• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Skepticism Vanished: Delicious Asian-Inspired Chicken Dish!

we know, because we eat a lot of salt free foods, you are going to have to compensate with other flavors. Here are some ideas to use up the sodium: One teaspoon of garlic powder or minced garlic is a good substitute for one tablespoon of salt. You could also use 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder instead of a full tablespoon. Of course, you could use a pinch of onion powder instead. The 4 teaspoons of soy sauce is a little high, so I
jrstephens
I made these tonight. I used can chicken instead of pork. They were great! I was a little worried b/c I do not like Asain/Oriental food and was very skeptical with the smells of the spices. My husband was worried to try them b/c of the way I was looking.

We both loved them! He said he owed PC an apology for doubting them! The only cook he does not doubt their recipes is Paula Deen!! HA!

I took the left overs to my neighbors for them to try and she called telling me how much they loved them. They are my guinie (splg?) pigs alot!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I loved them!!!

I made it for dinner tonight too. Only used about 1 lb of the pork. My eight year old son couldn't get enough of it! Like Jennifer, I don't really care for oriental foods either, but my son and DH do. They both loved it and I thought it wasn't too bad either. Now I need to go and serve up the ice cream sandwich torte I made for dessert! (also an experiment!)

I LOVE this recipe! It is my FAVORITE of all time PC "main dish" recipe!

I haven't tried it yet I think maybe this weekend, looks real easy and very yummy!!:)

The torte was AWESOME too! Got 2 thumbs up from DS!!

Too funny, I made this as well tonight w/ left over tri tip from the other night worked perfectly and it was done in less than 20 mins.Me the adder, I also added fresh sugar snap peas, cabbage and juliened squash from my garden. It was so good, I will probably be making this a lot at my shows. Gotta sell that cookware!!!:D

I did it in my 12" Exec. family skillet. And I don't have the lid, just used an old lid that I have. Will have to dress up my equipment to do it at a show! (or redeem my 500 Pan-rama points for the lid.) OR--buy it and get MORE points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had bought some water chestnuts to add and then when were eating remembered that I forgot to put them in! Oh well--next time!

I don't have the lid and never covered mine at all. I am sure it took a few more mminutes to cook but they won't know what we don't tell them. HA! And at a show I will add the bell pepper and carrots to the pan and then prepare the other and that should help it not make a difference.

Good ideas!

I've made this twice already, both times with chicken. The second time I added water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and grilled fresh pineapple to it. YUM!It got the highest compliment DH gives: You can make this again.

Ann that's funny!!:D
It got the highest compliment DH gives: You can make this again.
My DH's compliment is: it will build a terd! :D

I made it last night, too--and DH loved it as well. I made it with chicken breast strips and regular sesame oil. I did add sesame seeds to the chicken in the bowl. Yummy!I only have the Professional 12" skillet with the lid--I'm afraid to demo it in that since I've had it for 4 years and it's not show-worthy to me. (Not that it's in terrible shape--it just doesn't compare to the Exec).

Cath, tell them that you know that this pan is not up to par, but You are currently trying to earn the new one. Or talk about how you can change the pan in w/ the lifetime warrenty.I would still use it, but add something along those lines in.

Thanks, Amanda! Definitely for a September show! Love me some Pan-o-Rama points!

I've posted this before, but you can even use browned hamburger in this recipe. I've been making a ramen dish similar to this for years with hamburger and it was my girls favorite dish when they were little!

I made this exactly per the recipe (my DH loves pork loin) and we loved it. The only thing I didn't like was the amount of sodium in the dish - not really great for those trying to keep their sodium intake low. Anyone have any ideas on how to do that? I tried to find the ramen noodles with lower sodium, but the only kinds they had were the teryaki and chicken flavored ones.

My recruit had the test kitchen workshop at conference, and they said you could double the Asian seasoning mix and add 1 teaspoon of salt. That's still a lot, but better than what's in the ramen seasoning. :) Have you tried making it with a salt substitute?The salt really does bring out the other flavors, so if you eliminate a lot of it, I'd add a clove of garlic and a little fresh gingerroot to it. (Of course, that may be good in it anyway.)

Thanks, Ann - I think I'll try adding more Asian seasoning and a little bit of salt substitute (or maybe sea salt/kosher salt? I love that stuff!) and see how it is. I like the idea of the garlic and gingerroot - I love both of them anyway! I was SO thirsty after I ate it, so I know there was way too much salt in it!! That can't be good for anyone!! ;)

Made these last nightAnd they were a huge hit with my family (DH, DS, my parents and I) I did leave out 2 of the Ramon noodles seasonings since they are just loaded with Salt - but did add in 2 tablespoons of the Asian seasoning instead. It was great! Everyone said they would "like to see it again".

It's a great recipe and makes a lot. I would love to do this for a show.

I'm making this for my extended cluster's Fall kick-off tomorrow evening. Because it's the kick-off, I'm going to make it according to the recipe, so people can see what it's supposed to taste like. :) Well... I'll add an extra carrot.

I made this over the weekend with chicken and it was great, but salty. I would rather put the seasoning in with the noodles, than to the stir fry at the beginning. To me, it coated the chicken with too much of the seasoning and made it extra salty. I'd probably just sub in the asian seasoning into the chicken and save the packets for another use (using just 2 of the 4 at the end in with the noodles).

I used bean sprouts too... yummmmm.

It was SO good!!! I'm making it for dinner tonight for my family!!!:D

does anyone have this recipe?

I'm on my way to the store to buy the ingredients. I can't wait to try it!!!

abrahamlaur said:
does anyone have this recipe?
It's on CC with the theme show info, and in the SBRC.

The Pampered Chef ®
Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet
Recipe

2 medium carrots, peeled
1 medium red bell pepper
5-6 green onions with tops (about 1 1/4 cups sliced), divided
2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons Asian Seasoning Mix
4 packages (3 ounces each) oriental-flavor ramen noodles
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 cups water

Cut carrots into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Cut bell pepper lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips using Chef's Knife. Slice green onions; set aside tops for garnish.

Using Boning Knife, trim fat and silver skin from pork tenderloins. Slice pork lengthwise into four strips. Thinly slice strips crosswise. Combine pork, sesame oil, seasoning mix and two of the ramen seasoning packets in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well with Classic Scraper.

Add vegetable oil to (12-in.) Skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add half of the pork. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until browned; remove pork from Skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.

Add carrots and bell pepper to Skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add water and remaining ramen seasoning packets; stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of Skillet using Bamboo Spatula. Add ramen noodles and white parts of green onions to Skillet. Cover; bring to a boil and cook 4-5 minutes or until noodles are softened. Add pork; stir to break apart noodles. Remove Skillet from heat; let stand, covered, 3-4 minutes or until pork is heated through. Garnish with reserved green onion tops.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 530, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 38 g, Sodium 1280 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips, can be substituted for the pork tenderloin.

Thanks ann .. i was going to make it tonight but i dont think i can .. i got chicken ramen noodles and i dont have the asian seasons or the sesame oil! basically i just got the hcicken right! LOL

I made it with the creamy chicken flavor ramen one time. It was good, but not as fabulous as with the Asian noodles. And you really need the Asian seasoning - it adds more of the flavor without as much salt as the ramen seasoning.

I would recommend using at least 3 carrots in it, too. There's not quite enough vegetation in it as-is.

You can find the sesame oil at many grocery stores - sometimes with the Asian foods, sometimes with the other specialty oils. Some folks here have posted that they've found it at WallyWorld. (Wal-Mart)

I did make this at home and everyone liked it. I added water chestnuts and frozen peas to get more veggies in. For those of us that don't have the boning knife, how would you suggest removing the silvery skin at shows? I am thinking I would use my kitchen shears or the utility knife, and also have the pork already prepped before guests arrive. How will everyone else do this?

I'd solve that problem by using chicken. :D

Does every pork roast have the silver skin on it or could it already be removed before packaging? I didn't see "silver" skin on mine...it just looked like some fat....

rebeccastt said:
Does every pork roast have the silver skin on it or could it already be removed before packaging? I didn't see "silver" skin on mine...it just looked like some fat....

They do not all have it. Mine that I always buy do not have it.

I made it last ngiht with chicken, and 2 pkg of chicken flavor noodles and 2 pk of Spicy Chicken noodles!! Turned out great!!

rebeccastt said:
It's Pork Tenderloin that has the silver skin. I used the forged utility or chef knife to remove the skin prior to having the boning knife and it worked great. Other knives work too but our forged knives make it feel like we're slicing through butter.

My pork tenderloins here do not have the sliver on them either. I even asked someone that bought them in my area and they said their's did not either. I guess the meat department goes ahead and cuts it off.

jrstephens said:
My pork tenderloins here do not have the sliver on them either. I even asked someone that bought them in my area and they said their's did not either. I guess the meat department goes ahead and cuts it off.
I haven't had to worry about that either. So much easier.

Ok here is my quesiton on this recipe my sister an active consultant in KS bought the sesame and toasted sesame oil and they are both the same ingredients and taste (she replied this to me) the only difference in her opinion was the toasted cost double the price. She tried this with both oils and didn't taste any diffent to her. Anyone else try this with sesame oil and not toasted? Just curious.

Thanks!
jrstephens said:
I made these tonight. I used can chicken instead of pork. They were great! I was a little worried b/c I do not like Asain/Oriental food and was very skeptical with the smells of the spices. My husband was worried to try them b/c of the way I was looking.

