• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Always Wear the Apron? I Can't Handle It!

In summary, the girls all have different opinions on the apron. Some people do not like them because they are uncomfortable or because they do not fit well. Some people like to wear them for special occasions, like competitions or when they are cooking for guests. One person wears theirs all the time, but does not like the denim option. Another person likes the embroidered options and has a few prizes in their apron pocket.
JoyfulChef
Hi girls. I have a question. Do you always wear the Apron? It's soooooooooooooo uncomfortable on me becuase it's so big and it just doesn't fit me right. I have my chef jacket from culinary school but I wanted to wear something with the logo on it. Anybody having this issue? I feel like I'm fidgiting with it all during the show! Argh! :(

I find the apron is too big for me, too. I am tiny - I am only 5'2" and about 100lbs. I used to wear the old kid's sized denim paorn we used to sell...then I got the pink HWC apron and it shrunk up just-right. Over the years I have collected so many, I just wear whichever one is clean now - LOL

100lbs....bla bla bla. I may be organized..but I think I would rather be 100lbs...LOL!!!

Jilleysue said:
100lbs....bla bla bla. I may be organized..but I think I would rather be 100lbs...LOL!!!

ROFL...the problem with being 100lbs AND disorganized is that you could walk right into my office and NOT SEE ME buried in all this crap!! LOL

I never wear mine!! I wear clean jeans and a PC shirt.

I don't care for the apron. I wait til the very last minute to put it on--I do intros without it and don't put it on until I'm ready to touch food. Then I take it off as soon as the demo is over, always before taking orders.

If you are not comfortable in it, don't wear it. I don't know that I'd wear a chef jacket, though...mabye a nice shirt from VIP?

DebbieJ, I do the exact same thing. Put the apron on right as I start the demo and take it off as soon as I'm done. I was told to not put your apron on until you start the demo so that you don't have that "barrier" between you and the guests.

I would be afraid to do the demo without an apron...my luck I'd spill something on myself! :eek:

I don't wear my apron. I find it's uncomfortable too. I always wear a nice shirt w/black pants and my PC name tag. I try to coordinate my shirt w/the colors we are using for the season in our towels.

That's helpful!!! I was beginning to think I was retarded or something! LOL

Oh good....Ok..I was wondering what people did. I AM SOOOOOOOOOO and I willl reiterate SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not an APRON person. I will put it on to start the demos, but I really want to focus on how much I did not like food, did not like to cook, and didn't like being in the kitchen and PC helped me get thru that. I think the apron will make me look fake. I just feel sooo UNREAL with it on, especially with it being DENIM.....LOL NOT ME AT ALLL. I am that sparkly,pink sorta girl and this denim apron is not me. Carolyn, I liked your red one, maybe a pink one, maybe a black one with crystals....LOL HEHEHEHEHE I like hearing what people do. I guess I'll have to order more clothes...LOLOLOL
You all just had to convince me didn't you..BAD BAD MESSAGE BOARD. IT'S all your fault...HAHHAHAHAHAH

Where can you get t-shirts other than earning them? I was thinking of buying a denim chef jacket but they're pricey

I wish pc would give us more options, I don't wear mine either I'm not a denim person. I like the idea of the black one with crystals though, that one i would wear.

I HATE my apron. I am not 100 lbs, but am narrow thru the top (not small, just narrow... ok, doesn't make sense but it's the way things are!) and my apron is always gaping at the top, and frankly looks very sloppy. Never been one to wear the bib type aprons. I have a bridal apron that I wear for expos and finally just gave up and use straight pins to pin the darn thing to my shirt.

And not only doesn't it fit, but the denim... could we have some more professional type options?? I have coats and am seriously thinking of having some embroidered with the PC name on them.

So count me in as one who hates the aprons. I only wear it when I have to.

Man I am the only crazy one here that loves her apron. The only problem with the apron that I had was the neck hole was SUPER huge. So I just tied a knot in it and then that was perfect. I keep a few prizes in my apron pockets for quick access to them. My grandma embroiders so I am going to have her make some COOL aprons for me. :D

Well I wish I loved it....I don't love the denim at all. All my friends LAUGH AT ME...they know it just isn't me....NOPE.. I am that glitter girl...I am ready to sprinkle. it..LOL

I will keep my eye out on some sparklies for you.. :D

hey SillyChef--The apron is adjustable. Just pull the strings through from the end to make the neck hole smaller. No need for a knot. :)

I hate denim!! I am 5' 4", but I feel like it hits me mid shin!! I don't think it suits my personality and I feel more professional with my PC shirt and name tag than I do with the apron. With PC heading towards attracting the younger host make the consultant look like she can keep up!! Denim...I DON'T THINK SO!!

I TOTALLY AGREE..................Ain't no younger consultant attacted to denim......if direct sales wants to go for the 30 something crowd..better go towards the swarvoski crystals... on black, pink...
Let people know anyone can do this....
The denim....um..yeah I agreee needs an upgrade...even different colors would be nice.

Hey all, if we all dislike our apron so much, why aren't we telling PC?

email the solution center or career solutions! I'll try to remember to pass the feelings along while at Leadership!

I like the apron, but I am large chested and large waisted (heh...a nice way of saying overweight!), so it doesn't fit me quite right. Anyhoo, I use mine when I am working with the food - that is it. I have three small twixits attached to the neck part of the string to show off our seasonal colors. I also have buttons on it like "ask me how to save $5000 on your taxes" and stuff. I have a simple embroidery machine (not good enough to do the logo) and will be embroidering these sayings on the apron so I don't have to take off the buttons and remember to put them back on each time I wash it.Directors can get other colored aprons with the logo embroidered on through the Director's store.There's no where it says you can't add sparkly stuff to your apron - just don't be tacky about it! VIP has a shirt that has a sparkly logo.

I don't need sparkles, but I am 21...denim just doesn't work. I would love a pink or light purple, even black... give a girl some options!!

I am 31 and Love to SPARKLE and black and purple and pink...just denim.....wish it was anything but.....LOL

and I would add. stuff..but really want to stick to what PC wants us to have..I mean dont' want something that just doeesn't go......black would be cool...colors at holidays..Hell, I'll pay..put em in the supply order ya know..LOL

hate the apron. don't wear it. i wear jeans and a pc t shirt.

Hmm and here all along I thought I was the only one to Hate the denim apron! I never said anything since I figured everyone wore it! I bought one off of Ebay before starting my shows because I hate denim! I bought a green, light blue, and black one! I wear the black one all the time cause it just looks sleeker and more modern. Never thought of going with out one though, hmm. However I do like Darby's new Got chef one! I think I may invest in one of those just to change things up every now and then!

Ps. we should email HO though to let them know we want modern looking ones added as an option!

Jilleysue said:
Oh good....Ok..I was wondering what people did. I AM SOOOOOOOOOO and I willl reiterate SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not an APRON person. I will put it on to start the demos, but I really want to focus on how much I did not like food, did not like to cook, and didn't like being in the kitchen and PC helped me get thru that. I think the apron will make me look fake. I just feel sooo UNREAL with it on, especially with it being DENIM.....LOL NOT ME AT ALLL. I am that sparkly,pink sorta girl and this denim apron is not me. Carolyn, I liked your red one, maybe a pink one, maybe a black one with crystals....LOL HEHEHEHEHE I like hearing what people do. I guess I'll have to order more clothes...LOLOLOL
You all just had to convince me didn't you..BAD BAD MESSAGE BOARD. IT'S all your fault...HAHHAHAHAHAH

I know a GREAT way for you to get a RED one Jilleysue!
Promote to Director!!! In our cluster, Director's get RED aprons!!!
Oh, and BTW, I have a Bedazzler if you ever want to jazz up your apron - LOL
You'll LOVE the pink HWC apron!!

gilliandanielle said:
I don't need sparkles, but I am 21...denim just doesn't work. I would love a pink or light purple, even black... give a girl some options!!

At the Director's Special Event at 2005 National Conference, they gave each Director a black & silver apron!
Stick around & you'll find they give out cool aprons at various events. After a few years you'll have a collection!
I still have and love my red, white & blue patriotic one - I wear it all of July.

JoyfulChef said:
Where can you get t-shirts other than earning them? I was thinking of buying a denim chef jacket but they're pricey

You can get them through CC, VIP. :)

Kate, I'm with you!! I am VERY large breasted (OK, I'm kinda large all over but especially in the chest area) and the darn thing is always shifting on me! I always feel like it will shift and I'll have a boob sticking out! Now THAT'S attractive! LOL! So, I end up messing with it all the time. I never thought about the apron as an option, until now. I guess I kinda looked at it as symbolic. Become a consultant, get an apron. But I'm also older than alot of you. Oh no....I'm losing my "cool" ness!

dannyzmom said:
.............I still have and love my red, white & blue patriotic one - I wear it all of July.

At conference last year I was walking through the the surprise box area and this gal opened up her box with a patriotic apron in it. She was looking to trade it, well she wasn't interested in any of my lemon cake mixes - so I gave her $5.00 for it. I love this apron, it's so soft and actually looks good on me. I'm only 5 feet tall so the others tend to dwarf me.

I don't always wear my apron though. Sometimes I just don't want to and other times I just forget. I do like it for the pockets, helps me remember to do my drawing slips.

Oh, really? I like the denim -- but just not the fit! I want the denim in a chef coat!! I think I'm going to start wearing my white one. I use the pockets for stuff too and it just makes it fit worse when I do that.

pamperedlinda said:
At conference last year I was walking through the the surprise box area and this gal opened up her box with a patriotic apron in it. She was looking to trade it, well she wasn't interested in any of my lemon cake mixes - so I gave her $5.00 for it. I love this apron, it's so soft and actually looks good on me. I'm only 5 feet tall so the others tend to dwarf me.

I don't always wear my apron though. Sometimes I just don't want to and other times I just forget. I do like it for the pockets, helps me remember to do my drawing slips.

Geez - I couldn't get anyone to sell it to me or trade with me...I ended up buying a $45 surprise box & splitting it w/a friend - thankfully the apron was in it - LOL

PamperedChefDebi said:
Kate, I'm with you!! I am VERY large breasted (OK, I'm kinda large all over but especially in the chest area) and the darn thing is always shifting on me! I always feel like it will shift and I'll have a boob sticking out! Now THAT'S attractive! LOL! So, I end up messing with it all the time.

That's the same problem I have! But I like to wear it because it adds pockets for recipe cards, nylon pan scraper and a pen.

I dislike my apron as well but for vastly different reasons! LOL!!! Two of them to be exact! I am as they say....well endowed. It never fails that during the demo my apron rides up on my chest until it is right under my neck! I spend far to much time pulling it down! I suppose I could not tie it around my waist but then I look like a big denim blob standing up at the front!
I mean I like wearing the aprons but I hate choking!!! LOL!!

I do like some others....don't have it on while doing my intros; then when it's time to cook I put it on. I'm constantly wiping my hands on it; so I'd be afraid to see what my pants looked like if I didn't wear it! I'd look like a slob:eek:
I also like that it has pockets. I have my prize slips in there, and a pen, and small prizes for if they bring a guest. I also mention when I put it on that it's adjustable to fit anyone, just like a PC career!
I take it off when I'm done cooking though.

Jilleysue said:

OMG I'm with you........The apron is huge my DH is 6'1" and if falls prefect on him. On me it's like a wrap around potatoe sack and I am NOT 100lbs.....

apronmy sense of humor is coming out. you mean the pampered chef apron doesn't fit everyone? lol sorry had to say it. At least before kitchen guy did.:D :D

JoyfulChef said:
Hi girls. I have a question. Do you always wear the Apron? It's soooooooooooooo uncomfortable on me becuase it's so big and it just doesn't fit me right. I have my chef jacket from culinary school but I wanted to wear something with the logo on it. Anybody having this issue? I feel like I'm fidgiting with it all during the show! Argh! :(

I don't think you need to wear the logo at a PC show- they already know you do Pampered Chef! Save your logowear for when you're out during a regular day. Also, lots of people don't want to consider the biz because they don't want to wear the "geeky" apron. It's our business, don't wear it if you don't want to!

erinyourpclady said:
I dislike my apron as well but for vastly different reasons! LOL!!! Two of them to be exact! I am as they say....well endowed. It never fails that during the demo my apron rides up on my chest until it is right under my neck! I spend far to much time pulling it down! I suppose I could not tie it around my waist but then I look like a big denim blob standing up at the front!
I mean I like wearing the aprons but I hate choking!!! LOL!!

Is that why it does that???? I just thought it was because I was short or something. It doesn't happen to my recruiter & she's much taller than me. I HATE when it does that! I'm constantly pulling it down during shows. But I wouldn't want to get myself dirty during shows so I wear it. But it comes off as soon as the food is done!

I hate my apron too...I have the patriotic apron and it is a little smaller so it is better for me but I don't really like it either. Most of the time I fold down the top part and tie it just around the waist like my granny used to do. You can't see the logo but for some reason it keeps me from getting stuff on my pants at table height which I have a terrible problem doing.

nicolespcshows said:
I hate my apron too...I have the patriotic apron and it is a little smaller so it is better for me but I don't really like it either. Most of the time I fold down the top part and tie it just around the waist like my granny used to do. You can't see the logo but for some reason it keeps me from getting stuff on my pants at table height which I have a terrible problem doing.

Speaking of doing this - check out what I do with the seasonal dish towels...I find matching ribbon & sew it onto each side and make a cute apron...
This is the one from Spring/Summer 2005

Mind you, I am REALLY short so it looks long on me. One an average to tall person it looks fabulous!

Attachments

• TestShots 002 (Large).jpg
    TestShots 002 (Large).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 485
dannyzmom said:
Speaking of doing this - check out what I do with the seasonal dish towels...I find matching ribbon & sew it onto each side and make a cute apron...
This is the one from Spring/Summer 2005

Mind you, I am REALLY short so it looks long on me. One an average to tall person it looks fabulous!

This is cute! Do you just use one towel?

pamperedgirl3 said:
This is cute! Do you just use one towel?

Yep - one towel and enough ribbone to make it around my waist and back to the front & tie.

You are adorable....LOL

Jilleysue said:
You are adorable....LOL

YOU would pass out if you could see what I am doing in this office!!!! Have you seen the closet pictures!?!!?

I have started to not like wearing the apron myself. It is yoo big, but once I tie it tight it does ok. I have just started to feel silly wearing it! Even the Chef's on Food Network do not wear an apron. I may not wear it my next show and just see how I feel without it.

The aprons are too big for me too. I am 5 ft 2 and weigh about 115. They are too long and too big. I use the kids apron. I used to have a kids denim apron, but we don't have them anymore. I wish they would come out with a 3 pocket waist apron...like waitresses wear. You could put your towel in one pocket, maybe door prizes in one, or recipe cards. I just think they would be more versatile.

Shawnna

I hate the aprons. It is way too big for me. I am also a small and petite girl and it looks ridiculous on me. If I do wear it I put it on right before the demo and take it off as soon as I can. I have a couple of PC shirts so I like to wear them with a nice pair of jeans or casual pants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smaclean
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
kailyon
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies