• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can the Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Handle All Types of Apples?

In summary, the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer is not effective for peeling or coring apples. The apple needs to be on the firmer side for it to work. The apple peeler is also not effective for potatoes.
its_me_susan
I found this out the hard way, and had to learn from my director... the ONLY kinds of apples she will demonstrate with the A/P/S/C is granny smith! they should be crosp baking apples. MacIntosh will not peel well (I thought my tool was broken!).

Dear Susan,
I was able to buy the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer at a 2nd hand shop! The item did not come with any instructions. Is it possible that you could email me a copy?!!! Please let me know, I would appreciate it!
Thanks
[email protected]

JFLOWERS said:
Dear Susan,
I was able to buy the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer at a 2nd hand shop! The item did not come with any instructions. Is it possible that you could email me a copy?!!! Please let me know, I would appreciate it!
Thanks
[email protected]

If you're a consultant, you can go to CC and go to the PIG (Product Info Guide) and print off the instructions there.

I have peeledVirtually every type of apple with my apple/peeler/corer slicer - with no problem. The apple does need to be on the firmer side, but I've done MacIntosh apples a ton of times - no problem.

I was given one by a friend that is 13 years old! You should see the box! It appears to be in good condition, but I have yet to be able to make anything but applesauce with it, and I've only tried with Granny Smiths! I think I'll have to check out the product info. I'm wondering if it's missing a piece?

I wonder if chilling the apples before using will help keep them firm?
Anyway, I call mine the Apple/Peeler/Mangler thingie..... my director doesnt seem to appreciate that. lol

HockeyLover said:
I was given one by a friend that is 13 years old! You should see the box! It appears to be in good condition, but I have yet to be able to make anything but applesauce with it, and I've only tried with Granny Smiths! I think I'll have to check out the product info. I'm wondering if it's missing a piece?
If it's really old, the blades may be dull. There are replacements on the replacement parts order form. It might be worth the couple of bucks to see if that fixes the problem.

My APCS is almost 13 years old and works fine. Large bulk apples sometimes don't work well because the core comes apart from the rest of the apple and turns while the rest of the apple does nothing. That has even happened when I use bulk Granny Smith.

This is one of my favorite tools in the entire line...I love it for apples, but even more so for potatoes!

Great use for the applesI sprinkle mine with cinnamon and then put them on the food dryer. The kids love them.

legacypc46 said:
This is one of my favorite tools in the entire line...I love it for apples, but even more so for potatoes!
I have never tried it for potatoes because I figure it won't peel them completely. Do you find some of the dimples in the potatoes leaves the skin on? Do you use all types of potatoes?

Mine has never worked well for me. When I became a consultant, I bought some Granny Smith and it mangled them. I do plan to order some replacement parts, since it is past warranty.Also NEVER put this thing in the dishwasher ... I think that's what dulled my blades.

I have to say this isn't one of my favortie products. I thought it would be when I got it because I LOVE to make apple pie, but I don't care for it at all. It is easier, faster and takes a whole lot less clean up for me to just peel and slice the apples myself.

I love this product. So easy to use and clean. My kids love it! I have used it for a demo at a few fairs and people are always impressed. I used it for a dAisies project in the fall and made mini apple crisps using the prep bowls. The girls loved using it.
I have never tried it with potatoes, I will definitely try now.

What is the purpose of the Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Tip?

The Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Tip is a versatile kitchen tool that can peel, slice, and core apples, making it easier and more efficient to prepare apples for cooking or snacking.

Is the Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Tip easy to use?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Tip is designed with simplicity in mind. It features a sharp blade that easily peels and cores apples with a simple turning motion, and a built-in slicer that cuts the apple into perfect slices.

Can the Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Tip be used for other fruits?

While the Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Tip is specifically designed for apples, it can also be used for other similar-sized fruits such as pears or potatoes.

Is the Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Tip dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Tip is dishwasher safe. Simply disassemble it and place it in the dishwasher for easy and convenient cleaning.

What are the benefits of using the Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Tip?

Using the Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer Tip saves time and effort in preparing apples for cooking or snacking. It also ensures even and consistent slices, making it perfect for recipes that require uniform apple slices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kimodchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • lanelly7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • paulabatton