• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

AS SEEN ON TV Products: Reviews and Experiences

In summary, the conversation revolved around personal experiences with "AS SEEN ON TV" products. Some individuals had positive experiences, such as with the Magic Bullet and Little Giant ladder, while others were skeptical about the quality of the products. The Ped Egg received positive reviews from Consumer Reports, but some were still hesitant to try it. There was also a discussion about using alternative products, such as using a Microplane grater for foot care. Overall, the conversation highlighted the mixed opinions and experiences with these types of products.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
I was wondering if anyone has bought any of those "AS SEEN ON TV" products and LOVED IT or you bought one and wished you didn't waste your money.

Curious to hear your experiences.
:D

DH loves his Magic Bullet. We got one when it first came out, and he says it's the only thing he's really bought off the TV, and thinks it's just fantastic. If you come over, he'll make you a margarita with it :)

I also bought him a Litte Giant ladder for Christmas a few years back. My dad's had one for as long as I remember. He got it from a home show, and it's just so versatile.

Consumer Reports liked the Ped Egg. I saw one at CVS and will go back to get it. They reviewed a couple of other things like the Snuggie and didn't like them.

Becca_in_MD said:
Consumer Reports liked the Ped Egg. I saw one at CVS and will go back to get it. They reviewed a couple of other things like the Snuggie and didn't like them.

I'm surprised the Ped Egg is doing well--I might just have to buy one now. I thought there was no way it would work well.

Becca_in_MD said:

You know... the "files" on the ped egg are pretty much the same thing as the Adjustable Microplane Grater...

NooraK said:
You know... the "files" on the ped egg are pretty much the same thing as the Adjustable Microplane Grater...

Eeewwwww.....:yuck:

I love my pedi egg thing. It works really well

We have the magic bullet too and love it

ChefBeckyD said:
Eeewwwww.....:yuck:

It's funny, I did a Google search once, and someone somwhere had actually contemplated getting two, and labeling one "KITCHEN" and using it for her small grating needs: zesting, grating ginger, nutmeg and the like. I mean, it's kind of convenient for all the shavings to be caught in the container...

NooraK said:

I know, I know. And as much as I love my Microplane and have 2 of them and as much as I hate all of the dry skin on my feet, there's no way I'm using a Microplane on my feet.

To echo the sentiment... EEWWW!

Like a fool I bought the Crap Chop. When bitching about it to strangers (my habit) I was introduced to PC's Food Chopper - I was so impressed, I became a consultant.

NooraK said:
DH loves his Magic Bullet. We got one when it first came out, and he says it's the only thing he's really bought off the TV, and thinks it's just fantastic. If you come over, he'll make you a margarita with it :)

I also bought him a Litte Giant ladder for Christmas a few years back. My dad's had one for as long as I remember. He got it from a home show, and it's just so versatile.

Yes, we have the Little Giant Ladder, too. It is VERY nice. I am terrified of heights, and hate getting on ladders, but this one is SO sturdy, I don't mind. The only problem is that since it is so sturdy, it is very heavy. I have to have DH get it and set it up and move it for me. We will be replacing a ceiling fan this weekend - and for the first time, I won't feel the need to hold the ladder while DH is on it.

OH - and I SO wanted the Magic Bullet - but wasn't sure about quality. I finally broke down and bought the Cook's Essentials (QVC) version and we love it. Can't beat a personal blender. I can't vouch for the actual Magic Bullet brand...but I really do use the one I have. It does not take much room on the counter so it is convenient.

kam said:
Yes, we have the Little Giant Ladder, too. It is VERY nice. I am terrified of heights, and hate getting on ladders, but this one is SO sturdy, I don't mind. The only problem is that since it is so sturdy, it is very heavy. I have to have DH get it and set it up and move it for me. We will be replacing a ceiling fan this weekend - and for the first time, I won't feel the need to hold the ladder while DH is on it.

OH - and I SO wanted the Magic Bullet - but wasn't sure about quality. I finally broke down and bought the Cook's Essentials (QVC) version and we love it. Can't beat a personal blender. I can't vouch for the actual Magic Bullet brand...but I really do use the one I have. It does not take much room on the counter so it is convenient.

The Magic Bullet - I've been wanting to do green smoothies, but my blender won't blend the greens smooth enough. I've been told I need a Blend-Tec blender or something like it, but just cannot spend $350-$400 for a blender. I've been curious as to whether the Magic Bullet would work. I can get one at Costco for a really good price...

I have the Hair Bumpits. I use them almost every day! LOL

ChefBeckyD said:
I can get one at Costco for a really good price...

The best thing about getting it at Costco is that you can return it if it doesn't work for you.

Becca_in_MD said:
I know, I know. And as much as I love my Microplane and have 2 of them and as much as I hate all of the dry skin on my feet, there's no way I'm using a Microplane on my feet.

To echo the sentiment... EEWWW!

The first time I ever heard of "Microplane" was to buy a "foot file" that they sell for $18.00+. I've had it for years and I LOVE IT!

I couldn't live without the "Perfect Fit Button" -- - I use them several times a week because pant waists are often too loose for me so I can make them snugger now!

ChefBeckyD said:
The Magic Bullet - I've been wanting to do green smoothies, but my blender won't blend the greens smooth enough. I've been told I need a Blend-Tec blender or something like it, but just cannot spend $350-$400 for a blender. I've been curious as to whether the Magic Bullet would work. I can get one at Costco for a really good price...

I have done a LOT of green smoothies and the bullet does not do that great of a job...unless you like gritty smoothies. I got my Blendtec off Craigslist for $200 and it was basically brand spankin' new (along w/ a second caraf). I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE my Blendtec.

My mom started doing green smoothies as well. I tried talking her into the Blendtec. She used the bullet for a while and hated it. She bought a VitaMix and returned it to Costco 1 week later (didn't like it either....told her she wouldn't care for it over the Bledtec :rolleyes:). She then got the Blendtec at Costco during a road show. She...like me.....:love:'s it.

dannyzmom said:
I couldn't live without the "Perfect Fit Button" -- - I use them several times a week because pant waists are often too loose for me so I can make them snugger now!

I think you are my new best friend! Since losing weight I haven't wanted to buy a lot of new clothes so I resort to wearing a belt a lot which I hate. I'm going to order some of these right now!

wadesgirl said:
I think you are my new best friend! Since losing weight I haven't wanted to buy a lot of new clothes so I resort to wearing a belt a lot which I hate. I'm going to order some of these right now!

They carry them in Staples - that's where I found them :)

I bought that bra thing at Target in the "As seen on Tv" section. I wasn't impressed, but if your ta-tas are about a handful or slightly more I can see how it can help. Not good for full figured women. We LOVE the Magic Bullet!! We got one at Costco then got a second for FREE from my brother-in-law who didn't use his. I'm not a fan of the Snuggie - the material is not cozy.

Bought the Dr. Scholls version of the Ped Egg. Love it.

Hey, we used to tell people that the Baker's roller makes a good back massager and the small end great for feet!! Just make sure you run it through the sanitizer cycle of the dishwasher before rolling out your pie dough!

Dave...can't believe you fell for the Slap Crap. That guy looks like a jail house reject! What's up with his eyes?!?! Guess a hooker punched him out when he got rough with her a few years back. The guy give me the creeps. Did you fall for the way he describes how it chops nuts? Don't answer that...please!!:D I have a few "tv ad" things myself so just busting on you!

I got a snuggie for christmas, I loved it so much right away, in the winter I even took it into the bed with me---soooooo soft, I was like a little kid with her blankie...and I had always laughed at the commercials.

Marghi

Both the Ronco Rotisserie (there is no better roast chicken!) and about 10 years ago the FlowBee haircutting system (we're now on our 3rd one). I have never had a bad haircut since I bought it.

The Brownie Pan! I know it's not stoneware, but it makes such gosh darn cute perfect little squares of brownies!

scottcooks said:
Both the Ronco Rotisserie (there is no better roast chicken!) and about 10 years ago the FlowBee haircutting system (we're now on our 3rd one). I have never had a bad haircut since I bought it.

OMG! I forgot about the Ronco Rotisserie. Just set it and forget it!

We LOVE ours. DH wanted it so it is HIS toy. I am proud to say I have never had to make a turkey in the oven since we have the Rotisserie. DH handles the WHOLE turkey/chicken prep & cook!

Liquid Sky said:
I have done a LOT of green smoothies and the bullet does not do that great of a job...unless you like gritty smoothies. I got my Blendtec off Craigslist for $200 and it was basically brand spankin' new (along w/ a second caraf). I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE my Blendtec.

My mom started doing green smoothies as well. I tried talking her into the Blendtec. She used the bullet for a while and hated it. She bought a VitaMix and returned it to Costco 1 week later (didn't like it either....told her she wouldn't care for it over the Bledtec :rolleyes:). She then got the Blendtec at Costco during a road show. She...like me.....:love:'s it.

*Sigh* That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping the Bullet would be enough. At the Costco by me, they do both VitaMix & BlendTec Road shows...but for their own demos, they use BlendTec. That spoke volumes to me. The Health Food Store I frequent also prefers the BlendTec for Green Smoothies. (they used to sell VitaMix, and switched to BlendTec)

dannyzmom said:
. . . pant waists are often too loose for me so I can make them snugger now!

And yet, I love you. :love: Just goes to show what an amazing woman you are, because usually something like this would be enough for me to dislike someone. :p

PampChefJoy said:
The Brownie Pan! I know it's not stoneware, but it makes such gosh darn cute perfect little squares of brownies!