We both loved them! He said he owed PC an apology for doubting them! The only cook he does not doubt their recipes is Paula Deen!! HA!

I took the left overs to my neighbors for them to try and she called telling me how much they loved them. They are my guinie (splg?) pigs alot!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I loved them!!!
Always good to know! Thanks for posting!:D

I tried this the other night and subbed green beans for the bell pepper (not a pepper fan). Worked out great! May have to make it again soon - hubby complained about not enough leftovers.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
Ok here is my quesiton on this recipe my sister an active consultant in KS bought the sesame and toasted sesame oil and they are both the same ingredients and taste (she replied this to me) the only difference in her opinion was the toasted cost double the price. She tried this with both oils and didn't taste any diffent to her. Anyone else try this with sesame oil and not toasted? Just curious.

I made mine this weekend with the pork tenderloin (my grocery store removes the silver too) and yes, I used the regular oriental sesame oil (not toasted.....I couldn't find toasted), and it was DELICIOUS. It is one of my favorite recipes. Next time I am going to add more veggies, like some oriental celery or something crunchy. It was very good though, just the way it is.

My whole family loved it, even the picky 4 year old!!

Thank you Smashie I will diffently remember that when i now run out of the toasted one. I agree with adding more veggies to this it is so versitle. Thanks for your reply.

hmm, I think I want to try it with chicken, add the chestnuts, snow peas, sprouts and brocolli! NOW that sounds alllllrightttt!

I used the 12" Executive Skillet for this recipe. I found that the tenderloin didn't brown very well. Anyone else have this same problem?

I used the 12" Professional, and it browns, but not a lot. It will definitely brown more (and develop more fond) in the SS skillet.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
Thank you Smashie I will diffently remember that when i now run out of the toasted one. I agree with adding more veggies to this it is so versitle. Thanks for your reply.

No problem!!! ;)

chefann said:
I used the 12" Professional, and it browns, but not a lot. It will definitely brown more (and develop more fond) in the SS skillet.

I don't have a PC skillet yet, I used my Sams club 12" skillet with lid, and it browned really nice. I know I can't use it at shows though so I will have to earn a PC one.

Did anyone else notice that earning points for the Executive 12" skillet AND lid takes MORE points than the SS ??? I wonder if they made a mistake at HO.

I used the Executive skillet, and it browned nicely for me. Maybe you didn't have the pan hot enough before you added the meat? And a question for y'all... if someone wants to make this but doesn't have the Asian seasoning, what would you recommend they use to replace it? (I know, I know, have them buy the Asian seasoning mix.) But really, what can we use? Ginger and garlic and red pepper flakes?

Smashie said:
I don't have a PC skillet yet, I used my Sams club 12" skillet with lid, and it browned really nice. I know I can't use it at shows though so I will have to earn a PC one.

Did anyone else notice that earning points for the Executive 12" skillet AND lid takes MORE points than the SS ??? I wonder if they made a mistake at HO.
I believe someone addressed this in another thread. It is probably because they want us to get this pan in our hands!

kkimpinski said:
I used the 12" Executive Skillet for this recipe. I found that the tenderloin didn't brown very well. Anyone else have this same problem?
Make sure it's on medium HIGH (I put mine probably closer to high) and do NOT crowd the meat at all. If it's crowded in the pan, it will "steam" and not brown. I know the SS will brown it better, but it browned up nicely for me in my professional family size pan!

chefmelody said:
And a question for y'all... if someone wants to make this but doesn't have the Asian seasoning, what would you recommend they use to replace it? (I know, I know, have them buy the Asian seasoning mix.) But really, what can we use? Ginger and garlic and red pepper flakes?
Someone asked this in another thread, and I think it was suggested to use ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sesame seeds.

1. Can I use canned chicken instead of pork in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely use canned chicken instead of pork in this recipe. The flavors will still be delicious and it will be just as easy to make.

2. I don't typically like Asian/Oriental food, will I still enjoy this dish?

Many people who are skeptical about Asian/Oriental food end up loving this dish. The spices and flavors are well-balanced and not too overpowering, making it a great option for those who may not typically enjoy this type of cuisine.

3. My husband was hesitant to try this dish because of my reaction, will he like it?

Even the most skeptical eaters have been won over by this delicious Asian-inspired chicken dish. Your husband may even end up apologizing for doubting it!

4. Can I use a different protein instead of chicken or pork?

While the original recipe calls for chicken or pork, you can definitely experiment with other proteins such as tofu or shrimp. Just make sure to adjust cooking times accordingly.

5. I'm always nervous to try new recipes, should I give this one a chance?

Absolutely! This dish has been a hit with both skeptics and lovers of Asian cuisine. Plus, it's always fun to try new things and expand your palate. Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it is!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies