• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Revival in the Land: Applying the 3-2-1 Plan to Your Spiritual Life

In summary, people were discussing how they could apply the 3-2-1 Plan to their spiritual lives. They discussed how to pray, read Bible verses, attend church, and send encouragement notes.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Well, way back in March we had a thread called "For the Christians on Chef Success - for those who don't want to talk about religion ignore"Here was the main post:
I had a thought hit me today on the way to get my kids after work...We have the 3-2-1 Plan for Success with PC...why aren't I doing the same thing with my Christian life?PC provides some financial security and my personal relationship with Jesus Christ provides me eternal security...do I put as much emphasis on what provides me with eternal security as I do with my finances? Why is it sometimes easier to sell PC than talk to others about God?How would you apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life?Whether it be in reading your Bible "x" times a day/week/month, praying for things, making contacts with those in need, witnessing, whatever........curious to hear how you would apply it in your life...and challenging you to (which will challenge me too!)
We had a lively discussion, great encouragement and then as with any conversation about religion and/or politics, we had our little battles over what is a "Christian".Well, I got thinking about this again this past weekend and want to revive the part about the 3-2-1 Plan in our spiritual lives. Hopefully we can do without the debate or have some healthy debate elsewhere. I know, I know, something is going to happen and someone will end up getting offended. However, I am an Independent Consultant and run my business with my beliefs. I joined Pampered Chef because of the principles the company was founded on and without my faith in Christ, I am not where I am today as a person or as a Consultant. So, how can I not share and talk about my faith and want to be encouraged in my walk? So, if you want some encouragement, some challenge in your spiritual life, join in. If you are looking to debate, please try to keep it on a separate topic thread. I am not trying to offend anyone, just want to try to avoid conflict in advance and be an encouragement. If anyone wants to know what I specifically believe or where I go to check, feel free to PM me or check the links in my new blog that shows where we go and what we believe.

Here was one of my previous concepts Kacey:"I work full-time but my husband is in full-time ministry as a missionary at a camp so often I get stressed and focused on having to make the money to pay the bills to keep him there and don't have the drive or focus on ministry...or go through season's of life where I get a little burned out and need a rest.Maybe you can start by finding 3 people at each of your shows to pray about 2 times a week and check back in with them a month later...maybe an "out of the box" call and see how their life is.If you talk to people at checkout, you find out all kinds of stuff...they have a spouse, kids, whatever that can ALWAYS use prayer. If you keep eyes and ears open at shows, people tell each other about a lot of things. Maybe if they tell you, you can say...I believe strongly in prayer, can I be in prayer for your _______."Another person wanted to witness to 3 people a day, work on 2 worship songs a week and something else...can't remember the 3rd thing she had...Things like that...make a 3-2-1 to fit your spiritual life and try to stick to it.

let me mull this over and see what I can come up with...

devotions at least 3x's a week/attend church 2x's week/pray for one person a day

devos 5x's a week/pray for 3 people each day/send one encouragement note/card a week (5-3-1)

ooooh, count me in on this thread~

3-pray for 3 people you feel you dislike (your enemies)...this is gonna be the hardest one
2-read 2 devotionals
1-pray for yourself.....or maybe this is the hardest????

Pray for 3 leaders of this country each day
Refrain from saying something negative at least twice a day
memorize one verse per week?

Again...I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night, so I'll go back to the drawing board. DH is home from work and wants to go out and run errands, so I'll be on later today. Maybe even with a better idea!

Kitchen Diva said:
Pray for 3 leaders of this country each day
Refrain from saying something negative at least twice a day
memorize one verse per week?

Again...I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night, so I'll go back to the drawing board. DH is home from work and wants to go out and run errands, so I'll be on later today. Maybe even with a better idea!

Any idea is good...it is what you feel you need to do in your life and what YOU want to be held to.

Anything is better than doing nothing...

I like this idea. And my pastor just gave us a challenge to memorize a scripture about something that we have struggled with during 2007. I like the pray for 3 people a day, memorize two scriptures a week, and read one chapter a day! Thanks for starting this thread. I'm going to print my 3-2-1 and hang it in front of me!

tinachef said:
I like this idea. And my pastor just gave us a challenge to memorize a scripture about something that we have struggled with during 2007. I like the pray for 3 people a day, memorize two scriptures a week, and read one chapter a day! Thanks for starting this thread. I'm going to print my 3-2-1 and hang it in front of me!

Tina, I like this plan....we'll do it together!

I can be such a negative person towards my family...my kids especially. I will look for THREE TIMES EACH DAY to say something positive to them! Pray at least twice a day, and spend time reading/studying my bible at least once per day. I am starting a BSF bible study next Wednesday and that will include daily "homework" (that doesn't sound very good...but I need something that will hold me accountable to spend time reading and studying and this study will!) Please pray that they have an opening for Evan in their kid's room so I am able to attend!!

Thanks Janet for starting a new thread with this as the topic!

Great ideaWhen I joined the Pampered Chef it was so I could expand my territory (influence for Christ) and since then I have gotten lost in that pursuit and instead focused more on growing my business instead of living for Christ and making the difference for Him with the customers I meet.

Thanks for reminding me to get back to what God would have me do and remember why I started my business in the 1st place.

I am all for pray for 3 people per day, call 2 people for praise reports and focus on the 1 reason that I am in business today - my savior Jesus Christ

Kelly, we will definitely pray that the opening still comes!!!!

smbith said:
When I joined the Pampered Chef it was so I could expand my territory (influence for Christ) and since then I have gotten lost in that pursuit and instead focused more on growing my business instead of living for Christ and making the difference for Him with the customers I meet.