Me, too! They really are perfect brownies! I also like the plastic thing that holds your bra straps up...

Love this thread! I have the "Strap Perfect" things for your bra straps -- LOVE THEM! No more pulling up my bra straps and the girls are where they should be now...

The Bottle Toppers work well and keep my soda fresh for days, a little hard to get off the top of the can, but I would rather have that then have it be loose!

Also got the nail trimmer thing for the dog -- I hate it, he hates it -- bad purchase.

My latest purchase was for an infomercial -- the Brazilian Butt Lift. I will let you know how it goes as soon as I can walk again ~~ YIKES, literally kicks your behind!

That bra strap thing would break in 5 minutes with my ta tas!

Roomie and I were intrigued by the "no no" for hair removal. All these soap stars were sitting around a circle talking about how much they loved it. And never did they mention the price. So I got on line and said guess how much?

Roomie: $50
Me: No no
Roomie: &75
Me: No no
Roomie $100
Me No, no, no!

It's $279!

Funny, we haven't heard much from the Nads girl or the Epilady lady lately ....

I was wondering if anyone bought those RONCO knives. I think he offered a lifetime guarantee but I bet it is hard to get them to follow through.

Love all your responses so far.

Last edited:
I have a Ped Egg and use it often...it gets me through when I don't have the extra $ to get a pedi...

bridedream said:
Me, too! They really are perfect brownies! I also like the plastic thing that holds your bra straps up...

My 6 yr old saw The Perfect Brownie thing on TV a few months ago and claimed "MOM! You need to get this so you can MAKE perfect brownies cuz you don't know how to bake!"

Ah, kids, gotta love em. So funny that she thought this amazing product would turn me into the Perfect Brownie Maker! :) She was kinda dismayed when I told her that they only "looked" perfect...

My sister in law loves the showtime rotisserie. She has used up 3 in the past 12 or so years, but doesn't feel it's a quality issue, she and her family use it almost every day, sometimes twice. I didn't feel it was my kind of cooking, gave her ours.I bought the NuWave oven, and I really like that--but buy it on the phone, the website is full of got-chas. I woulnd' even give them my email address...They did work with me to resolve the problems created in the order process.And I use the brownie pan with the squares to mold my holiday fudge.Marghi

scottcooks said:

Remember the Ronco spray they were selling to help men hide that ever growning bald spot on the crown of the head? I swear it was spray paint to match any hair color!!!:eek:

chefsteph07 said:
My 6 yr old saw The Perfect Brownie thing on TV a few months ago and claimed "MOM! You need to get this so you can MAKE perfect brownies cuz you don't know how to bake!"

Ah, kids, gotta love em. So funny that she thought this amazing product would turn me into the Perfect Brownie Maker! :) She was kinda dismayed when I told her that they only "looked" perfect...

Too funny! Good come back with "they only look perfect"!!! Love it!

raebates said:
And yet, I love you. :love: Just goes to show what an amazing woman you are, because usually something like this would be enough for me to dislike someone. :p

Haha, Rae. I was thinking the same thing!

I bought something at a Home Show, but I thinks it's an "as seen on tv." It's like a lint brush, but instead of sticky paper, it's a sticky pink roller, which you wash in warm water when it's too full of hair to be sticky anymore. Let it air dry for about 20 seconds, and it's ready to use again. I got a 'bundle' pack with three sizes - one for my purse (which I use A LOT - two cats, one kitten, one Jack Russell mix, and one ferret). One just the right size for furniture, and with a slightly bigger roller and adjustable handle to get up in the corners for cobwebs - and is positioned on the roller so you can clean both sides of a ceiling fan blade at the same time.

This thread really cracks me up. Don't think I have ever bought anything off of the TV, but I did buy some knives at a road show thing at SAM's Club about 4 years ago. We had just gotten married and DH complained about the crappy knives I had. They are called Forever Sharp. I paid about $40 and got 3 BIG serrated knives with a meat poker at the end, one large fillet knife, and 3 small paring knives. They don't compare to the FC, but they are really nice and are still really sharp. They are stainless steel and are solid piece construction. They don't have the weight of the FC, but we do like them a lot.

I bought a Ginsu Knife about 17 years ago from a road show at the fair. We still have it and it still cuts things like they're butter!

pampchefsarah said:
Haha, Rae. I was thinking the same thing!

Me, too!!!

Got my Ped Egg at CVS. Tried it briefly and like it so far. Gotta give it a good workout on my tired old feet. Haven't gotten a professional pedi in 2 years. Really get them to get the dead skin off my feet.

OMG The Flow Bee. My brother-in-law has had one for years. Cuts his own thick, curly hair with it. I couldn't believe it when I saw him using it years ago, attached to the vacuum cleaner and all.

Got my Costco coupon book for June-July and it had a coupon for a big Magic Bullet package, in case anyone is a member and looking to get that item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kmz4480
  • keynibear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies