• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Peeler Corer Slicer: Does It Require a Stand to Work?

The APCS works great without the stand but I have to say that once I got the stand (when it came available to guests - consultants had them first and I was so jealous) I started using it much more. It's so easy to use with the stand. I just put my hand across the stand while using it and it stays nice and steady. Like someone said, she can try without and always order it later or get it and return it if she doesn't like it.
pc_jessica
i have a customer who wants to order this but is wondering if it will work without the stand? i am not sure as i have never used one. do you NEED the stand to make this work? or can you hook it on a table?

I actually prefer to use it on my counter-top or table. IMHO, the stand just isn't stable enough. I like it to STAY PUT when I crank on it. :) So as long as her table or counter has enough of a lip, yes...you can. She can always try it, and if she doesn't like it- she can return it. Or she can order the stand later?

thank you! i kinda thought it could be used without the stand since they sell it separately but wanted to make sure before i let her place her order and then have it not work that way!

It can even work on the pull-out cutting board available in about 80% of kitchens. Just clamp it on there tight and you're good to go. It will leave a little mess - apple juice spray, and wherever the peels land, but it can easily be wiped-up. Go for it!

scottcooks said:
It can even work on the pull-out cutting board available in about 80% of kitchens. Just clamp it on there tight and you're good to go. It will leave a little mess - apple juice spray, and wherever the peels land, but it can easily be wiped-up. Go for it!

I WISH the pull out cutting board was still part of kitchens. :( I haven't seen one in years and I so loved that extra space when cooking!

The APCS works great without the stand but I have to say that once I got the stand (when it came available to guests - consultants had them first and I was so jealous) I started using it much more. It's so easy to use with the stand. I just put my hand across the stand while using it and it stays nice and steady.

Like someone said, she can try without and always order it later or get it and return it if she doesn't like it.

BethCooks4U said:
I WISH the pull out cutting board was still part of kitchens. :( I haven't seen one in years and I so loved that extra space when cooking!

The APCS works great without the stand but I have to say that once I got the stand (when it came available to guests - consultants had them first and I was so jealous) I started using it much more. It's so easy to use with the stand. I just put my hand across the stand while using it and it stays nice and steady.

Like someone said, she can try without and always order it later or get it and return it if she doesn't like it.

I have TWO pull out cutting boards. :p And you're right - I love that extra space!

I use a pull out for my APCS too, because it's so much easier. But I use the stand when I demo it for shows - because you never know if someone will have a place to attach it in their kitchen.

I've had a few customers who bought the stand because they do apples with a big group, and need their stand then.

In a pinch, you can sometimes pull apart a table (the kind that allow you to put in a leaf) and attach the APCS to the table at that split. If someone has lots of stuff to peel/slice and doesn’t have a stand, this can be a great solution.

I just used our Reversible Bamboo Carving Board to secure the APCS. Worked great at my last show!

1. How does the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer work?

The Apple Peeler Corer Slicer is a versatile kitchen tool that makes peeling, coring, and slicing apples quick and easy. Simply place the apple on the pronged base and turn the handle, which will rotate the sharp stainless steel blade around the apple, removing the skin and core while slicing the apple into uniform wedges.

2. Can I use the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer for other fruits?

Yes, the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer can also be used for other round fruits such as pears and even potatoes. However, note that the blade may not be suitable for harder fruits like pineapples or mangoes.

3. Is the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer easy to clean?

Yes, the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer is designed for easy cleaning. The blade can be removed for thorough washing and the entire tool can be wiped down with a damp cloth. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

4. Does the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer have a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products, including the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer, come with a satisfaction guarantee and a limited lifetime warranty. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a replacement or refund.

5. Is the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer safe for children to use?

No, the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer is not recommended for children to use without adult supervision. The blade is sharp and the tool should always be used carefully and with caution to avoid injury.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahjmpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • LUVANTIQS
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
LUVANTIQS
  • JennyJennJen