• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Arrest Made in the Murder of Paige Birgfeld

In summary, the Mesa County Sheriff's Department has arrested Lester Ralph Jones, the only suspect in the murder of Paige Birgfeld. Birgfeld, a mother of three and a director with The Pampered Chef, disappeared in 2007 and her body was found in 2012. Jones faces murder, arson, and kidnapping charges and authorities believe they have sufficient evidence to prove his guilt. The case has been a long journey for Birgfeld's family, but they are hopeful for justice.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
The Mesa County Sheriff's Department on Friday, November 21, 2014 arrested a suspect in the murder of our fellow Cheffer, Paige Birgfeld. According to multiple sources, the Sheriff's Department arrested Lester Ralph Jones, the only suspect in the case.Paige, a 34-year-old mother of three and a director with The Pampered Chef, disappeared from Grand Junction in 2007. Two days after her disappearance, fire fighters found her car fully engulfed in a parking lot. When human remains were found in 2012 by a hiker in the Wells Gulch area of Mesa County, investigators used dental records to identify Birgfeld’s body.Since the beginning, Jones was the only suspect in the case. In addition to first- and second-degree murder charges, he faces arson and kidnapping counts. Mesa County Sheriff-elect Matt Lewis said there is a "circumstantial basis" to the case but he believes authorities have sufficient evidence showing Jones is Birgfeld's killer.Our old friends at the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel said, "‘Long journey’ ends with discovery of Paige Birgfeld’s body" but you have to be a registered user to read their material nowadays.Reports:
CBS News in Denver: Suspect Arrested In Death Of Paige Birgfeld.
Denver Post : Paige Birgfeld case: Man arrested in 2007 kidnapping, slaying.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the update. I can't beleive it's been that long since she disappeared.

Thank God! Pray that he just confesses so this family can have a little more peace. Still can't believe this all happened. Hope her parents are ok and that her children are well taken care of.THANK YOU so much for the update and following this K.G.

I missed this until just now (not on here much). What great news. Hope all is settled quickly. Thanks K.G.

So good to hear news on this! What a long journey her family has had to endure to get to this point. Sad that her life was taken and in such a horrible manner. I agree with Jeanine, I hope this gets settled quickly. Her family deserves some peace. Thanks K.G.

You can follow the new developments (such as they are) in the daily updates sub-forum.

I can't believe I missed this. I've been praying for justice. I've also been hoping that there was more going on behind the scenes than we, the public, were aware of. Thanks for staying on top of this.

1. Who was Paige Birgfeld?

Paige Birgfeld was a 34-year-old mother of three who went missing in 2007 in Grand Junction, Colorado. She was also known as a successful businesswoman who sold kitchen products for Pampered Chef.

2. How was Paige Birgfeld murdered?

Paige Birgfeld's remains were found in 2012 in a remote area near Grand Junction, Colorado. An autopsy revealed that she had been strangled to death.

3. Who was arrested for the murder of Paige Birgfeld?

In 2014, Lester Jones, a 65-year-old Grand Junction resident, was arrested and charged with the murder of Paige Birgfeld. Jones was a client of Birgfeld's and had an extensive criminal history.

4. What led to the arrest of Lester Jones?

After years of investigation and gathering evidence, authorities were able to link Jones to the murder through cell phone records, financial records, and witness statements. Jones' DNA was also found on some of the items recovered from the crime scene.

5. What is the current status of the case?

In 2016, Lester Jones was convicted of first-degree murder and kidnapping in the death of Paige Birgfeld. He was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. The case is now considered closed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy