• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious & Easy Homemade Applesauce w/dcb, Apple P/C/S & Mix & Chop

In summary, this recipe is very yummy, easy, and it shows three amazing tools - the dcb, apple p/c/s, and mix and chop.
janezapchef
Gold Member
I've made this twice now. VERY yummy and easy! Plus, it shows three major awe-inspiring tools -- dcb, apple p/c/s, and mix and chop.

8-10 large apples (I like to use tart apples)
1/2 c. sugar to a cup, depending on your taste (I like applesauce that is a little tart, so, I stick with the 1/2 c.. Plus, you can always add sugar later, not the other way around.)
1/2 c. water
1 tsp. cinnamon to 1 3/4 tsp. (again to taste)
Peel, core and slice the apples. Combine all ingredients in the dcb. Put the lid on and microwave for 12 minutes. Use the mix and chop to "mix and chop" the apples. Replace the lid and continue cooking in 3 minute intervals until the apples fall apart when mashed and turn into applesauce consistency. (When I made this last week, it took about 20 minutes total microwave time. However, I would NOT recommend 20 minutes in a row.)

that sounds yummy.

It makes me think of those yummy apple slices you get at Cracker Barrel. I may have to figure out how to do those. They would be thicker...maybe use the wedger. Hmm, now I am going to have to figure out what other products you could show...santuko knife, cutting board, wedger, dcb, measuring spoons and cup and our yummy cinnamon.

Absolutely! All of those would be shown on these too. You could use the wedger to cut the apples up before you put them in the baker. They might cook a little faster that way too. And, the Cracker Barrel apples are exactly what it reminds me of. I never thought to do it using the apple wedger. I've always been going for the applesauce consistency. Hmmmmm.

I wonder how it would be if you used Spenda instead of regular sugar, to make it a little more WW friendly?

probably fine if you can tolerate splenda. i would use half the amount of sugar then. i hate splenda, which is why ww is tough for me! i did it b/w kids and was fine with splenda, fake fats, etc., but now they all really gross me out!

A little off topic, but still apples :)I use the wedger to wedge an apple, then slice each wedge into 4 slices. Saute in a tsp olive oil in the nonstick 8" pan and add 1 lite maple sausage link (defrosted in microwave then sliced). Once the apples are as crisp as you like add the sausage then top w/1 tsp or so of the caramel sprinkle. Very WW friendly and so good for breakfast or brunch.

Oh another appley thing that is good, small stoneware baker (I have the oval one) w/a cored apple, sprinkle some cinnamon, cinnamon plus, or cinnamon sprinkle in the cavity and top w/ 1/2 can of dr pepper (diet is fine too). Microwave until tender (can't remember how long). Let it cool a little and top w/cool whip or redi-whip.

Could probably do w/wedged or sliced apples laying down in the Dr. Pepper too.

Hmmm, those both sound yummy! I am trying to be very WW good, just started back up after a very fun and non-diet summer, and I'm having a rough time. I really want to make all of the warm comfort foods for fall, like soups and stews chicken n' bisquits and meatloaf and mashed potatoes and apple pie and apple crisp and all that other nummy fattening stuff... I am so hungry now! Better go and get started figuring something healthy for dinner!

Do you have the Comfor Cooking WW cookbook? There are AWESOME recipes in there for comfort foods. I think there are 4 different meatloaf recipes!

janezapchef said:
Do you have the Comfor Cooking WW cookbook? There are AWESOME recipes in there for comfort foods. I think there are 4 different meatloaf recipes!

Hmmm, no I don't have that one, might have to check it out! Thanks!

Finally a new recipe for the dcb!

I was going to make this and realized this recipe would work in the DCB. Rave reviews as usual for Alton Brown's applesauce: * 3 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
* 3 Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
* 1 cup unfiltered apple juice
* 2 tablespoons cognac or brandy
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 3 tablespoons honey
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamonDirectionsIn a sealable microwave-safe container, combine apples with all other ingredients. Close lid, leaving one corner of lid open to allow steam to escape. Microwave on high for 10 minutes.Using a hand blender or potato masher, blend to desired consistency. Serve hot immediately or chill for later use.

MMMMMMM..this thread makes me want to go buy a bag of apples after work..and make something tonight..LOL..I might just do that. All of these are great ideas

I was so happy to see this thread. I've been making applesauce & apple butter, but on the stovetop. I had been putting it off, because it gets so hot in the kitchen when cooking down the apples on the stove.

In the last 48 hours, I've processed about 30 lbs of apples. I just quartered them, cored them (using the Core & More), tossed 'em in the DCB, then microwaved (8 minutes, stir, another 8 minutes). I've got a strainer attachment for my mixer. so ran the cooked apples thru that (taking care of the peels). I had one variety of apple that was a bit harder, and took an extra couple of minutes in the microwave.

Part of the applesauce went into the crockpot for apple butter, the rest got canned as-is.

Very yummy, and not the house smells good, too :chef:

SpiritdancerIA said:
I was so happy to see this thread. I've been making applesauce & apple butter, but on the stovetop. I had been putting it off, because it gets so hot in the kitchen when cooking down the apples on the stove.

In the last 48 hours, I've processed about 30 lbs of apples. I just quartered them, cored them (using the Core & More), tossed 'em in the DCB, then microwaved (8 minutes, stir, another 8 minutes). I've got a strainer attachment for my mixer. so ran the cooked apples thru that (taking care of the peels). I had one variety of apple that was a bit harder, and took an extra couple of minutes in the microwave.

Part of the applesauce went into the crockpot for apple butter, the rest got canned as-is.

Very yummy, and not the house smells good, too :chef:

You Rock...all that work, way to go. You will love having those on a cold winter day!:)
Deb

What is the recipe for Delicious & Easy Homemade Applesauce w/dcb, Apple P/C/S & Mix & Chop?

The recipe for Delicious & Easy Homemade Applesauce w/dcb, Apple P/C/S & Mix & Chop can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in the recipe booklet that comes with the products. It requires apples, apple cider, cinnamon, brown sugar, and the Mix & Chop tool.

Do I need to peel the apples for this recipe?

It is up to personal preference whether or not to peel the apples. Leaving the peel on adds extra fiber and nutrients to the applesauce, but peeling them will result in a smoother texture. The Mix & Chop tool will help break up the peel if you choose to leave it on.

Can I use a different type of apple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for this recipe. However, different types of apples will result in slightly different flavors and textures. Granny Smith apples are recommended for a tart and tangy applesauce, while Honeycrisp apples will result in a sweeter applesauce.

What is the purpose of the Mix & Chop tool in this recipe?

The Mix & Chop tool is used to easily mash and break up the cooked apples, resulting in a smoother and more consistent texture for the applesauce. It also helps to mix in the other ingredients for a well-blended sauce.

Can I make this applesauce ahead of time and store it?

Yes, this applesauce can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the applesauce for up to 3 months. Just be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
Nanisu