• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Argh - UPampered Chefoming Event

In summary, the person is upset because they paid for an event and one of the other gals said they couldn't do it but never responded, so the other gal and they met last night and discussed the event and the one was pretty mad at the person for having the meeting without her and backed out. The person is fine with doing the event just them and the other gal but they have made them feel like a bad leader.
vanscootin
Gold Member
I'm going to rant for a second....

I am doing an event in 3 weeks and I asked 3 other gals to do it with me. I emailed them the info back in January.

I paid for the event which was expensive and they were going to give me their portions. I emailed all of them at the beginning of the month about getting together. The one gal said that was fine but the other said she couldn't make it and the 3rd never responded. I asked if there was a better day to get together and heard nothing. So the other gal and I met last night to discuss and I emailed the other two with what we talked about and asked for their input. They both came back with we don't know when it is or any of the information. The one was pretty mad at me for having the meeting without her then she backed out cause she has a family obligation. I sent them the info in January when I asked them to do it!

I'm totally fine with doing the event just me and the other gal but they have made me feel like I'm a bad leader and I'm sure they will talk crap about me cause that seems to be how they are. I'm really upset about the whole thing. They both have full time jobs and are just as new to PC as I am... but PC is my ONLY job and I need this to work for me and my family. The whole situation has made me feel like I suck at my job even though I'm bsuting my tukus daily for it.

Here is my perspective:
For the 1st 10 years I sold PC I only did PC and was a ful time mom.
Now that I'm paying for Catholic high school and grade school I am working 2-3 days a week at a law office, and doing 2-3 shows a week. I'm exhausted. I canot imagine working a 40 hour week, doing 2-3 shows and trying to meet somewhere for a meeting that isn't my team meeting.

It isn't too late to pick up the phone and make a 3 way call. Now, saying that, I still haven't faced my fears and learned how to do that myself.

You are not a bad leader. You paid for this out of your own pocket. I don't do that anymore. If people want in they give me the money up front before I send in the application. I have had too many times in the past when everyone is practically fighting to get more hours and I end up begging people to help me. No longer will I work 10:00 am-11:00pm Friday, 9:00am-11:00pm Saturday and 11:00-7:00 Sunday. It's happened twice. When it comes to making follow up calls..it's a waste because I'm exhausted and confused

You don't suck. You were offering your team a way to generate new business. While you are at your booth meet new people, take notes, and have fun. Follow up within 24-48 hours, book in close and recruit. You will do great!!

You don't suck, but obviously the lines of communication stopped somewhere. You didn't mention that I could see that you placed phone calls to your gals, only emails. I don't know about you, but it seems half my emails never get read or never make it to the intended destination. It could be that simply you emailed your gal and she overlooked it or deleted it on accident, or who knows. But, if I had been waiting for a response from several people about an event that they committed to, I would have placed several phone calls IN ADDITION TO the emails. (heck, I've even sent LETTERS in the mail for those I REALLY need to reach!)

I would just take this as lesson learned, apologize to your gal for not getting the info to her, and move on to do the event w/ the one who is planning on it.

Good luck!

1. What is the purpose of an "Argh - Upcoming Event" with Pampered Chef?

The purpose of this event is to introduce new products, share cooking and kitchen tips, and offer exclusive deals and discounts to our customers.

2. How do I find out about upcoming Pampered Chef events?

You can find out about upcoming events by checking our website, subscribing to our email list, and following us on social media.

3. Can I host my own "Argh - Upcoming Event" with Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! As a consultant, I can help you plan and host your own Pampered Chef event. You can earn free products and discounts by hosting an event.

4. Are there any requirements for hosting a Pampered Chef event?

No, there are no requirements for hosting an event. However, we recommend having at least 10-15 guests to ensure a successful event.

5. Is there a cost to attend a "Argh - Upcoming Event" with Pampered Chef?

No, there is no cost to attend a Pampered Chef event. However, guests are encouraged to make purchases if they see something they like.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • hollimorales2710
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies