• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing a Stained Aquadoodle Mat: Expert Tips for Removing Marker Stains

In summary, the conversation suggests using hairspray or rubbing alcohol to remove permanent marker stains from an aquadoodle mat. The type of marker used is not specified, but rubbing alcohol is recommended as a more effective option. The conversation also includes a suggestion for making a DIY aquadoodle using a shower curtain and white sheet.
janezapchef
Gold Member
So, we have one of those huge aquadoodle mats that you color on with the water. My son just took marker to it, and it's not coming off. Any tips? Or am I just destined to have a messed up mat now?

try hairspray

Just spray it on? Any particular kind?

i think any type ould work. You could either spray it on the marker then wipe off or get some on a cotton ball. I have gotten ink out of shirts with hairspray. Then i ould wipe it with a damp cloth so its not sticky

Oh dear...good luck with that! I'm not sure if it will come out. Let us know if it does. I keep the "markers" separate from the Aquadoodle...

Nope, it would appear that these lovely markers are permanent! Glad I figured it out before he took them to a couch or something! Down with permanent markers for kids! Honestly, they should ALWAYS be washable ink!

Oh, I keep it separate too. My son (he's two) came walking into the kitchen with the aquadoodle and asked if he could use it. I apparently ignored him too long because he picked up a marker that was out and went to town.

As an x-ray tech for 20 years I can tell you that rubbing alchohol takes out "Sharpies" which is supposed to be one of the best perm markers. What kind of marker was it?
And I know this works because when my kids were teens my daughter wrote on my sons forehead while he was sleeping "I am gay" it was to get back at him for going on AOL lesbian chatrooms under her screen name. And yes she wrote it with a sharpie and it came off with rubbing alcohol. Boy I do not miss those days!

I was going to suggest rubbing alcohol, but tammy beat me to it. It has always worked for me with markers and ink pen marks.

Sorry, can't answer your question, but . . .
Did you know you can make your own Aquadoodle?!?

We did it as an activity at a birthday party. We took a blue plastic shower curtain and placed a plain white sheet over it. Worked perfectly!!!

Rubbing alcohol, like others mentioned. That's why people say hair spray helps, because of the alcohol content in it. So straight rubbing alcohol is better. I keep a bottle of it by the washing machine because my DH and DD always seem to get ink on their clothes.

1. How do I remove permanent marker stains from my Aquadoodle mat?

To remove permanent marker stains from your Aquadoodle mat, you can try using rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. Apply the substance to a cloth and gently rub the stain until it disappears. Then, wipe the area with a damp cloth to remove any residue.

2. Can I use bleach to remove stains from my Aquadoodle mat?

No, bleach should not be used to remove stains from your Aquadoodle mat. It can damage the mat and may also cause discoloration. Stick to using gentler methods such as rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover.

3. Are there any natural methods for removing stains from my Aquadoodle mat?

Yes, there are a few natural methods you can try. One option is to mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off with a damp cloth. Another option is to use white vinegar, which can help break down and remove stubborn stains.

4. I accidentally used the wrong side of the Aquadoodle pen and now there are stains on my mat. How do I remove them?

If you accidentally used the wrong side of the pen and now there are stains on your mat, you can try using a damp cloth with a small amount of dish soap. Gently rub the stain until it disappears, then wipe the area with a clean damp cloth. If the stain persists, you can try using rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover as mentioned before.

5. Can I still use my Aquadoodle mat if there are stains on it?

Yes, you can still use your Aquadoodle mat even if there are stains on it. As long as the stains do not affect the functionality of the mat, it is safe to continue using it. However, if the stains bother you, you can try one of the methods mentioned above to remove them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg