1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Apple peeler corer slicer

1. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

i have a customer who wants to order this but is wondering if it will work without the stand? i am not sure as i have never used one. do you NEED the stand to make this work? or can you hook it on a table?

Oct 20, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I actually prefer to use it on my counter-top or table. IMHO, the stand just isn't stable enough. I like it to STAY PUT when I crank on it. :)

So as long as her table or counter has enough of a lip, yes...you can. She can always try it, and if she doesn't like it- she can return it. Or she can order the stand later?

Oct 20, 2009
  3. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

thank you! i kinda thought it could be used without the stand since they sell it separately but wanted to make sure before i let her place her order and then have it not work that way!

Oct 20, 2009
  4. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

It can even work on the pull-out cutting board available in about 80% of kitchens. Just clamp it on there tight and you're good to go. It will leave a little mess - apple juice spray, and wherever the peels land, but it can easily be wiped-up. Go for it!

Oct 21, 2009
  5. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I WISH the pull out cutting board was still part of kitchens. :( I haven't seen one in years and I so loved that extra space when cooking!

The APCS works great without the stand but I have to say that once I got the stand (when it came available to guests - consultants had them first and I was so jealous) I started using it much more. It's so easy to use with the stand. I just put my hand across the stand while using it and it stays nice and steady.

Like someone said, she can try without and always order it later or get it and return it if she doesn't like it.

Oct 21, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I have TWO pull out cutting boards. :p And you're right - I love that extra space!

I use a pull out for my APCS too, because it's so much easier. But I use the stand when I demo it for shows - because you never know if someone will have a place to attach it in their kitchen.

I've had a few customers who bought the stand because they do apples with a big group, and need their stand then.

Oct 21, 2009
  7. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Legacy Member Gold Member

In a pinch, you can sometimes pull apart a table (the kind that allow you to put in a leaf) and attach the APCS to the table at that split. If someone has lots of stuff to peel/slice and doesn’t have a stand, this can be a great solution.

Oct 21, 2009
  8. Debala715

Debala715 Member

I just used our Reversible Bamboo Carving Board to secure the APCS. Worked great at my last show!

Oct 21, 2009
Have something to add?