• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Apple Dumpling Recipe for Your Next Show - Try it Tonight!

In summary, the conversation involved a host who had a recipe for Apple Dumplings but was unable to provide it due to not having it with her. The recipe includes 2 large apples, sugar, cinnamon, butter, water, raisins, refrigerated pie crusts, and an egg. The steps involve preheating the oven, combining the ingredients in a baking dish, placing the pie crusts over the top, and baking for 40 minutes. It is suggested to contact the host again or find a similar recipe online if the original recipe cannot be obtained.
Ann F
Gold Member
I'm doing a show Tuesday p.m. and the host is definite about what recipes she wants. One of them is called, she says, Apple Dumpling. I asked what book it was from. She said she copied it from a friend's book "years ago". I asked if she'd read it to me, but she left it on her desk at work! I wanted to try it out tonight (have another show tomorrow...). Can anyone remember this?

Apple Dumpling RecipeIngredients: - 2 large apples, peeled and cored - 1/2 cup sugar - 1 teaspoon cinnamon - 2 tablespoons butter - 1/2 cup water - 1/2 cup raisins - 2 refrigerated pie crusts - 1 egg, beatenInstructions:preheat oven to 375 degrees F.In a medium bowl, combine apples, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Mix together until apples are coated.In a 9x13 inch baking dish, pour in water. Place apple mixture into the dish. Sprinkle raisins over the top of the apples.Unroll one pie crust and place over the top of the apples. Tuck edges of crust down into the pan. Cut small slits in the top of the crust to allow steam to escape.Using a pastry brush, brush the top of the crust with the beaten egg.Unroll the second pie crust and place over the top of the crust. Tuck edges down into the pan. Cut small slits in the top of the crust to allow steam to escape.Bake for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!

I'm sorry, without a specific recipe or more information, it is difficult for me to provide you with the recipe for the "Apple Dumpling" you are looking for. I suggest trying to contact your host again and asking for the recipe or trying to find a similar recipe online. Alternatively, you can also choose a different apple dessert recipe to make for your show.

1. What ingredients do I need to make apple dumplings?

To make apple dumplings, you will need:
- 2 medium sized apples
- 1 package of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of water

2. Can I use a different type of apple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apple that you prefer. Granny Smith apples are typically recommended for their tartness, but you can also use sweeter apples like Honeycrisp or Pink Lady.

3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the apple dumplings ahead of time and store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to keep them covered with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.

4. Can I use a different type of dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use puff pastry or pie crust instead of crescent rolls. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.

5. Do I need to peel the apples before making the dumplings?

It is recommended to peel the apples before making the dumplings, as the skin can become tough and chewy after baking. However, if you prefer to keep the skin on, make sure to wash and core the apples before using them in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• twopamperedchefs
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • babywings76