• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer

In summary, the guest said that both she and her daughter have problems with the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicers that they bought a while back. Apparently they use them for potatoes, and rather than peel the potatoe, the peeler does nothing but hold the potatoe, and/or apple, in place and the rod that the potato it on goes right through the potatoe. The guest is wondering if she should replace the blade. There are two replacement blades for the APCS and one is the coring blade. The guest may also need to do some adjusting of the blades...maybe they are not sitting close enough to the object to get a good cut on it?
Stephanie S
I'm just getting in from a show tonight. One of the guests said that both she and her daughter have problems with the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicers that they bought a while back. Apparently they use them for potatoes, and rather than peel the potatoe, the peeler does nothing but hold the potatoe, and/or apple, in place and the rod that the potato it on goes right through the potatoe.

I'm not sure if I am describing this well, and you are able to picture what I am describing. She is wondering if she should maybe replace the blade. I let her know that I would look into it for her and get back to her. Any ideas?

If she should replace the blade, can we order replacement blades? How? :confused:

Has this been a problem since they first purchased the APCS or did it just start doing this? How long have they had their APCS? If it it less than 3 years, it is still under the guarantee. If they have had theirs longer, then maybe it is time for a new blade. They can be ordered through PP. Go to non-commision orders and click on replacement parts. There are two replacement blades for the APCS. One is the coring blade. The other is the peeling blade. You can scroll through on PP to find the numbers, or look them up in your Recipe for Success under the Replacement Parts Section. (I think it's section A - Products and Recipes - the very last page) Hope this helps! :)

They may also need to do some adjusting of the blades...maybe they are not sitting close enough to the object to get a good cut on it? I know I have had to adjust mine before cause the screw that holds the blade on has loosened up before. There have been a couple of times that I have had to readjust my blades, etc on the APCS so it would work better. Have them to practice with it and adjust acordingly...I know I have had to do that in the past. Just some ideas to try...not sure if they will work or not.

Thanks so much for the info and the ideas. I will give them a call and ask some questions to find out a bit more!

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to me about the issues with your Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. I'm sorry to hear that you and your daughter have been experiencing problems with it. I can definitely understand how frustrating that must be.It sounds like the blade may need to be replaced. I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team at (insert customer service number here) to inquire about replacement blades. They will be able to assist you with ordering a new one and can provide further instructions on how to replace it.In the meantime, I would also suggest checking the instruction manual or watching a tutorial video on how to properly use the peeler. It's possible that there may be a specific technique or adjustment that needs to be made in order for it to work effectively.I hope this helps and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Thank you for being a valued customer and for bringing this issue to my attention. Have a great day!

What are the different parts of the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

The Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer consists of a handle, a peeling blade, a coring blade, and a slicing blade.

How do I use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

To use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer, first place the apple in the holder and adjust the peeling blade to the desired thickness. Then, turn the handle to rotate the apple while the blades peel, core, and slice the apple.

Can the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer be used for other fruits?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can also be used for other round fruits such as pears and potatoes.

How do I clean the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

The Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can be easily disassembled for cleaning. Simply rinse the blades and other parts with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before reassembling.

Is the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer safe to use?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is designed with safety in mind. However, it is important to always use caution when handling sharp blades and to keep the product out of reach of children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahjmpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lanelly7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Rosechef