• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Neighborhood Networks Worth It??

In summary, this woman thinks that the $115/month fee for a Neighborhood Network is too expensive. She also thinks that the value of the network is not there. She recommends that the customer research the Chamber of Commerce.
texaschef
Gold Member
I just got a solicitation for joining a Neighborhood Network in my city-for $115 a month. Is that too pricey? I have been doing this since Jan 08 so I don't have TONS of money....
The company gathers info for different businesses and make welcome bags for new residents of high price subdivisions in my area. They will get about 125 bags out a month (or so they say)....I just don't know if it will be worth the money....and if so..is it a good idea to give them a catalog??? Or should I do a flyer??? What to do????!!?!?

Ouch! $115/month....that's ALOT. We have what's called a Chamber of Commerce and it's like $300/year to be a member and they also do the welcome packets for new people to the area, and inserting things in there is free to chamber members. $115/month is VERY VERY pricy to me, but i would look into the Chamber thing and if you do have one I would invest in it if you can afford it. I am hoping that by '09 I will be able to and will be involved in my community. Until then I bust my butt on vendor fairs/booths. I am also working on a packet for realators (but I'm not sure what I want in them) figuring they would have first dibs on new people to the area, and i plan on making the investment in full catalogs to them.

Hope that helps!

I forgot to mention as far as networking join groups. I joined our local Jaycee chapter (leadership organization for people ages 21-39), and it's been very worth the $62/year dues and it's great because our chapter does ALOT in the local community as far as volunteering!

YES!!! It is too pricey! The fact that they only are going to put out 125 packets a month shows that the value is not there. For the price of the network I would expect more like 3-500 or MORE. If I were you I would research the Chamber thing.

That's almost $1 per bag! That is insane. It might be worth a little bit more if you were getting the names to follow up with, too, but it's still way too pricey for me!

Too much. Don't do it.

Yeah...I thought so too...the price is $85 if you sign up for 12 months!!! I thought it was a bit much. Thanks for all the advice and heads up. I hope the lady still hosts a show for me.....

Think about it...How many times have you contacted someone when you have received a goodie bag with lots of pamphlets etc....If you are like me, you may glance at them then toss em. Too much $$$ with too little return.
Deb

So true Deb...my DH was telling me...well if they are new to the subdivision who are they going to invite???? If they are new to Austin they won't have any family yet so then you are stuck with handing out all those catalogs for them to just end up having a PC show with someone else in 6 months or so...which is true.
Thanks you all for your insight...I love CS. (My director's been wondering why i stopped calling her so often!!! It's b/c of all the helpful info here!)

1. Are neighborhood networks worth the investment?

This is a commonly asked question, and the answer depends on your goals and the specific network you are considering. Neighborhood networks can be a valuable investment for those looking to build a sense of community and connect with their neighbors. They can also provide opportunities for networking, sharing resources, and organizing community events.

2. How do I find a neighborhood network?

There are a few different ways to find a neighborhood network. You can start by asking around your local community, checking social media groups or platforms like Nextdoor, or reaching out to your local government or community organizations. You can also create your own neighborhood network by organizing events or gatherings and inviting your neighbors to join.

3. What are the benefits of joining a neighborhood network?

Joining a neighborhood network can have many benefits, such as building relationships with your neighbors, staying informed about local events and news, and having access to shared resources and services. It can also create a sense of belonging and safety within your community.

4. Are there any downsides to neighborhood networks?

While neighborhood networks can have many benefits, there are also some potential downsides to consider. Some networks may have a lack of diversity or inclusivity, and there may be conflicts or disagreements within the community. It's important to assess the values and goals of the network before joining to ensure it aligns with your own.

5. How can I get involved in my neighborhood network?

If you are interested in getting involved in your neighborhood network, there are a few ways to do so. You can attend events and meetings, volunteer for projects or committees, or simply connect with your neighbors and share your own ideas and resources. Being an active member of the network can help strengthen the community and build relationships with your neighbors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tabnat80
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • Chef_2_Four