1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Apple Peeler

1. Monty060609

Monty060609 Member

My sister ordered the Apple Peeler with the stand from a show I hosted before becoming a consultant.

She says that it seems really tight and actually peels way too much if you are using softer apples. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment to it? Or maybe it is just because it is brand new?
    Of course she doesn't know what happened to the white paper that comes with all products with care instructions, etc.

Nov 2, 2009
  2. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

I don't think it has been restyled since I got mine but the blade can be adjusted. Unfortunately I am at work and would not be able to tell your where without looking at it.

3. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

go to CC and look on the PIG info.

Lisa

4. Monty060609

Monty060609 Member

Great! Thank you. I found it on the CC webpage and didn't know that was there so another helpful tip from fellow CS'ers :)

Nov 2, 2009
  5. Everytime I use me APCS, the prongs that holds the apple breaks the core & comes loose halfway though. What am I doing wrong??

6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Sounds like your apples are too soft. It's made to use with firm, medium-sized, nicely-shaped apples.

I live near a couple of orchards. Many of my friends by the seconds--apples that aren't pretty enough to sell at full price. They don't like the APCS because it doesn't work well on the ugly apples.

Nov 10, 2009
  7. clshirk

clshirk Member

That made me laugh. Ha.
    I'm gonna go search on CC for this info as well. I am making Mom's Apple Crisp and tried the acs this weekend and had a horrible time with it. I could always just use the corer/slicer, but this would be cool to use. I honestly was hoping they didn't even sell this thing anymore b/c I had such a time with it I am embarrassed to try. I'll get some firm granny smiths and retry.

Apr 8, 2010
  8. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

When I first started PC - almost 13 years ago - I sold a ton of APCS because I did Mom's Apple Crisp or the Apple Nut Ring at almost every show. And honestly, everytime I do a show that uses the APCS I always sell at least one or have someone book to get it for free.

Apr 8, 2010
  9. cookinfletch

cookinfletch Member Gold Member

The APCS was my very first PC product years ago. I'd seen my cousin use one & thought it was the coolest thing ever. When I brought it home & tried it, I got really frustrated, & was thinking of sending it back. That's when my (now) DH tried it & LOVED it, so I knew we were keeping it!

Apr 9, 2010
  10. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

I sent my first one back. It was taking away too much of the apple. I looked up a video online of how it should work, and the spring on mine was WAY too tight and couldn't be adjusted.
    The replacement works like it's supposed to work.

Apr 9, 2010
  11. Mommy2amo

Mommy2amo Member

I had a host that is very interested in this and wants me to demo it at her show. I'm wondering what recipes you use to demo this product? I'm making kind of a heavy meal for the main dish so I was looking for something lighter and quicker for the dessert?

Oct 3, 2010
  12. deanna_g

deanna_g Member

There's an apple bread pudding made in the DCB in the microwave in the DCB booklet on here. It's sublime.

Oct 4, 2010
  13. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I love my 90's model too! Not so much when I was living in Okinawa, as the apples were not fresh enough & the core holder would push all the way through the apple! :( I had to tell my Okinawa guests that if they were buying it for Japanese apples or stateside apples, they would enjoy it, but if they buy their apples on the base, they won't like the APCS because the base apples are too soft. :(

Oct 4, 2010
  14. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Mine works pretty good on the ugly ones too ... peels away all that uglyness! Though I do have some broken cores ... oh well.

A big problem is that I didn't realize it wasn't dishwasher safe. So it MANGLED my apples! Found out the blades were replacement parts and replaced them. Good as new!

15. mspibb

mspibb Member Gold Member

I find that granny smith apples you buy in the 3# bags work best. They are perfectly sized for the APCS. My mom gave me mine, she bought it at a show before I started PC and the first few times I used it I hated it-it gouged too much apple. My director told me about adjusting the wing nut and sliding the blade a little to adjust and now it is one of my favorite products. I love Apple Berry Salsa!

Oct 4, 2010
  16. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Hey Sheila ... just wondering if they have Fugi apples over there. Sounds kinda Japanese to me!

Have something to add?