfully when she would walk or move. She/ They were checking for MS and other serious diseases. UGH!! It turned out to be a virus.
A week later her son was complaining of severe stomach pain. He went to the hospital and they did all sorts of tests. They were thinking it might have been appendicitis. He was dehydrated and stayed in the hospital a few days. His turned out to be a virus too.
Hoping maybe it is just a yucky virus! (that sounds better than some of the other choices. )

I think I like Keri's guess. I am feeling a little better today. The look of food isn't making me sick anymore. They anxiety symptoms are more troublesome right now. For those that have this condition, you understand what I mean. If I posted them here people would really think I was dying because if I didn't know what they were they would be serious.
Thanks for all you prayers. Hopefully I will be out of the woods by the 4th, with both the sickness and the anxiety. My DH can't deal with me like this when he is getting ready to go through what he is.

I wanted to give you all an update on my condition. I saw the doctor again yesterday and she has scheduled me for a CT scan tomorrow. She said she doesn't think that it is serious, just wants to cover all the bases.
Please keep us in your prayers.
Thanks

Leslie,

You'll be in my prayers. I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I really hope it was a virus and that you'll be up and running in no time.

Hugs!

I'll be praying!

In my prayers Leslie . . .

I pray that your scan will go well & that everything turns out ok. Keep us updated.

Prayers are with youPrayers are with you. The uncertainty of it all is so very hard. Prayer for you, doctors, DH, too.

I'm praying for you too! I hope you start feeling back to normal really soon!!

Any news yet? I hope you're feeling better!

I just got a call from my doctor. She said that during the CT scan, they found a small umbilical hernia and small cysts on both of my ovaries. She said that that would explain some of the pain, but not my other symptoms, so I go to a GI doctor on Wed. I have lost 15 pounds since the 7th and one day I will feel good and the next day I don't. They think it might be IBS with stress aggrivating my symptoms and making them worse.

I'll still be praying for you! I know it's not the best news, but at least now you can start treating the symptoms or have the appropriate procedures done...I'm so sorry you're still not feeling good. Prayers & Hugs!! Keep us posted!

1. What is the proper way to ask for prayers?

There is no one right way to ask for prayers. It is a personal and individual decision. Some people prefer to ask for prayers in a formal setting, such as during a religious service or gathering, while others may feel more comfortable reaching out to close friends and family members directly.

2. How can I request prayers for a specific situation or person?

You can request prayers for a specific situation or person by being specific in your request. Let others know exactly what you would like them to pray for, such as healing for a loved one or guidance for a difficult decision. You can also provide updates and specific prayer requests through social media or group messaging.

3. Can I ask for prayers for non-religious matters?

Yes, you can ask for prayers for any matter that is important to you, even if it is not directly related to religion. Many people find comfort and support in knowing that others are thinking of and praying for them, regardless of the topic.

4. How can I show my gratitude for those who have prayed for me?

There are many ways to show your gratitude for those who have prayed for you. You can thank them individually, either in person or through a message or card. You can also pay it forward by offering prayers for others in need or by performing acts of kindness in their honor.

5. Is it appropriate to ask for prayers for myself?

Yes, it is absolutely appropriate to ask for prayers for yourself. It is important to take care of yourself and your own needs, and there is no shame in reaching out to others for support and prayers during difficult times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyRedHead
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
Smashie
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva