• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning an April Fool's Day Party? Ideas Welcome!

In summary, this woman is planning to do an April Fool's Day show where guests share the most foolish things they have done in the kitchen. Some ideas include cupcakes with meatloaf toppings, grilled cheese sandwiches with cake slices, and a game where guests write down their name and the most foolish thing they have ever done.
plichte
Has anyone done an April Fool's Day show before? I have one booked and I have been searching for fun things to do but having no real luck. I thought about making the meatloaf cake and tricky taco salads that I found on the family fun website (or one of those) but I am unsure about it.

Just thought with all of you seasoned veterans out there, you might have a good idea for a fun April Fool's Day recipe(s) and possibly other party ideas.

Fun Sushihttp://familyfun.go.com/recipes/kids/feature/famf0400mocksushi/

Here is a sushi recipe that is far from the norm. Enjoy!:D

foolish thingsSomeone had a post on here awhile back about the guests sharing the most foolish things they had done in the kitchen. I thought that would be something fun to do at the beginning of the show. I'm doing that on my show on the 1st.

Our local paper had some really cute ideas today. Here are a couple I can remember.

Cupcakes -- these were little meatloafs baked in cupcake papers in a muffin pan. They topped each with tinted mashed potatoes. Vary the colors for more fun. Cute!

Grilled cheese sandwich -- slices of angel food cake with cheese colored frosting. One angel food cake, loaf shape. 1 cup white frosting. Yellow and red food coloring. Cut cake into bread-like slices and toast just until golden brown. Stack two slices for each sandwich and cut the stack in half diagonally. Tint frosting with with several drops of yellow and one small dot of red till the color resembles cheese. Mound frosting on one slice of cake, then top it with the other slice, pressing gently together until the frosting oozes out to look like melted cheese.

This is what I am doing at mine on Saturday. I demo-ing one of our regular recipes. I just think that is easiest and they are wanting to try the new recipes. For a game - as they arrive, I am going to pass out slips of paper and have each guest write down their name & the "most foolish thing they have ever done in their kitchen". Throughout the show I will have each person read what they wrote. That should get some laughs and lead to talking about our products maybe. As they read them, I will collect them in the batter bowl, then at the end, draw one out and that person wins a SB. Easy and I think it will be fun.

What are some fun and creative April Fool's Day party ideas?

Some fun and creative April Fool's Day party ideas could include a fake food tasting competition, a prank scavenger hunt, or a game of "Two Truths and a Lie" with outrageous facts.

How can I incorporate pranks into my April Fool's Day party?

You can incorporate pranks into your April Fool's Day party by setting up fake food displays, creating funny invitations, or playing pranks on your guests throughout the party.

What kind of food should I serve at my April Fool's Day party?

For an April Fool's Day party, you can serve foods that look like one thing but taste like another, such as "meatloaf" cupcakes or "mashed potato" ice cream. You can also serve traditional party foods with creative names, like "trickster tacos" or "silly sliders."

How can I decorate for an April Fool's Day party?

You can decorate for an April Fool's Day party with prank-inspired decorations, such as fake spiders, whoopee cushions, or "caution" tape. You can also decorate with bright and bold colors to reflect the playful and fun nature of the holiday.

What are some kid-friendly April Fool's Day party ideas?

Some kid-friendly April Fool's Day party ideas could include a "crazy hair" station, a silly photo booth, or a game of "pin the tail on the donkey" with a twist. You can also serve kid-friendly foods with funny names, like "dinosaur eggs" (deviled eggs) or "wizard wands" (pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate).

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Sallie_M