Sue - don't feel bad - happens to me to! You aren't the only one. Mine wasn't the business growth, but rather other activities. Let's get back to the basics. :D Hopefully we'll have some good stories to share in 2008!

smbith said:
When I joined the Pampered Chef it was so I could expand my territory (influence for Christ) and since then I have gotten lost in that pursuit and instead focused more on growing my business instead of living for Christ and making the difference for Him with the customers I meet.

Thanks for reminding me to get back to what God would have me do and remember why I started my business in the 1st place.

I am all for pray for 3 people per day, call 2 people for praise reports and focus on the 1 reason that I am in business today - my savior Jesus Christ

Sue - that is one of my goals too - and I have a couple friends who are accountability partners who help keep me on track.....maybe this thread, or friends in your life could help do that for you? One of my accountability partners is a BeautiControl consultant, so we really work on keeping each other focused on what is important, and not getting too wrapped up in the hype of Direct Sales.

A very wise woman in another thread suggested a PC Blessing journal... I will be using that to keep on track with what God is doing all around about me! I'm going to pray about this 3 2 1 for my walk... I'm stuggling with a pastor and his wife and family... and I'm a preachers kid so I know how that sounds but she and her kids hate it here and he is resistant to the changes our body is asking for and it's just SO hard... that post about praying for those you dislike hit me squarly between the eyes... that is SO SO SO HARD!!!!!!! It's easier to be irritated isn't it? Thanks for being obedient and posting that because God knew I needed to read it.

Anyone do their 3-2-1 today?

My cat woke me up three times last night, twice an hour and ONE too many times!

Kidding, I'm off to bed and will do my prayers for leaders, I didn't do so good on the saying two positive things vs negative things...and Satan so loves a strife filled home, and I don't remember what my one was, but I'm sure it was memorizing a verse. I'll have to see where the Holy Spirit leads me on that one...so many verses and so little time! :)

Later my little prayer buddies.

Well, yesterday I read a section in Ecclesiastes and wrote a blurb on it...click on the link on my signature for that...Today, I've been very busy at work, hopefully encouraged a few people, prayed for many and we'll see what gets thrown at me - the day isn't over!

A song for today:

You Alone - David Crowder - sung by Passion Worship Band

You are the only one I need
I bow all of me at Your feet
I worship You alone

You have given me more than
I could ever have wanted

And I want to give You my heart and my soul

You alone are Father
And You alone are good
You are alone are Savior
And You alone are God

I'm alive, I'm alive
I'm alive, I'm alive

I like this! So let me make sure I have the 3-2-1 right from reading everything.

3- pray for 3 people
2- be positvie on two things
1- read Bible once

Let me know if we are doing anything different on the 3-2-1 and I did not get what we agreed on. Or are we suppose to come up with our own?

I pray every day and try to stay positive but the reading the Bible gets me. Our last two Sundays of Sunday school have been on prayer and reading your Bible going hand in hand when it come to growing sprirtually. Our Sunday School class is starting a verse by verse study of Genisis this Sunday. Our preacher ordered us some daily devotions for the month that has us reading Genisis. And then the devotions continue through the Bible and are designed to help you read through the Bible in one year.

I am WAY behind. Today is 1/3 and I haven't started on it. I need to get started tonight. I have GOT to make myself committ to find the time to be alone with God. Our preacher challenged us that if we were giving no along time at the moment to start with 5 minutes each day and to build on it from there.

By the way our preacher is our Sunday School teacher too. I go to a couple's class with me husband.

jrstephens said:
I like this! So let me make sure I have the 3-2-1 right from reading everything.

3- pray for 3 people
2- be positvie on two things
1- read Bible once

Let me know if we are doing anything different on the 3-2-1 and I did not get what we agreed on. Or are we suppose to come up with our own?

I pray every day and try to stay positive but the reading the Bible gets me. Our last two Sundays of Sunday school have been on prayer and reading your Bible going hand in hand when it come to growing sprirtually. Our Sunday School class is starting a verse by verse study of Genisis this Sunday. Our preacher ordered us some daily devotions for the month that has us reading Genisis. And then the devotions continue through the Bible and are designed to help you read through the Bible in one year.

I am WAY behind. Today is 1/3 and I haven't started on it. I need to get started tonight. I have GOT to make myself committ to find the time to be alone with God. Our preacher challenged us that if we were giving no along time at the moment to start with 5 minutes each day and to build on it from there.

By the way our preacher is our Sunday School teacher too. I go to a couple's class with me husband.

Everyone is setting their own 3-2-1 for their life, what they feel led/challenged to do and that is what you should be accountable to. :)

What is "aRevival in the Land..." about?

"aRevival in the Land..." is a cookbook filled with delicious recipes and inspiring stories from Pampered Chef consultants. It celebrates the revival of home cooking and the importance of gathering around the table with loved ones.

What types of recipes can I find in "aRevival in the Land..."?

This cookbook features a variety of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, sides, desserts, and more. There are also recipes for special occasions, like holidays and parties, as well as everyday meals.

Are the recipes in "aRevival in the Land..." easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be easy to follow for cooks of all levels. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure a successful and delicious outcome.

Can I purchase "aRevival in the Land..." in physical or digital format?

Yes, you can purchase the cookbook in physical format through Pampered Chef consultants or on our website. It is also available as a digital eBook for easy access on your electronic devices.

Does "aRevival in the Land..." include any vegetarian or allergy-friendly recipes?

Yes, this cookbook includes a variety of vegetarian and allergy-friendly recipes, as well as tips for substitutions to accommodate dietary restrictions. We believe that everyone should be able to enjoy delicious and wholesome meals with their loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
2 3 4
Replies
Views
micocina
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat