1. Join Chef Success Today!
    We're the #1 Pampered Chef Consultant Community. Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files, images, discussions etc! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Theme Show Apple Themed Party

Discussion in 'Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc' started by SusanK, Jul 18, 2005.

1. SusanK

SusanK Novice Member

Does anyone have an Apple themed show flyer or a fall theme show flyer that I could see so I am not reinventing the wheel? Not sure if this is o.k. to ask, but I thought I would try it. I want do an apple show with microwave apple crumble and apple pizza in one of the Pampered Chef cookbooks. Also, I read somewhere that you can freeze apples (already seasoned) for a pie and then use them later -- does this really work?
    Jul 18, 2005
  2. DZmom

DZmom Veteran Member

Freezing Apples

My grandmother always froze apples for her winter pies in the summer. Everytime she made a pie during the summer or early fall she'd make double the filling and freeze the second half. That way she could have fresh from the tree apple pie in the dead of winter. Of course, now I wish I hadn't been the obnoxious teen that I was and had helped her out in the kitchen when she asked me to. I'd love to be able to reproduce her cooking in my own kitchen, but unfortunately she's not around to teach me now that I'm willing to learn. :(
    Jul 18, 2005
  3. I'm having an apple show tomorrow night! Here's how to freeze the pie filling!
    Make Your Own
    Apple Pie Kit:
    Peel, core and slice 6 medium apples, then slice in half. Toss apples with 1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend. Please in resealable plastic food storage bag and freeze. When ready to use, thaw apple mixture in the refrigerator, then place in a ready-made pie crust and bake.
  4. Cindycooks

Cindycooks Veteran Member Silver Member

Sorry I do not have a flyer - If I find something I will post it. Great idea for a show, especially for the fall! Here is a good recipe you may want to include. I fits well in the medium simple additions bowl - serve it with tortilla scoops or homemade pita triangles sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, and have it ready when the guests are arriving.... :)

Apple Berry Salsa
    2 medium granny smith apples
    1 c. strawberries, sliced
    1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
    1 sm orange
    2 T. packed brown sugar
    2 T. apple jelly
    Peel, core & slice apples. Apple/Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples into quarters; chop using Food Chopper. Slice strawberries with Egg Slicer plus. Chop kiwi with Food Chopper. Place fruit in sm. Batter bowl. Zest orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer. Juice orange with the Juicer. Add orange zest, orange juice, br. Sugar and jelly to fruit mixture. Mix gently.
    Jul 18, 2005
  5. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

Here are a couple of things. I have one also for a apple pie class that charges guests a fee. If anyone wants me to post it let me know.

Attached Files:

Jul 18, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted