1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Apple Salsa Recipe?

1. twopamperedchefs

twopamperedchefs Member

I'm doing a show in a few weeks, and the host wants a recipe for some kind of apple salsa. Does anyone know what she's talking about and have the recipe?

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

It's in the All The Best Cookbook....you can type in Apple Berry Salsa in the files section of this site, and it comes right up.

Oct 2, 2008
  3. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

CHIPS
    4 (7-inch) flour tortillas

1 tbsp sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

SALSA

2 med Granny Smith apples

1 cup strawberries -- sliced

1 kiwi fruit -- peeled and chopped

1 small orange

2 tbsp packed brown sugar

2 tbsp apple jelly

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. For cinnamon chips, lightly spray
    tortillas with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon in flour/sugar shaker; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place in single layer on round baking stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.

For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples. Cut apples into quarters; chop
    with food chopper. Slice strawberries and chop kiwi. Place fruit in 1 quart bowl. Zest orange and juice. Add orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar and apple jelly to fruit mixture, mix gently. Serve with cinnamon chips

Oct 2, 2008
    KindaichiShota likes this.
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

You can also buy cinnamon chips. I often pick up the Cinnamon Pita Chips or the Pringles Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips (they come in a bag, not a can).

Oct 2, 2008
  5. twopamperedchefs

twopamperedchefs Member

I sent the host that recipe, and she said that wasn't it. Is there another recipe that's older? She may just be imagining stuff! :)

6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

That recipe has been around for YEARS....I don't know of another one. Sorry!

Oh, wait - there is a variation of this one - but it uses mango....would that be it?

Oct 3, 2008
  7. twopamperedchefs

twopamperedchefs Member

I don't know. Her mom used to be a consultant, and my guess is that it's just a recipe her mom had and it wasn't necessarily PC. I think I'm going to suggest that she get the recipe and prepare it ahead of time to serve at her show rather than having me make it. :)

If I get the recipe from her, I'll post it.

8. There was one a long time ago. One green, one red apple, chopped. Dried cranberries, lemon juice, (chopped nuts optional) cinnamon, and caramel sauce. Mix together!

Nov 22, 2017
  9. Thank you for the lovely recipe :x

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted