• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Sister's Apple Peeler: Adjustment Needed?

not too big or small.The Apple Peeler with the Stand from a show I hosted before becoming a consultant seems to be too tight and actually peels way too much if you are using softer apples. There may be an adjustment to the blade, but Lisa does not know where to find this information. The product is designed for use with firm, medium-sized, nicely-shaped apples. Lisa recommends using it with granny smith apples, which are perfect for the APCS.
Monty060609
My sister ordered the Apple Peeler with the stand from a show I hosted before becoming a consultant.

She says that it seems really tight and actually peels way too much if you are using softer apples. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment to it? Or maybe it is just because it is brand new?
Of course she doesn't know what happened to the white paper that comes with all products with care instructions, etc.

I don't think it has been restyled since I got mine but the blade can be adjusted. Unfortunately I am at work and would not be able to tell your where without looking at it.

go to CC and look on the PIG info.

Lisa

Great! Thank you. I found it on the CC webpage and didn't know that was there so another helpful tip from fellow CS'ers :)

Everytime I use me APCS, the prongs that holds the apple breaks the core & comes loose halfway though. What am I doing wrong??

Sounds like your apples are too soft. It's made to use with firm, medium-sized, nicely-shaped apples. I live near a couple of orchards. Many of my friends by the seconds--apples that aren't pretty enough to sell at full price. They don't like the APCS because it doesn't work well on the ugly apples.

raebates said:
Sounds like your apples are too soft. It's made to use with firm, medium-sized, nicely-shaped apples.

I live near a couple of orchards. Many of my friends by the seconds--apples that aren't pretty enough to sell at full price. They don't like the APCS because it doesn't work well on the ugly apples.

That made me laugh. Ha.
I'm gonna go search on CC for this info as well. I am making Mom's Apple Crisp and tried the acs this weekend and had a horrible time with it. I could always just use the corer/slicer, but this would be cool to use. I honestly was hoping they didn't even sell this thing anymore b/c I had such a time with it I am embarrassed to try. I'll get some firm granny smiths and retry.

When I first started PC - almost 13 years ago - I sold a ton of APCS because I did Mom's Apple Crisp or the Apple Nut Ring at almost every show. And honestly, everytime I do a show that uses the APCS I always sell at least one or have someone book to get it for free.

The APCS was my very first PC product years ago. I'd seen my cousin use one & thought it was the coolest thing ever. When I brought it home & tried it, I got really frustrated, & was thinking of sending it back. That's when my (now) DH tried it & LOVED it, so I knew we were keeping it!

I sent my first one back. It was taking away too much of the apple. I looked up a video online of how it should work, and the spring on mine was WAY too tight and couldn't be adjusted.
The replacement works like it's supposed to work.

I had a host that is very interested in this and wants me to demo it at her show. I'm wondering what recipes you use to demo this product? I'm making kind of a heavy meal for the main dish so I was looking for something lighter and quicker for the dessert?

There's an apple bread pudding made in the DCB in the microwave in the DCB booklet on here. It's sublime.

Mommy2amo said:
I had a host that is very interested in this and wants me to demo it at her show. I'm wondering what recipes you use to demo this product? I'm making kind of a heavy meal for the main dish so I was looking for something lighter and quicker for the dessert?

I love my 90's model too! Not so much when I was living in Okinawa, as the apples were not fresh enough & the core holder would push all the way through the apple! :( I had to tell my Okinawa guests that if they were buying it for Japanese apples or stateside apples, they would enjoy it, but if they buy their apples on the base, they won't like the APCS because the base apples are too soft. :(

Mine works pretty good on the ugly ones too ... peels away all that uglyness! Though I do have some broken cores ... oh well.A big problem is that I didn't realize it wasn't dishwasher safe. So it MANGLED my apples! Found out the blades were replacement parts and replaced them. Good as new!

I find that granny smith apples you buy in the 3# bags work best. They are perfectly sized for the APCS. My mom gave me mine, she bought it at a show before I started PC and the first few times I used it I hated it-it gouged too much apple. My director told me about adjusting the wing nut and sliding the blade a little to adjust and now it is one of my favorite products. I love Apple Berry Salsa!

Hey Sheila ... just wondering if they have Fugi apples over there. Sounds kinda Japanese to me!

1. How do I adjust the blades on My Sister's Apple Peeler?

To adjust the blades on My Sister's Apple Peeler, first make sure the peeler is unlocked by turning the handle counterclockwise. Then, rotate the blade arm to the desired position and lock it back in place by turning the handle clockwise. The blades can be adjusted to peel, core, and slice or just peel apples.

2. Can My Sister's Apple Peeler be used on other fruits and vegetables?

Yes, My Sister's Apple Peeler can be used on a variety of fruits and vegetables such as pears, potatoes, and even zucchinis. However, it is not recommended for use on harder fruits or vegetables such as pineapples or carrots.

3. How do I clean My Sister's Apple Peeler?

Cleaning My Sister's Apple Peeler is easy. Simply disassemble the peeler by unlocking the handle and removing the blade arm. Wash all parts with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly. The blades can also be removed for a more thorough cleaning if needed. Do not put any parts in the dishwasher.

4. Is My Sister's Apple Peeler covered by a warranty?

Yes, My Sister's Apple Peeler is covered by a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience any issues with the product, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

5. Can left-handed individuals use My Sister's Apple Peeler?

Yes, My Sister's Apple Peeler can be used by both right-handed and left-handed individuals. The handle can be adjusted for either hand by unscrewing the handle and repositioning it for a comfortable grip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahjmpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kimodchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • Stephanie S