• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Salsa Recipe Needed for UPampered Chefoming Show!

1 red delicious or sweet apple (honey crisp, fuji, etc.)1 navel orange - zested1/2 bag fresh cranberries1/2 cup sugarMix all in small batches in Manual Food Processor (she used a meat grinder back in the day) and blend together with orange zest. Especially good at the holidays, great with Cinnamon chips or Tastefully Simple Graham Pretzels.
twopamperedchefs
I'm doing a show in a few weeks, and the host wants a recipe for some kind of apple salsa. Does anyone know what she's talking about and have the recipe?

It's in the All The Best Cookbook....you can type in Apple Berry Salsa in the files section of this site, and it comes right up.

Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

CHIPS
4 (7-inch) flour tortillas

1 tbsp sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

SALSA

2 med Granny Smith apples

1 cup strawberries -- sliced

1 kiwi fruit -- peeled and chopped

1 small orange

2 tbsp packed brown sugar

2 tbsp apple jelly

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. For cinnamon chips, lightly spray
tortillas with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon in flour/sugar shaker; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place in single layer on round baking stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.

For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples. Cut apples into quarters; chop
with food chopper. Slice strawberries and chop kiwi. Place fruit in 1 quart bowl. Zest orange and juice. Add orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar and apple jelly to fruit mixture, mix gently. Serve with cinnamon chips

You can also buy cinnamon chips. I often pick up the Cinnamon Pita Chips or the Pringles Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips (they come in a bag, not a can).

I sent the host that recipe, and she said that wasn't it. Is there another recipe that's older? She may just be imagining stuff! :)

That recipe has been around for YEARS....I don't know of another one. Sorry!

Oh, wait - there is a variation of this one - but it uses mango....would that be it?

I don't know. Her mom used to be a consultant, and my guess is that it's just a recipe her mom had and it wasn't necessarily PC. I think I'm going to suggest that she get the recipe and prepare it ahead of time to serve at her show rather than having me make it. :)

If I get the recipe from her, I'll post it.

There was one a long time ago. One green, one red apple, chopped. Dried cranberries, lemon juice, (chopped nuts optional) cinnamon, and caramel sauce. Mix together!

kcjodih said:
Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon ChipsCHIPS
4 (7-inch) flour tortillas1 tbsp sugar1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamonSALSA2 med Granny Smith apples1 cup strawberries -- sliced1 kiwi fruit -- peeled and chopped1 small orange2 tbsp packed brown sugar2 tbsp apple jellyPreheat oven to 400 degrees. For cinnamon chips, lightly spray
tortillas with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon in flour/sugar shaker; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place in single layer on round baking stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples. Cut apples into quarters; chop
with food chopper. Slice strawberries and chop kiwi. Place fruit in 1 quart bowl. Zest orange and juice. Add orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar and apple jelly to fruit mixture, mix gently. Serve with cinnamon chips
Thank you for the lovely recipe :x

Here's my mom's AWESOME Cran-Apple "salsa" recipe, Sweet or Savory style:
SWEET style
1 red delicious or sweet apple (honey crisp, fuji, etc.)
1 navel orange - zested
1/2 bag fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
Mix all in small batches in Manual Food Processor (she used a meat grinder back in the day) and blend together with orange zest. Especially good at the holidays, great with Cinnamon chips or Tastefully Simple Graham Pretzels.
SAVORY style
Want some zing? reduce sugar to 1/3 cup and add...
1 Jalapeno minced
1/2 small onion minced
1 clove of crushed garlic
1 lime - zested
1 tspn salt
- now its a savory salsa, great on chicken, fish.

1. Can you provide a recipe for apple salsa?

Yes, here is a delicious and easy apple salsa recipe that is perfect for a Pampered Chef cooking show:

2. What ingredients do I need for the apple salsa?

You will need 2 apples (any variety), 1 red bell pepper, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1/4 cup red onion, 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, 1 lime, and 1 tablespoon honey.

3. How do I make the apple salsa?

First, core and chop the apples, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces. Then, finely chop the red onion and cilantro. In a bowl, mix together the chopped ingredients with the juice of 1 lime and 1 tablespoon of honey. Allow the salsa to sit for 10 minutes for the flavors to combine before serving.

4. Can I add any additional ingredients to the apple salsa?

Absolutely! You can add diced mango or pineapple for a tropical twist, or diced avocado for a creamy texture. You can also adjust the amount of jalapeno pepper to make the salsa more or less spicy.

5. What are some serving suggestions for the apple salsa?

This apple salsa is delicious served with tortilla chips, as a topping for grilled chicken or fish, or as a side dish for tacos or fajitas. You can also use it as a topping for salads or in wraps for a refreshing and flavorful meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefa