• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find the Delicious Apple Crisp Recipe for Your DCB Baker - Annie's Guide

In summary, the best type of apple to use for apple crisp is a firm and tart apple, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp. You can also use old-fashioned oats instead of quick oats for the topping, and you can make apple crisp ahead of time by preparing the filling and topping separately or by making the entire dish and reheating it. Whether or not to peel the apples is a matter of personal preference, and you can also use a different type of fruit in place of apples, such as peaches, pears, or berries. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and sugar according to the fruit you choose.
chefannie
Can anyone tell me where I can find the Apple Crisp receipe for the DCB baker?
Thanks.
Annie

I make Mom's Apple Crisp in the DCB (recipe is in All The Best)

I also add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the topping ingredients

Mom's Apple Crisp

4-6 Granny Smith apples
8 graham crackers (2 1/2 x 5 inches), finely chopped
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

• Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer.
• Cut apples in half; place in Deep Dish Baker. (I used the Square Baker)
• Finely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. (I put the crackers in a bag and crushed them with the Meat Tenderizer)
• Add brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
• Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted.
• Add butter to sugar mixture; mix well.
• Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over apples.
• Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, rotating dish after 6 minutes. If your microwave has a turntable you do not have to rotate half way through)
• Cool slightly; serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Chol: 25 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 4 g

I just made this for my national meeting day (we did it this morning). YUM! Thanks Linda for the suggestion on the pecans. LOVED IT!

What is the best type of apple to use for apple crisp?

The best type of apple to use for apple crisp is a firm and tart apple, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp. These types of apples hold their shape well when baked and provide a nice balance of sweetness and tartness to the dish.

Can I use old-fashioned oats instead of quick oats in apple crisp?

Yes, you can use old-fashioned oats instead of quick oats in apple crisp. The texture of the topping may be slightly different, but it will still be delicious. You can also use a combination of both types of oats for a varied texture.

Can I make apple crisp ahead of time?

Yes, you can make apple crisp ahead of time. You can prepare the filling and topping separately and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Alternatively, you can make the entire dish and reheat it in the oven before serving.

Do I need to peel the apples for apple crisp?

It is a matter of personal preference whether or not to peel the apples for apple crisp. Leaving the peels on can add more texture and flavor to the dish, but if you prefer a smoother texture, you can peel the apples before baking.

Can I use a different type of fruit in place of apples for apple crisp?

Yes, you can use a different type of fruit in place of apples for apple crisp. Some popular alternatives include peaches, pears, and berries. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and amount of sugar used according to the type of fruit you choose.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • chefannie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
time2cook
  • gilchrist_pchef