1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Aquadoodle help???

1. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

So, we have one of those huge aquadoodle mats that you color on with the water. My son just took marker to it, and it's not coming off. Any tips? Or am I just destined to have a messed up mat now?

Mar 7, 2009
  2. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

try hairspray

Mar 7, 2009
  3. janezapchef

Just spray it on? Any particular kind?

Mar 7, 2009
  4. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

i think any type ould work. You could either spray it on the marker then wipe off or get some on a cotton ball. I have gotten ink out of shirts with hairspray. Then i ould wipe it with a damp cloth so its not sticky

Mar 7, 2009
  5. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Oh dear...good luck with that! I'm not sure if it will come out. Let us know if it does. I keep the "markers" separate from the Aquadoodle...

Mar 7, 2009
  6. janezapchef

Nope, it would appear that these lovely markers are permanent! Glad I figured it out before he took them to a couch or something! Down with permanent markers for kids! Honestly, they should ALWAYS be washable ink!

Mar 7, 2009
  7. janezapchef

Oh, I keep it separate too. My son (he's two) came walking into the kitchen with the aquadoodle and asked if he could use it. I apparently ignored him too long because he picked up a marker that was out and went to town.

Mar 7, 2009
  8. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

Mar 7, 2009
  9. TammyStar

TammyStar Member

As an x-ray tech for 20 years I can tell you that rubbing alchohol takes out "Sharpies" which is supposed to be one of the best perm markers. What kind of marker was it?
    And I know this works because when my kids were teens my daughter wrote on my sons forehead while he was sleeping "I am gay" it was to get back at him for going on AOL lesbian chatrooms under her screen name. And yes she wrote it with a sharpie and it came off with rubbing alcohol. Boy I do not miss those days!

Mar 7, 2009
  10. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I was going to suggest rubbing alcohol, but tammy beat me to it. It has always worked for me with markers and ink pen marks.

Mar 7, 2009
  11. khergatt

khergatt Member

Sorry, can't answer your question, but . . .
    Did you know you can make your own Aquadoodle?!?

We did it as an activity at a birthday party. We took a blue plastic shower curtain and placed a plain white sheet over it. Worked perfectly!!!

Mar 7, 2009
  12. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Rubbing alcohol, like others mentioned. That's why people say hair spray helps, because of the alcohol content in it. So straight rubbing alcohol is better. I keep a bottle of it by the washing machine because my DH and DD always seem to get ink on their clothes.

Mar 7, 2009
Have something to add?