• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer Worth It? Reviews and Thoughts

In summary, Vicki recommends getting a new blade/corer and peeler part, Kelly recommends using the Ultimate Slice And Grate to slice apples, and Poland recommends using the APCS for apples and a potato.
TriciaAnn
Wanted to know if anyone ever had a lot of problems with the APSC. I don't have it yet. But I thought about getting it for myself. Let me know what you think about it. :eek:

I've owned mine since 1997 and it's still going strong! :D

Lee Anne

It works perfectly as long as the apples aren't at all soft.

I have owned mine for 10 years now...no problems and my only tip is that large, cold granny smith apples work best

Believe it or not? My mom found mine at a yard sale for $5 before I became a consultant, and with a stand. That was 6 years ago. One thing though, don't let your husband put it in the dishwasher!!! Mine did that and it rusts alot now. Only on the joints, not the cutting blades or crank. I have to keep on top of it and bought all new parts for it. I call it my Star of the show because everyone loves it. I think I am going to get a new one in April.

Speaking of which...I've only had mine a month but I bought it to help at the apple pie fundraiser we were doing at my school. We made just over 300 pies and had 10 APCS there! I brought 3 of them (2 borrowed). I did however, find that the rod that cored the apple became all black and would get on our hands and apples after awhile and we would have to continuously wipe it down (and change gloves).

Would this just be because of the millions of apples we were doing or is it a common thing? Otherwise, I LOVED it!

That's common after a million apples :)

I used to use one at the resort I worked at. The owner's favorite was homemade apple pie and it sold really well.

The blackness doesn't happen in household use very often.

Feel differently about APCSWell I guess I am of a different opinion here about the APCS. My mother bought it from me and gave it back to me and said she didn't like it and couldn't use it did I want it. Well, I of course said yes. I used it at a show last week and it was a total disaster!! I told the host to be sure to buy firm apples and she did. But---when I got up in front of everyone to demo it the apples just fell apart and mushed up. I was SOOOO embarrased, I wished I could just melt into the floor. I had to cut up 5 apples with a knife by hand it took forever and I lost the whole crowd. They all started talking among themselves and lost interest in what I was doing, cutting apple after apple.
Don't try anything but Granny Smith is my recommendation!!!!!
Good Luck,
Vicki~

I love mine as well and I only use granny smith apples. I do however have the problem with the black. I just keep wiping my hands off.

Vicki,

You might want to get a new blade/corer. You can get one on the replacement order form. I would probably get a new peeler part too. I don't know how old yours is but you might want to tell HO about it. You could of had defective parts and could get a new one if it is still under the guarantee.

I have had my APCS for over 10 years and my whole family loves it. The kids (ages 9 and 7) love to snack on apples and they enjoy timing me as to how fast I can turn the crank. It is funny!!! :p

I also have the issue with the black stuff. I will look into purchasing the replacement parts or maybe a new one.

I love tart apples, but McIntosh don't fair so well when used with the APCS! Granny Smith work great since their skin is tougher and the apple is firm.

Kelly Ossont
Poland, NY

I have a friend who keeps hers out and attached to the counter at all times. Her kids enjoy turning the handle and they would rather eat an apple now for their snack after school as to something not good for them!

APCS vs USAGI have just started to use my Ultimate Slice And Grate to slice apples . I use the corer first then peel the apple then I slice away . think about it you can only use the APCS for apples and a potato , but by showing the Slicer it can be used so much more . It will still slice the apples thin for pies and all of the other veggis, eggplant,onions peppers ect that it can slice,and the best part is do you want to sell a APCS for 28.50 for the few people that make pies or the USAG for 45.00 that can do soooo much more .I make the cinn,nut bread in the small saute pan with the biscuits and add 1 apple flip it onto the med square SA the use the flour sugar shaker with powder sugar as a quick easy second recipe and everyone LOVES it look how much you can sell.
( and after I slice the apple for this I chop it in the chopper too)
1 45.00 for the USAG
2 38.00 small saute pan
3 20.00 med square SA
4 28.50 chopper
5 5.50 flour /sugar shaker thats 137.00 in products to show in a 5min recipe trust me its so easy and I have been selling higher priced items is such an easy recipe
Doreen Zaino
Future Director [email protected] 5 1/2 years of a Great job :p

Last edited:
is the apple nut bread file posted here? if not could you please do so?

tpchefrebecca said:
Believe it or not? My mom found mine at a yard sale for $5 before I became a consultant, and with a stand. That was 6 years ago. One thing though, don't let your husband put it in the dishwasher!!! Mine did that and it rusts alot now. Only on the joints, not the cutting blades or crank. I have to keep on top of it and bought all new parts for it. I call it my Star of the show because everyone loves it. I think I am going to get a new one in April.

How do you all wash yours???? I just rinse with hot water and air dry... got mine in October... will it rust this way?

I'm new around here but I wanted to post to say "Thank you" to Doreen. I would love the recipe too as I've never been a big fan of the APCS but I love the US&G. Please, please, please post the recipe for the cinnamon nut bread. :D

~~~**~~~**~~~**~~
Eating out is expensive.....
Eating at home with family...PRICELESS!!

I think I may have found the recipe Doreen was referring to. I spoke with my Director and this is what she gave me. I am posting it for everyone since I wasn't the only person who asked for the recipe. HTH! :D

My Director said to be sure and practice the recipe a few times before doing it at a show. :p

Attachments

• Pull Apart Bread ingredients.doc
    24 KB · Views: 703
WashingI wash mine in hot soapy water. It does a lot better now that I have new parts on it. I still rinse it right away and then wash when I am ready.

bread receipeI just want to let everyone know the the Grand bisquits come in a small package of 5, and that is the amount that they want you to put in the pan. Maybe I'm the only one who looked at the tube of ten and went "HUH???". :eek: Not all stores carry the 5 package.
Lisa

tpchefrebecca said:
That's common after a million apples :) I used to use one at the resort I worked at. The owner's favorite was homemade apple pie and it sold really well. The blackness doesn't happen in household use very often.
haha.... only happens when you use it! We did about 10 apples before the black started getting on everything! What a disappointment!

TriciaAnn said:
Wanted to know if anyone ever had a lot of problems with the APSC. I don't have it yet. But I thought about getting it for myself. Let me know what you think about it. :eek:
Only if the apples are too soft.

1. How does the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer work?

The Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is a simple and easy-to-use tool. First, secure the device to a flat surface using the suction cup base. Then, place the apple on the prongs and turn the handle clockwise to peel the skin off the apple. As the apple rotates, the blade will also core and slice the apple into even wedges.

2. Can the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer be used for other types of fruits?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can be used for other round fruits like pears, peaches, and even potatoes. However, it is recommended to use firmer fruits for best results.

3. Is the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash the blade to ensure it stays sharp.

4. Can the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer handle larger apples?

The Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can handle apples up to 3.5 inches in diameter. Larger apples may need to be cut in half before using the device.

5. Is the blade on the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer replaceable?

Yes, the blade on the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is replaceable. Replacement blades can be purchased separately from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rosechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • LUVANTIQS
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
LUVANTIQS
  • sarahjmpc