• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can we sell products received as incentives?

N
noradawn
Are we allowed to sell things that we received as incentives? Obviously, it's being done! My director told me that we aren't supposed to sell things that we get for free. I have earned a few things that are great, but I have no use for them. I have read Recipe for Success fairly thoroughly, and don't recall seeing anything about it. What do you think?

Nora

Here's an idea...I earned a few things I already had and what I did was offer them as incentives to my hosts. Usually I make it known to all my hosts that month what I am giving away to the host with the highest show or most bookings. I don't know if your allowed to do that either, but I have and it works. ;)

Extra StuffNora you can post the items here on Trading Post or there are several Yahoo sites that are just other consultants. Also, you can use the items as gifts for your downline as they accomplish their goals.

So...I'm assuming that no one else has seen anything about not being allowed to sell items that we receive for free- is that correct?

noradawn said:
So...I'm assuming that no one else has seen anything about not being allowed to sell items that we receive for free- is that correct?

On the back of the agreemen it states:
1. I will not sell Company products on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments. I will not sell Company products for resale.

I also recall reading that we are not to sell discontinued items or promtional items either. I think that was in the Recipe for Success. I will look it up when I get home...

I know some people who sell their extra stuff at garage sales or even at our Spring & Fall Cluster meetings.

I am questioning the interpretation of "earning free products" b/c I seem to recall all of my incentives being itemized at tax time and considered "income", therefore not technically "free".

The other thing I was thinking about....I am sure that PC doesn't want us to sell in bulk- like a store of sorts, so I am wondering if the rules about selling is referring to that type of sales?? Selling one or two of your personal items may not fall under those requirements?

my 2 cents....

From what I understand we are not supposed to sell anything, anyway other than through the catalog. Period. That does not mean I agree. I feel that if I have earned these products and I have no need for them ( seriously, do we all have a huge closet just for unused pc products) that I should be able to do with as I please. I use alot of mine as giveaways or incentives. I also have sold quit a bit of it. I have sold ALOT of it. I know some will disagree, but there is no way I would have room for all that stuff and it would be a shame for it to just sit there.

luvs2sellit said:
From what I understand we are not supposed to sell anything, anyway other than through the catalog. Period. That does not mean I agree. I feel that if I have earned these products and I have no need for them ( seriously, do we all have a huge closet just for unused pc products) that I should be able to do with as I please. I use alot of mine as giveaways or incentives. I also have sold quit a bit of it. I have sold ALOT of it. I know some will disagree, but there is no way I would have room for all that stuff and it would be a shame for it to just sit there.
They also make great gifts for relatives and friends for Christmas, birthdays, weddings, etc...

1. Can we sell things that we receive as incentives?

As a scientist, I cannot speak for your specific organization's policies. However, in general, if you have received something as an incentive or gift, it is typically considered your personal property and you are allowed to do whatever you wish with it, including selling it.

2. Is it common for people to sell things they receive as incentives?

Yes, it is quite common for people to sell items they receive as incentives, especially if they have no use for them or if they could use the extra cash. Many organizations also offer incentives that are specifically meant to be resold, such as gift cards or merchandise vouchers.

3. Are there any restrictions or rules about selling incentives?

Again, this may vary depending on your organization's policies. However, in general, there are no restrictions or rules on selling incentives as they are considered your personal property. However, it is always a good idea to double check with your organization or supervisor to ensure you are not breaking any rules.

4. Is there any mention of selling incentives in the organization's policies or guidelines?

It is possible that there may be mention of selling incentives in your organization's policies or guidelines. It is always best to thoroughly read these documents or consult with your supervisor to ensure you are following all rules and regulations.

5. What should I do if I have earned incentives that I have no use for?

If you have earned incentives that you have no use for, you could consider selling them or giving them away to someone who could benefit from them. However, if you are unsure about the policies or guidelines regarding selling incentives, it is always best to consult with your organization or supervisor beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tiffanypc05
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies