• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

As a new consultant you wish you had been trained on ???

Jennie4PC

Legacy Member
May 24, 2005
I have a new consultant who is coming to my house tomorrow for some training. She is driving 2 hrs so I really want to make this worth her time. She wants some hands on traing, I will definitly go over PP with her, but any other suggestions would be great.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Some things that I wanted to know more about when I was new:

P3
How to organize everything
Host coaching
What to put in a host packet

I'd ask her if she has anything specific in mind already that she is hoping to learn.

I know there is online training for all that stuff, but I wanted to know really if people did and said things like they put on that training.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Host Coaching. Three years later, I'm still trying to figure it out...

If I were you, I would start out by asking her what she's already done (online training, read P&P, played with her tools etc). Ask her for any questions she has. Then ask her what her expectation is of how her shows will go and what she will have to do. Then fill in the blanks.

My HD and one of her directors do two new consultant trainings, which they rotate between them. In the first one, they cover the absolute basics like receipts and demo and such, and in the second one, they cover organziation and host coaching and a few other things that'll make more sense when you have a show or two under your belt.

Paula R. Lewis

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2005
I wish I'd had help with organizing things for tax time, like receipts, mileage, etc. Definitely teach her how to use contact management for each show as she goes, so it will be easy for her at tax time to print it out on a simple report!!

Also, I had no interest at all in recruiting when I first started, but I really wish my director had beat it into my head that I needed to talk about it at my shows from the beginning, as it's much harder to add it in later on, when you do want to!!

cookingwithlove

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 28, 2004
Use the "Guide to Supporting New Consultants". It is a great tool for training. For Host Coaching, follow the steps in our business binder. Use the 3 call system. Make sure she does the online training. Another great resource for all consultants. Don't reinvent the wheel. Use the tools the company provides for us.

Jennie4PC

Legacy Member
May 24, 2005
thanks everyone for your input. Do the new consultants get the binder with your guide to a successful business or does it all come on the cd now?

MHPampered

Oct 24, 2009
Make sure she knows that all monthly incentives have to be held and submitted in the same month to earn the incentive. my first month I thought I was getting a bunch of stuff and called HO and they explained to me why I wasn't I was so upset and embarrassed. I know it states it on all the info but newbies won't quite understand at first.

Jul 19, 2009
First, tell her about this forum. It helped me tremendoulsy, Worth the small investment. It is nice to give a show outline, she can develop her own style after that. And tell her not to try to say it ALL. In my 1st shows, I lost a lot of people by talking too much.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Basic cooking etiquette/safety....not so much that I needed to know it myself- I think I do pretty good, but I am pretty sure there are going to be a lot of consultant's who could use this training! I would think if PC is having us out there representing them, you'd think they'd want to make sure their "Chef's" knew basic cooking rules (ie.- cross contamination, pulling your hair back, cutting boards for meat, etc...)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
WestCoastPC
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views