Join Chef Success Today!
Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!
I make Mom's Apple Crisp in the DCB (recipe is in All The Best)
I also add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the topping ingredients
Mom's Apple Crisp
4-6 Granny Smith apples
8 graham crackers (2 1/2 x 5 inches), finely chopped
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
• Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer.
• Cut apples in half; place in Deep Dish Baker. (I used the Square Baker)
• Finely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. (I put the crackers in a bag and crushed them with the Meat Tenderizer)
• Add brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
• Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted.
• Add butter to sugar mixture; mix well.
• Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over apples.
• Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, rotating dish after 6 minutes. If your microwave has a turntable you do not have to rotate half way through)
• Cool slightly; serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 10 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Chol: 25 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 4 g