1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Apple Berry Salsa

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I won't have time to make the yummy cinnamon chips to serve with the Apple Berry Salsa. Do you think regular tortilla chips would work? I still picture something sweet with them but I don't have any other ideas.

Nov 24, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Do you have a store that might sell dried, sliced fruit? I wonder if any Latin food store has a commercial brand of bunuelos?

Nov 24, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

At the grocery stores around here, you can find cinnamon sugar tortilla chips.

But here is a great substitute...;)

Buy a bag of tortilla chips (not the baked kind - there needs to be GREASE!), and spread them over a large bar pan...put in oven @ 400 for about 5 minutes, take out, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and put back in oven for another 5 minutes!

TADA! Cinnamon Sugar Chips!

Nov 24, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

I looked to see if they actually had some in this area. Not the stores I went to. But I like your idea, have you personally tried it?

Nov 24, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

Yes. Not for the Apple Berry Salsa per se, but some friends and I did it to make Dessert Nachos one time. They turned out great!

Nov 24, 2009
  6. wadesgirl

That should work!

Nov 24, 2009
  7. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

You can also use cinnamon graham crackers.

Nov 25, 2009
  8. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

Dessert Nachos - more details, please. They sound interesting.​

Nov 25, 2009
  9. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

This what I do and everyone loves them! And so much easier!

Nov 25, 2009
  10. ChefBeckyD

Well, I don't have a recipe...some friends and I had these at a restaurant in Chicago one time, and we loved them, so decided to recreate them at home.

We took Cinnamon Chips, and layered on them sliced strawberries, bananas, pineapple, blueberries, kiwi...and then drizzled chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, yogurt, and topped it all with whipped cream and chopped nuts...it wasn't exactly what we'd had at the restaurant, but it was still good.:D

Nov 25, 2009
  11. wadesgirl

Why didn't I think of that?

Nov 25, 2009
  12. catlwilles

catlwilles Member Gold Member

Wheat Thins came out with a cinnamon flavored cracker that I love to serve my Apple Berry Salsa with. You could check and see if they still have that flavor available.

Nov 25, 2009
Have something to add?