• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Ask for Host Materials Back When They Cancel the Show?

In summary, if someone backs out of a show, it is usually best to politely ask them for the materials they mailed you back. If they do not send them back, then you may ask them for them.
Yakmama
When someone backs out of a show, do you ask them to send you back the materials you mailed them?

I have a host that I called to confirm her show date. I then sent her a packet of materials- it was $4 shipping and about $4 worth of materials. She canceled her show a couple of days later with no explanation. Should I nicely ask her for the materials back?

I do but rarely receive it back. Good luck. Maybe if she lives close enough you can pick it up? I also have quite an investment in my host packets. My shipping is usually $4.95 Priority Mail plus the contents.

My former Director used to ask for them back. She used to use recyclable host packs, binders with page protectors. It was a little more obvious that there was some money in the pack (for the binder, etc.) than host packs that are in paper envelopes or folders. She also indicated in her "thanks for hosting" letter that the host would be responsible for returning it if they cancelled. If you hadn't indicated in previously that the host would have to return your materials, then asking for them now could be interpreted by some as a petty retaliation.

I also use the nicer plastic folders with page protectors. In addition, I put a sticker on the inside left flap that they are welcome to remove any materials they wish but I recycle my folders for future hosts and ask for the unused materials to be returned to me. Some hosts just don't get it or they could care less. I figure I have close to $5 in folder and supplied materials plus the $4.95 shipping.

If a host cancels I usually just ask them if they would mind sending it back so I can give it to the person that takes their date. That way I don't sound petty and if they send it back - great! I don't get them back though!

Hosts who have hosted shows give me back the leftovers. I had a host cancel for the second time and she kept each host packet even after I asked for it back! Ugh!

I would NEVER ask for the material back in the hope of having it around the host's home and remind her to rebook. When my hosts cancel, I always tell them to let me know when they are ready for a party and keep sending the monthly host special electronically. What are a few bucks of shipping and material compared to the possibility of a show? You got to spend money to make money!!!!! That's my practice anyway!

I don't ask for them back... I have them keep them as a reminder for them to reschedule their show (most of my hosts who have cancelled do reschedule) and I just send them updated host/guest specials and OOF's. The rest of the packet they keep. I use the cheap colored folders you buy at back to school time for $0.05/piece and everything else is just printed on regular paper, so no great expense to me. The only true investment is the shipping and the recruiting info I put in there, but even that is not very expensive.

I always had problems getting my host stuff back so I stopped doing it. I simply send 5 catalogs, I put one each of the upcoming host benefits flyer and one guest special flyer in each catalog and 10 order forms and invites. All disposible. Why throw out money when you only have a 50/50 chance of gettingit back? Besides, I also found out that my hosts were not going through them. It was easy to figure this out as I had tucked in a special blurb abotu a small incentive gift near the back of the binder. No one, and I mean no one in three years ever claimed the bonus product!

I have done this on occasion, and I usually send 4 or 5 catalogs 1 time I got 2 catalogs back and no folder. I do recycle my folders and I like the idea of putting that in the host letter. I have also found out that some hosts don't even open it up as well. When I call I mention for them to look inside the packet for all the info!

I know for me I need to get better at host coaching. One of the things Belinda Elsworth says to do is say to the host, "Now grab your host packet and we'll go through this together." I think we just assume because we mail it the will read it. I'm very guilty of this - because I would read it if it was sent to me:)! I've done shows before and I go through all of the info.

I need to get much better at host coaching! My goal for this fall!

1. Can I ask for host materials back after my Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you can definitely ask for host materials back after your party. As the host, you have the option to either keep the materials or return them to your consultant.

2. What materials are included in the host materials?

The host materials typically include catalogs, order forms, and any other marketing materials needed for your party. Your consultant may also provide you with some additional materials specific to your party theme or products being featured.

3. When should I ask for the host materials back?

You can ask for the host materials back at any time during or after your party. However, it is recommended to ask for them back before your consultant leaves the party so they can collect them and make sure they have everything they need for future parties.

4. Do I need to return the host materials in the same condition I received them?

Yes, it is important to return the host materials in the same condition you received them. This ensures that your consultant can use them for future parties and events.

5. Can I request additional host materials if I need them?

Yes, you can request additional host materials from your consultant if you need more for your party. They will be happy to provide you with whatever materials you need to make your party a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• augmommychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kristina16marie