• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Real Cooking Videos More Effective in Home Party Presentations?

In summary, the presenter had a show this past weekend with poor attendance because one guest took over the attention of the host. The presenter would like to see a "real" demo done by a PC consultant in a home setting.
cookingwithdawn
Does anyone know of any "real" demonstration videos online. I know PC has lots to show in training. But they are just that "training" done in a studio. Not interrupted by a room of chatty people. I know that lots of our shows are times for people to catch up with people that they haven't seen. But I seem to lose people when they get that way. I would love to see a real home cooking show done by a PC consultant in a home of just regular people.

I had a show this weekend with decent attendance of 12 people, but I totally lost their focus due to the fact that one guest totally took over the attention of the host and everyone got chatty. I did not get any bookings from all these "new" people. I did get one booking from my friend who has already had 2 shows.

Thanks in advance

I, too, am interested in this. I am new, and seem to have a hard time "connecting" with or keeping focus on me and the PC product when there is a large group, and where I live, 12 is a large group! I would love to see a "real" demo at a party too!

my director touched on this last week and basically when you are losing control, you stop and look under the table like you've lost something and then when everyone is quiet you come back up to say, oh my I think I've just found my control again. good luck..

You might want to send a note to HO asking for more training like that. Per the Policy Guide, consultants are not allowed to post PC related videos on YouTube.

I don't have huge show averages (live cooking shows have been around $600 lately. I don't have any recruits, but have done great with bookings. I really don't fight it. I want people to enjoy themselves. I start off by saying that when I get nervous, I talk WAYYYY too much, so if they want me to talk less, then jump in and help of add to the discussion. Although they are there to see the products and that is the focus of the evening, if they don't have fun and feel comfortable, 1. they won't book, and 2. they may not buy.
You also don't want a completly silent room, that is really uncomfortable too. I have started only giving out twixit clips as door prize drawings, but give out quite a few of them. I get one of the early birds to be in charge of name tags, then give her a twixit clip as we start. I usually pull someone over to start something b4 the demo actually starts (usually someone who is alone or sometimes 2 people- recently browning meat in the microwave) then they get twixit clips I don't always start on time, but try to get the demo done quick. If people want to talk they usually aren't on top of the table, they have stepped back anyways. The people who are interested are up close. I make it fun enough that at least some want to get involved and help. If they don't want to, forcing to isn't going to make them more comfortable or want to do it, just let them be. I mention the warranty during the demo, and usually make the joke "you wouldn't take something back to Williams-Sonoma that your dog had chewed up, and likewise PC won't take it back either, but as long as you properly care for the products, we have an amazing warranty" I expound on it if need be or if people are interested.
I have noticed that when I talk less, I have better sales. Improtant info only, answer questions. Show off the current and future guest specials throw some cookbooks out on the coffee table, do the booking slide, go over the order form, and then tell them I am tired of hearing myself talk, tell them where and how to check out and ask if they have any questions. I always close it out by saying "host name" would love to have you stay and hang out as long as you like, but I don't want to monopolize your time anymore. If you need to run, let me know and I'll finish up your order quickly.
In August I had a show where two ladies went into the kitchen and sat at the table and talked to each other the entire time (demo, talking, food, checkout). I didn't even catch their names I smiled and asked if they had any questions as I walked by, but didn't push for anything (they didn't even fill out drawing slips). After I was done checking out everyone, they came up and said they wanted to host. They hosted in Sept had 23 in attendance, had over a $900 show and I got 5 bookings from their show. Never prejudge, you want people to feel comfortable no matter what. I know it is about PC, that is the focus of the event, but you have to let go a little.

Thanks for the info Leslie.
Noora I think I will contact HO.
Dawn

Great advise Leslie, thanks!

coopcooks said:
my director touched on this last week and basically when you are losing control, you stop and look under the table like you've lost something and then when everyone is quiet you come back up to say, oh my I think I've just found my control again. good luck..

Really? I would be really really put off if a consultant acted this way at any home show I went to. It seems snippy, sarcastic, and rude to me.

Go to youtube.com and search pampered chef cooking show and there are many results that pop up created by consultants. First one I looked at was Banana Muffins demo.

Is there anyone in your cluster, maybe your director, who would let you shadow one of their shows? It's amazing how much you can learn from watching another consultant in action!

Yeah, before I was a consultant, my recruiter was in my home and we were a chatty bunch. Once when we were talking, she stopped the demo and gave us the "mom look", some of my guests were put off by that. When I later signed on, many of them started coming to me instead.

I take a much more laid back approach, mostly, if a few are chit-chatting, I ignore it, as long as it isn't too loud. I am pretty loud, so I haven't had anyone complain that they can't hear. Mostly, I try to make it fun and informative, I always give tips I have learned from various sources, especially about food safety (an obsession with me), so even people who have been to my shows will learn something new, that helps keep their attention.

lesliec said:
I don't have huge show averages (live cooking shows have been around $600 lately. I don't have any recruits, but have done great with bookings. I really don't fight it. I want people to enjoy themselves. I start off by saying that when I get nervous, I talk WAYYYY too much, so if they want me to talk less, then jump in and help of add to the discussion. Although they are there to see the products and that is the focus of the evening, if they don't have fun and feel comfortable, 1. they won't book, and 2. they may not buy.
You also don't want a completly silent room, that is really uncomfortable too. I have started only giving out twixit clips as door prize drawings, but give out quite a few of them. I get one of the early birds to be in charge of name tags, then give her a twixit clip as we start. I usually pull someone over to start something b4 the demo actually starts (usually someone who is alone or sometimes 2 people- recently browning meat in the microwave) then they get twixit clips I don't always start on time, but try to get the demo done quick. If people want to talk they usually aren't on top of the table, they have stepped back anyways. The people who are interested are up close. I make it fun enough that at least some want to get involved and help. If they don't want to, forcing to isn't going to make them more comfortable or want to do it, just let them be. I mention the warranty during the demo, and usually make the joke "you wouldn't take something back to Williams-Sonoma that your dog had chewed up, and likewise PC won't take it back either, but as long as you properly care for the products, we have an amazing warranty" I expound on it if need be or if people are interested.
I have noticed that when I talk less, I have better sales. Improtant info only, answer questions. Show off the current and future guest specials throw some cookbooks out on the coffee table, do the booking slide, go over the order form, and then tell them I am tired of hearing myself talk, tell them where and how to check out and ask if they have any questions. I always close it out by saying "host name" would love to have you stay and hang out as long as you like, but I don't want to monopolize your time anymore. If you need to run, let me know and I'll finish up your order quickly.
In August I had a show where two ladies went into the kitchen and sat at the table and talked to each other the entire time (demo, talking, food, checkout). I didn't even catch their names I smiled and asked if they had any questions as I walked by, but didn't push for anything (they didn't even fill out drawing slips). After I was done checking out everyone, they came up and said they wanted to host. They hosted in Sept had 23 in attendance, had over a $900 show and I got 5 bookings from their show. Never prejudge, you want people to feel comfortable no matter what. I know it is about PC, that is the focus of the event, but you have to let go a little.

THIS is AWESOME!!!!:thumbup:

deanna_g said:
Really? I would be really really put off if a consultant acted this way at any home show I went to. It seems snippy, sarcastic, and rude to me.

I totally agree - and I've had hosts and guests tell me about consultants who did this type of thing to them, and that's why I am now their consultant! :D

Adults really don't want to be treated like children.

I used to rely on an old teacher's trick when it would get too loud. I would just stop talking for a bit while I continued to work on the recipe. Almost every time someone would notice and help everyone settle in again.

If you find the room is getting loud and chatty, sometimes you might want to stop and play a game.

I have used chocolate kisses to help maintain folks' attention. If someone calls out the page in the catalog a tool is on, gives a tip, says they have it, love it or want it, I throw them a kiss. Whomever has hte most kisses (or wrappers) at the end gets a prize. This is a great way to keep attention especially with competetive groups.

What are real videos?

Real videos are videos that feature actual people using Pampered Chef products and sharing their experiences and recipes. These videos are not scripted or staged, and offer an authentic look at how the products work in real life.

Where can I find real videos?

You can find real videos on Pampered Chef's official website, as well as on our social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. We also have a dedicated page on our website that features all of our real videos for easy access.

How often are new real videos released?

We release new real videos on a regular basis, typically every month. We are constantly updating our content to showcase new products and recipes, so be sure to check back frequently for the latest videos.

Can I submit my own real video to Pampered Chef?

Yes, we encourage our customers to share their own real videos with us. You can submit your video through our website or by tagging us on social media. If your video is selected, we may feature it on our platforms and reward you with special perks.

Are real videos helpful for understanding how to use Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Real videos offer a visual demonstration of how our products work and the results they can achieve. They also provide helpful tips and tricks from real users to make the most out of your Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Lisa_aiko