• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Pies Using Cut N Seal......

In summary, these are a Honey Nut Apple Tartlets recipe. Apple, raisins, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg are all mixed together and then put in Crescent shaped bread. They are then brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. They are then baked on a baking stone for 10-12 minutes.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Does anyone have a TNT recipe they use?? Tips??

I've got kids in kitchen show and they want to make Apple Pies using this and I'm not finding a recipe for this. I thought I had one saved, but my computer lost lots of files and I think that must have been another one of them, ugh.

One of my biggest concerns is not over filling, as I know my kids did last time we did with pizza filling.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Does anyone have a TNT recipe they use?? Tips??

I've got kids in kitchen show and they want to make Apple Pies using this and I'm not finding a recipe for this. I thought I had one saved, but my computer lost lots of files and I think that must have been another one of them, ugh.

One of my biggest concerns is not over filling, as I know my kids did last time we did with pizza filling.

Thanks,

Lisa

I say make the filling for the Taffy Apple Tartlets and bake them in that. Yum...

Keith,
Approx. how much do you put in each one??? I must put too much, as they ooze :yuck: and then don't look to appealing.

When they are the Cut N Seal pies, is 10-15 minutes enough time with Pie Crusts??

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Keith,
Approx. how much do you put in each one??? I must put too much, as they ooze :yuck: and then don't look to appealing.

When they are the Cut N Seal pies, is 10-15 minutes enough time with Pie Crusts??

Thanks,

Lisa

I'd say probably 2 tbsp of filling, but I'm just guessing. Whatever the Use & Care Guide says for sandwiches, I'd go by that. I think it'd be something you'd have to experiment with, especially with the baking time.

I'd also brush each one with an egg wash before baking, and sprinkle with some raw sugar to give them a more rustic look.

leftymac said:
I'd say probably 2 tbsp of filling, but I'm just guessing. Whatever the Use & Care Guide says for sandwiches, I'd go by that. I think it'd be something you'd have to experiment with, especially with the baking time.

I'd also brush each one with an egg wash before baking, and sprinkle with some raw sugar to give them a more rustic look.

ditto on the egg wash, but how about the cinnamon or caramel sprinkles.... mmmmmm!!!

peichef said:
ditto on the egg wash, but how about the cinnamon or caramel sprinkles.... mmmmmm!!!

I'd say the caramel sprinkles. I tend to use those less than the cinnamon sprinkles, so it'd be nice to see them get another use. :) I wonder if they'd melt in the oven though? Part of the appeal of using the raw sugar on top is how they stay intact and look all pretty on top afterwards.

leftymac said:
I'd say the caramel sprinkles. I tend to use those less than the cinnamon sprinkles, so it'd be nice to see them get another use. :) I wonder if they'd melt in the oven though? Part of the appeal of using the raw sugar on top is how they stay intact and look all pretty on top afterwards.

I don't think the sprinkles melt, so they?? I've used them on several things, but can't be 100% certain if they melt or not.

I agree, that the raw sugar holds an aesthetic appeal. I'm just thinking how yummy the caramel would be on a mini apple pie.

peichef said:
I don't think the sprinkles melt, so they?? I've used them on several things, but can't be 100% certain if they melt or not.

I agree, that the raw sugar holds an aesthetic appeal. I'm just thinking how yummy the caramel would be on a mini apple pie.

I agree, and if they hold their shape, then all the better! Now I wanna go make them.....

leftymac said:
I agree, and if they hold their shape, then all the better! Now I wanna go make them.....

me too! though I just ate a massive piece of chocolate cake & don't think apple pie is a necessity at this moment. It sure sounds good, though :)

Bon appetit!!

Honey Nut Apple Tarts from The Pampered Chef Favorites II1 medium apple, chopped
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup seedless raisins
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp lemon zest
2 TBSP honey
Melted butter or margarine
Soft white or wheat bread
Cinnamon sugarPreheat oven to 375. Peel, core and slice apples. Chop apple and walnuts.
Combine chopped ingredients with raisins, spices, lemon zest, and honey in
batter bowl.Place a scant tsp. of apple mixture in the center of bread. Gently fold
bread in half, covering the mixture. Use 3" cut n seal to cut and seal
crescent shaped tarts. Brush tarts with melted butter. Sprinkle with
cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake on 15" baking stone for 10-12 minutes or until
golden brown.Yield:
25 tartsWe did these my 3yr old and I. We didn't use nuts and instead of using it to make turnovers we made full rounds. They are sooo yummy. Just remember to cut slits in the top to let the pie breathe.

