• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

April Newsletter: How to Add a Background Picture in Your Document

T
tpchefrebecca
I know this is early but I am going out of town next week for spring break and needed it done and of course I love to share :)

Heather had asked last time how I do the picture in the backround. What I do is enter a text box and max it out or to the size I want if I have multiple pictures. Insert the picture into the box. Send it to the back of the document. Right click and edit picture. You will need to choose watermark and I do 75% brightness. Then layer all the other content on top with addtional text boxes.

Attachments

• 2008 April Newsletter.doc
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,062
I never used a newsletter and then I saw yours and its so pretty! I am sending it out today to my friends and family!

Thank you for providing it for FREE! I appreciate the time and effort you took to make it! SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!

Looks great Rebecca! I may edit it just a bit in the recruiting box and add something about the new promotion. Thanks!

tHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING.

Gorgeous, as March's was too! Thanks for sharing Rebecca, this again will be a perfect Midmonth April NL! You rock!

OH! This looks great! I'm a new consultant debating on whether or not I want to do something like this. Is it a lot of work? I know as a customer I always enjoyed getting a newsletter from my rep.

Great job, Rebecca and thanks for sharing with us!

Brenda's newsletterHere is my version. If anyone knows how I can clear the open spaces on the print preview version, let me know. Sending it via e-mail won't be a problem, but sometimes I print a few and mail them.

ETA: If you use it, be sure to change the "February" to April up top. I forgot to before I added it here.

Attachments

• Apr08 Newsletter.doc
    2 MB · Views: 617
Last edited:
here is my newsletter for april..... please make sure that you change the hyperlinks to link to your webpage!

Last edited:
That is great Amelia, I did notice description was spelled wrong towards the bottom. Did you do that all yourself? :)

Do you email or snail mail these?

i click and paste in to outlook and email these but i can send these out to people by snail mail ( which is a good idea!)

YEah i did do it myself... .... i am really picky with how things look... i figured out how to do hyperlink and i was so excited!!!

How do you change the hyperlink????

ok what you do is any where is says to click here... right click on it and look for hyperlink..... like the contact me or more information or just click here..... link it to the same page in your website by going to your website and finding the same page copy the address of the page, then you would go back to the place where you want to change the click here... right click on the blue underlined word, then you should see edit hyperlink.... click on that.... where it says address at the bottom, you will want to delete that, then you will want to paste yours there then click ok!!!

Last edited:
Thank you I'll give it a try. Really nice newsletter

Help! Is there anyway to make it centered? when I send it to my email, it's all off centered? I prefer not do "attatcment" , afraid they will just assume delete it than open it! :(

TIA

Here's mineHere's my April newsletter (some of it might look a little :p familiar....thanks!)

Attachments

• 03_2008 Pampered Chef News.doc
    465 KB · Views: 433
It looks great Linda - thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks. These all look great. I need to start doing one of these everymonth. Just gotta make time for it:)

I just have to figure out how to do that without making it an attachment - any advice? Please email me directions @pamperedDor!aol.com thanks!

heat123 said:
Help! Is there anyway to make it centered? when I send it to my email, it's all off centered? I prefer not do "attatcment" , afraid they will just assume delete it than open it! :(

TIA

you have to set it up in word in website layout

then cut a paste the whole document into outlook

outlook support html layout!

ameliasurf said:
you have to set it up in word in website layout

then cut a paste the whole document into outlook

outlook support html layout!

What if you don't have outlook? And how do you set it up in word in website layout?

I wish they had a training on PWS and all it has to offer - :grumpy:

PamperedDor said:
What if you don't have outlook? And how do you set it up in word in website layout?

I wish they had a training on PWS and all it has to offer - :grumpy:

to set it up in word click view at the top where you see file, insert and so on. then you sould see web layout click that.... that will get you into web layout.

ok you can click and paste into windows mail but that is it. i don't think you can put it into yahoo, or gmail

Would that apply to Rebecca's NL too? That Was actually what I was refering to, her NL when I send it to email comes out off centered and cuts out almost 1/4 of it. :( TIA

hey send me a copy of her newsletter and i will figure it out.... i think what the problem might be is that the text boxes need to be in line with the text and this will cause it to stay centered..... send me a copy as attachment!

[email protected]

Thank you so much Linda! I have been really lazy with my newsletters and I have always LOVED yours. People were so in love with mine, but they were basically yours with my info in it...tee hee!!

Can anyone send Linda's newsletter in PDF format? I have a new computer and it doesn't have Microsoft Word, just Microsoft Works?? Don't know much about it. So I can't even open up the newsletter.

1. How do I add a background picture to my document?

To add a background picture to your document, you can use a text box and insert the picture into it. Then, send the picture to the back of the document and adjust its brightness to create a watermark effect. Finally, layer all other content on top using additional text boxes.

2. Can I add multiple background pictures to my document?

Yes, you can add multiple background pictures to your document by using multiple text boxes and inserting a picture into each one. Just make sure to adjust the brightness and layer the other content on top as mentioned in the previous answer.

3. How do I adjust the size of the background picture?

To adjust the size of the background picture, you can simply resize the text box that contains it. You can also use the "size" or "scale" options in the picture editing menu to make more precise adjustments.

4. Can I use any picture as a background image?

Yes, you can use any picture as a background image as long as it is in a compatible file format (such as JPEG or PNG) and has a high enough resolution to maintain quality when enlarged.

5. Will adding a background picture affect the layout of my document?

No, adding a background picture should not affect the layout of your document as long as you use text boxes and layer your content on top of the picture. This method allows for more flexibility in design without disrupting the overall layout of the document.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessicafawn
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
jessicafawn
  • rwesterpchef
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
PamperedGinger
  • HockeyLover