• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Creative Asian Garnishing Ideas for Your Next Gathering

In summary, some easy garnishing ideas for Asian dishes include using sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, and cilantro. To make your garnishes look more visually appealing, try using a vegetable peeler or knife to create intricate shapes. There are also traditional Asian garnishes, such as pickled ginger and vegetables, and you can even use fruit as a garnish. For vegetarian and vegan options, you can use marinated tofu, avocado, or fresh herbs.
kitchenqueen
Does anyone have any asian garnishing ideas?? I am making an Oriental Salad with Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing (not a PC recipe). It's for a gathering I am going to tomorrow (they are having an asian theme lunch) and there may be some potential hosts. Any advice would be great!

"garnishes" as in...??Decorative food ideas/food sculpting

or

flavors and dipping sauces

Do you haveThe Julienne peeler? Julienned cucumbers and carrots would look pretty and be authentic. Also julienned daikon radish if your store has it. :)

Good Luck!

Thank you!Garnish as in decortive food ideas.

I like the julienned carrots and cucumbers. I can't believe I didn't even think of that :rolleyes: Good way to add some color! I was thinking of putting lettuce leaves inside the bowl before the salad and have the lettuce leaves kind of overlapping the edge of the bowl too.

Thanks for the ideas! :)

Hi there! As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I have some great ideas for asian garnishing that will take your Oriental Salad to the next level! Here are a few suggestions:
1. Toasted sesame seeds: Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top of the salad for a nutty and flavorful crunch.
2. Sliced green onions: Thinly slice some green onions and scatter them on top of the salad for a pop of color and onion flavor.
3. Shredded carrots: Use a julienne peeler to shred some carrots and mix them into the salad for added texture and sweetness.
4. Wonton strips: Crispy wonton strips are a classic asian garnish that will add crunch and flavor to your salad.
5. Sliced almonds: Toasted sliced almonds are another great option for a nutty element in your salad.
I hope these ideas help and impress your potential hosts at the gathering tomorrow! Best of luck!

1. What are some easy garnishing ideas for Asian dishes?

Some easy garnishing ideas for Asian dishes include using sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, and cilantro. You can also add a sprinkle of furikake seasoning or a drizzle of sriracha sauce for extra flavor.

2. How can I make my garnishes look more visually appealing?

To make your garnishes look more visually appealing, try using a vegetable peeler to create thin, delicate strips of carrots or cucumbers to add to your dish. You can also use a knife to create intricate shapes out of vegetables, such as carrot flowers or radish roses.

3. Are there any traditional Asian garnishes I should know about?

Yes, there are a few traditional Asian garnishes that are commonly used. These include pickled ginger, pickled vegetables (such as daikon or cucumbers), and thinly sliced nori seaweed. These can add a unique flavor and texture to your dish.

4. Can I use fruit as a garnish for Asian dishes?

Yes, you can definitely use fruit as a garnish for Asian dishes. Some popular options include sliced mango, pineapple, or lychee. These can add a touch of sweetness and freshness to your dish.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for Asian garnishes?

Yes, there are many vegetarian and vegan options for Asian garnishes. Some options include marinated tofu, sliced avocado, or toasted coconut flakes. You can also use fresh herbs, such as Thai basil or mint, for a pop of color and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • foodygirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes