• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried this delicious Apple Cinnamon French Toast recipe?

In summary, two delicious and easy do-ahead French toast recipes were shared. The first recipe involves layering slices of French bread with a mixture of eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and spices, as well as sliced apples, and refrigerating it overnight before baking. The second recipe uses frozen dinner rolls dipped in a mixture of egg whites, hazelnut coffee creamer, syrup, and spices, and baked in a fluted pan. Both recipes received rave reviews and are perfect for brunch gatherings, with the first recipe being a popular choice at Pampered Chef parties. It is recommended to double the first recipe if serving as the main dish to ensure enough for everyone.
its_me_susan
I was looking in old by-product recipe collections and found this yummy sounding do-ahead (for a brunch) recipe. Anyone ever do it? I'm wondering if I am supposed to use "raw" dough or the loaf already made...

Apple Cinnamon French Toast

1 loaf (8 oz) French bread 1/8 tsp salt
6 eggs 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups milk 4 Granny Smith apples
8 Tbls sugar, divided 2 Tbls butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla Maple flavored syrup

Spray Rectangular Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Cut bread into 1 inch thick slices (10-16 slices) using Serrated Bread Knife; arrange closely in single layer in Baker.

In Classic Batter Bowl, beat eggs with Stainless Steel Whisk. Whisk in milk, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour over bread.

Combine the remaining 5 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in Flour/Sugar Shaker. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut into rings by slicing down one side of each apple with 3 inch Paring Knife. Place half of apples over bread. Sprinkle half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture evenly over apples. Repeat layers.

Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.

Preheat oven to 400. Cut butter into small pieces and arrange over apples. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with syrup. Makes 8 servings

I would say have the bread already cooked. It would not suggest leaving it in the frig overnight with raw dough...let me know how it comes out, it sounds WONDERFUL!!!;)

Ginger428 said:
I would say have the bread already cooked. It would not suggest leaving it in the frig overnight with raw dough...let me know how it comes out, it sounds WONDERFUL!!!;)

Now I'm onto fluted stone recipes - look at this one:

French Toast Bundt

24 frozen dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
2 egg whites
1/3 cup liquid hazlenut coffee creamer
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger

Cut rolls in half. Mix other ingredients in a bowl. Dip rolls in mixture and place in Fluted Pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Pour remaining mixture over rolls. Re-cover with wrap and let rise at room temperature until rolls reach the top of the pan.

Remove wrap and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Invert on a serving platter. Drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Slice and serve with additional syrup as desired.

its_me_susan said:
Now I'm onto fluted stone recipes - look at this one:

French Toast Bundt

24 frozen dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
2 egg whites
1/3 cup liquid hazlenut coffee creamer
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger

Cut rolls in half. Mix other ingredients in a bowl. Dip rolls in mixture and place in Fluted Pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Pour remaining mixture over rolls. Re-cover with wrap and let rise at room temperature until rolls reach the top of the pan.

Remove wrap and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Invert on a serving platter. Drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Slice and serve with additional syrup as desired.

OMG!!!!
Now that sounds AWESOME!!!!
1 question, when it says mix other ingredients, does it mean all of them? I'm thinking maybe not the Maple Syrup.....let me know...Thanks!;)

I make the Apple Cinnamon French toast for all my brunch shows that have more than 15 people. It is a huge success, always. Easy to do and I always sell a few bakers because of the make it the day before method.

MandyK said:
I make the Apple Cinnamon French toast for all my brunch shows that have more than 15 people. It is a huge success, always. Easy to do and I always sell a few bakers because of the make it the day before method.

Thanks Mandy!

I was just at my sister's bridal shower last weekend and her soon-to-be MIL made that! I didn't know it was a PC recipe! It was really dee-lish, and no leftovers to be found! I'm excited to have the recipe...next time I host brunch, this is IT!

MandyK said:

Mandy -

Do you find that 1 recipe of the Apple Cinnamon French Toast is enough for 15 people or do you double it?

I have a brunch next week w/15 people and would love to try this!

Bumping up. ;)

I would double it if it is the main dish -- otherwise everyone will get only 1 "slice" of the baguette. At my shows I often cut each baguette slice in half so there are more sample size bites.

MandyK said:
I would double it if it is the main dish -- otherwise everyone will get only 1 "slice" of the baguette. At my shows I often cut each baguette slice in half so there are more sample size bites.

Thanks Mandy!:)

Yum! Both these recipes sound so yummy that I almost wish I was a morning person :D

1. How do I make Apple Cinnamon French Toast?

To make Apple Cinnamon French Toast, you will need bread, eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, apples, and butter. First, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a shallow dish. Then, dip the bread slices into the mixture, making sure to coat both sides. In a separate pan, melt butter and cook the bread slices until golden brown. Lastly, top with sliced apples and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.

2. Can I use a different type of bread for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of bread for this recipe. However, we recommend using a thick, hearty bread like brioche or challah for the best results.

3. Can I make Apple Cinnamon French Toast ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the French toast ahead of time. Once cooked, let it cool and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, reheat in the oven or toaster for a few minutes.

4. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of apples?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit for this recipe. Some other great options include sliced bananas, blueberries, or peaches. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly for the different types of fruit.

5. Can I freeze Apple Cinnamon French Toast?

Yes, you can freeze the uncooked French toast. Prepare the recipe as directed, but do not cook the bread slices. Instead, place them on a baking sheet and freeze for about an hour. Once frozen, transfer the slices to a freezer-safe bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and cook as directed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefannie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Chef Kearns
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies