• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Asian Seasoning Substitute

T
tpchefrebecca
Does anyone know if there is a substitute for the Asian Seasoning Mix?

I just did a show with the lettuce rolls from "All the Best" and they were great! The only sad part is we cannot order the seasoning anymore :(

From our Feb 8 and July 5 edition of Weekly Bites:
(From July 5):
Several popular recipes in The Pampered Chef collection use Pantry seasoning mixes that have been discontinued. The following substitutions may be used in place of these recipe ingredients:

From the Super Salads Recipe Card Collection:
•Buffalo Chicken Salad: Substitute Cajun seasoning for the Pantry Cajun Herb Seasoning Mix.
•Chilled Seafood Salad: Substitute 1 tablespoon of Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix for the Pantry Picnic Salad Seasoning Mix.
•Dazzling Dressings, Chunky Blue Cheese: Omit Pantry Picnic Salad Seasoning Mix. Decrease milk to 1/4 cup. Increase blue cheese to 1/3 cup.
From the Season's Best Recipe Collection (Spring/Summer 2005):
•Asian-Style Wontons: Omit Pantry Asian Seasoning Mix. Add one small garlic clove, pressed, and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, to chicken mixture. Proceed as recipe directs.

(from Feb 8th):
Please note that there is an error in the Asian-Style Wontons recipe on page 7. The recipe calls for Asian Seasoning Mix, although The Pampered Chef no longer offers this Pantry item. Substitute one small garlic clove, pressed, and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce. Proceed as recipe directs. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I can only guess you could substitute for lettuce rolls also.

Great!

I will forward these tips to my guests :)

Thanks

1. What is the Asian Seasoning Mix?

The Asian Seasoning Mix is a blend of various herbs and spices commonly used in Asian cuisine. It typically includes ingredients such as garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and various other seasonings.

2. Why might someone need a substitute for the Asian Seasoning Mix?

Some people may need a substitute for the Asian Seasoning Mix if they have dietary restrictions or allergies to certain ingredients in the mix. Additionally, the mix may not be readily available in all areas.

3. Are there any common substitutes for the Asian Seasoning Mix?

Yes, there are several common substitutes for the Asian Seasoning Mix. Some options include using a combination of soy sauce, garlic powder, and ginger powder, or using a pre-made Asian seasoning blend from a different brand.

4. Can I make my own Asian Seasoning Mix at home?

Yes, you can make your own Asian Seasoning Mix at home by combining various herbs and spices. However, the exact combination may vary depending on personal taste and the specific recipe you are using.

5. Where can I find the recipe for the Asian Seasoning Mix substitute?

You can find many recipes for homemade Asian Seasoning Mix substitutes online. Some popular resources include cooking websites, food blogs, and online recipe databases. Alternatively, you can also experiment with your own blend of herbs and spices to create a personalized substitute.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedK
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • foodygirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
  • ChefJeniLobdell