Last edited:
leftymac said:

That's funny...I use the cinnamon less and the caramel more! LOL

might be a dumb question, but what is a scant?

candiejayne said:
might be a dumb question, but what is a scant?

An amount just shy of the measured amount.

Gee I wonder if I could do these with the Caramel ones in this SB?? I don't really have time to play before my show on Sat.

Guess I'll have to play after my show, I'm sure my family won't mind, lol.

Thanks for all the info. I can't wait to make these. I used to poke with the cake tester, but with Bakers Roller, I can use the little poker thingee.
(Of course my family calls the Baker's Roller the Cracker Whacker, as that's what my girls use it for, whacking crackers for things)

Lisa

lol I love it, the cracker whacker!!!

thanks for letting me know, i see it all the time but never knew for sure!

Andrea,
What's bad is at shows I've pulled it out to use and have Called it the Cracker Whacker People look at me like I'm nuts and then I explain what girls call it and how it got that name for our family. I had someone write it that way on an order form and I just laughed.

I just tell people to excuse my "technical" terms, I'm sure I bowl them over with them. Like using the Poker thingee on the Cracker Whacker. :D

Lisa

lol! we have silly names for things too, but I don't own a cracker whacker yet! I'll def call it that when I get one though!

I just made these, and they're in the oven as we speak. I used the filling for the Taffy Apple Tartlets, and made 12 mini-pies, using a total of 3 crusts. I used the medium scoop for the filling. I then did an egg wash and topped with Sweet Caramel Sprinkle as suggested. I cut a slit in the top to let some steam out as well. Then I decided to be extra cute and cut some apples out of the remaining pie dough using the Creative Cutters. I'll post pictures as soon as they are done. :)

Here's the finished product. The medium scoop may be too much filling b/c they started to split a little bit. And nevermind the one lone pie that I forgot to adorn with an apple. Poor guy...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 694
Awesome Job Keith!! The main question is now, how do they taste? ;)

They taste like the taffy apple tartlets :) I'd prefer to just make those though, as I think they're prettier.

Keith,
If they are splitting at the seams try to put a little water around the edge next time before you seal them. It helps the two crusts adhere to one another. :) Can you mail one to DE? My 3yr old and I made these a few weeks ago with the intention of giving some to her grandfather who loves apple pie. Lets just say none of them made it out of the house. We are trying again before Thanksgiving.

chefmoseley said:
Keith,
If they are splitting at the seams try to put a little water around the edge next time before you seal them. It helps the two crusts adhere to one another. :) Can you mail one to DE? My 3yr old and I made these a few weeks ago with the intention of giving some to her grandfather who loves apple pie. Lets just say none of them made it out of the house. We are trying again before Thanksgiving.

Not at the seams..I used an egg was to seal. They were splitting on top (not where I put the slit in, but other places). But they're still tasty, especially at room temperature! I've had like 5 of them today and that is just not okay. :thumbdown:

I also toyed with the idea of whipping up some royal icing to put on top to hide all of that, but then I got too lazy. :) Everything is better with frosting, though!

Glad they are yummy :) You can bring some to DE if you want :) It's not too far away... You could do a field trip about the Mason-Dixon Line or something and make it educational for your class. Although what the Mason-Dixon Line has to do with French I'm at a loss. Or you could bring them to Philly for the field trip and drop off the pies on your way up 95 :)

By then I'm afraid I (or my coworkers) will have eaten all of them!

1. How do I use the Cut N Seal to make apple pies?

To use the Cut N Seal for apple pies, first roll out your pie dough and place it inside the Cut N Seal. Then, add your desired filling and place another layer of pie dough on top. Use the Cut N Seal to press down and seal the edges of the pie, creating a perfect cut and seal every time.

2. Can I use the Cut N Seal for other types of pies?

Yes, the Cut N Seal can be used to make a variety of pies, including fruit pies, chicken pot pies, and even mini quiches. Just follow the same steps of rolling out the dough, adding filling, and using the Cut N Seal to cut and seal the edges.

3. What is the diameter of the Cut N Seal for apple pies?

The Cut N Seal for apple pies has a diameter of 4 inches, perfect for creating individual-sized pies or turnovers.

4. Is the Cut N Seal dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Cut N Seal is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. However, we recommend handwashing for best results and longevity of the product.

5. Can I use the Cut N Seal to make gluten-free apple pies?

Yes, the Cut N Seal can be used with gluten-free pie dough to make delicious gluten-free apple pies. Just make sure to roll out the dough to the appropriate thickness and follow the same steps for using the Cut N Seal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies