• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating an Asian/Oriental Theme: Ideas & Inspiration

In summary, this is a great invitation that is inexpensive to print and send. It is a great way to get your guests excited for your show.
MamaChef
Has anyone ever done an Asian/Oriental theme? What did you do? Thanks for any help you can provide!!!

Sorry I haven't but check with your host and see what she is looking for. I'm sure we can all help with some recipes. I can picture a couple, but don't have the names. One is the Asian Wonton Cups and there asian because of the seasoning which we don't sell anymore, but they tell you what to do instead.

I haven't done one yet but here is a flyer for one. I know in the All the Best cookbook there is a recipe for (I forget what the exact name is) lettuce wraps. Its pictured in the simple additions pieces. I know I've made it before and it is pretty good. Or you could also do one of the "its hot its cold" stir fry recipes.

Attachments

• Asian Cooking Invite.doc
    77 KB · Views: 542
I've done the "Asian Lettuce Rolls" from All the Best and they're really good! Plus it's a GREAT way to show the Simple Additions pieces if you have them. I've done a couple of the stir fry recipes and my favorite is the Lemon/Greek Chicken. I guess that's not all that Asian, but it's a stir fry. I've done the Curried Chicken Lettuce Wraps in the current Season's Best and those are good too. Yum!

The Mango Salsa Sundaes may not be Asian, but they certainly look the part. Nearly everyone loves desserts!

I did a sushi party a couple of weeks ago....it was for a military wives playgroup. I used a ton of products . I made California rolls and BLT rolls. For dessert I made rice crispy treats for the kids and put gummy fish on it. For the adults I made a wonton sprinkled with cinnamon and suger inside I put green tea ice cream and raspberries. It was a hit!!!

One of the new theme shows here in Canada is Dim Sum and then some. The potstickers are fantastic!

Marg,
Tell us more about that theme show! It sounds cool! love the name. :p

There are three recipes in the Dim Sum And Then Some theme.Baked Potstickers with sweet asian dipping sauce, Chicken satay spring rolls. and I can't remember the other.
I will attach a copy of the potsticker recipe. :)

Yum! That sounds really good! Please do post the recipes when you can. That theme is too cute!! The Simple Additions can be used throughout the show I bet! :p

Don't worry....you'll all be hearing about this theme since it's one of the new Celebrations shows. I'm sure all the info will be in the new paperwork packages. All three new Celebrations shows sound great!

I'm so excited about the new Celebrations Shows, especially Dim Sum and then some! I can't wait to try them out!

Mary - just back from Wave 3~

Dim Sum and Then Some Celebrations ThemeWe will be having the pleasure of offering 3 Dim Sum & Then Some Celebration Theme shows. I have attached a copy of an invitation for those that send out their own.

Note the special comment on the bottom of the page. Any questions, email me.

Rita Wester
www.pamperedchef.biz/rwester
817-909-0288

Attachments

• Invitation - Dim Sum Then Some.doc
    50 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
rwesterpchef said:
We will be having the pleasure of offering 3 Dim Sum & Then Some Celebration Theme shows. I have attached a copy of an invitation for those that send out their own.

Note the special comment on the bottom of the page. Any questions, email me.

Rita Wester
www.pamperedchef.biz/rwester
817-909-0288
This is a great invitation but can I make an observation, hopefully without sounding like I'm criticizing?

Printing off special invitations can be expensive with special papers and ink and I know some of the newest consultants, especially, might be thinking that there are an awful lot of expenses to this business. While I do print some flyers out and include them in host packets, etc., Pampered Chef provides us with everything we need and at great prices. PC provides a great invitation already for only 75 cents for 40 and you can mail them with a postcard stamp.

What I do is use the PC invitation and for a regular show I add a sticker at the bottom saying "Bring a friend" and giving my name, phone number and web site so everyone gets my information even if they don't get to the show. For specialty shows I put a short line describing the show - "Don't miss this one - Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate" or "Learn the latest garnishing tips" or "Ole! Come join our Fiesta!" It gives them the idea that this will be special and I've had several guests call the host and ask about the theme or show up because they wanted to know what I meant by my teaser note.

PS: Don't get me wrong! There are times that I do use special invitations and I do use various flyers all the time. I just don't want the new consultants to get the idea that they MUST do these things to have a successful show ;)

Beth,
You are correct (and there are a lot of new consultants on this site). It is important to new and potential consultants to realize that it does not take a lot of money to start this business. After your business is well established, you can splurge a little in doing various special invites, special flyers, mailings, you name it. When I first started, I cut 12 catalogs apart, placed in sheet protectors, then placed in folders. These were the catalogs that I took to shows and re-used at each show. Nobody went home with a catalog unless they'd booked a show (or I was feeling generous when they asked, otherwise I referred them to my website). Now, I've changed my thought and decided I'll be out the 33 cents (soon to be 39), because with any luck, it'll sit on their coffeetable...they'll receive the product they've ordered...love it...look through the catalog wishing they'd ordered more...get mad at hubby because watching tv instead of visiting with them...so call me up to place another order (ha)!

As for invitations...I do both. When I am lazy, I prefer this method because I have it set up as a mail merge with a document I email to my host and she returns. It is a way to prepare them quickly and not have to write anything. Also note to newer consultants, if you are lazy and want to utilize other invitations, don't forget to save the receipts for these expenses for tax deductions.

I just put together the coconut shrimp cakes so i could test it out to see how it would be to make at a show, I guess since it was the first time making it, it didn't seem like it would be as easy to prepare as say the garden ranch pizza. Now if you could have your host prepare almost all of this, then hey, no problem ;) but for right now, im not looking forward to anyone wanting this shown at their parties!!

Nicole,
If you are not comfortable making this recipe, don't offer it. I've been trying to find certain recipes that I feel comfortable making and I offer those. Find your comfort level.

Debbie :D

1. How do I incorporate traditional Asian elements into my theme?

Incorporating traditional Asian elements such as bamboo, lanterns, and chopsticks can help create an authentic atmosphere. You can also use traditional Asian patterns and colors in your table linens, dishware, and decorations.

2. What type of food should I serve for an Asian/Oriental theme?

For an Asian-inspired menu, consider serving dishes like sushi, stir-fry, dumplings, and noodle dishes. You can also offer a variety of sauces and condiments for guests to customize their meals.

3. How can I create a cohesive look for my table setting?

Using a red and black color scheme is a popular choice for an Asian/Oriental theme. You can also incorporate elements like paper lanterns, bamboo placemats, and chopsticks as part of your table setting to tie everything together.

4. Are there any cultural sensitivities I should be aware of when planning this theme?

It's important to be mindful of cultural sensitivities when incorporating elements from other cultures. Avoid using religious symbols or objects that may be seen as offensive. It's always best to do some research and consult with others before including any elements that may be culturally sensitive.

5. What are some fun activities or games that fit with this theme?

You could have a chopstick race, where guests must use chopsticks to transfer small objects from one bowl to another. Another idea is to have a tea tasting, where guests can try different types of traditional Asian teas. You could also incorporate a calligraphy station where guests can try their hand at writing in traditional Asian characters.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa S
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sixty5roses
  • pampered mom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Anna Farnum