• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you prevent apples from turning brown in Apple Berry Salsa?

In summary, this recipe is a favorite and it is a little time consuming, but the results are worth it.
Princess
Anyone ever made this ahead of time, and how do you prevent the apples from turning brown?

soak the apples in a citrusy soda - i like squirt.
it prevents them from browing!!

soniascookin said:
soak the apples in a citrusy soda - i like squirt.
it prevents them from browing!!

How far in advance can I make this please?

You can also spray the apples with lemon juice.
It is a great recipe to make. The baked cinn. chips with it, completes the dip!

amybee said:
You can also spray the apples with lemon juice.
It is a great recipe to make. The baked cinn. chips with it, completes the dip!

How much in advance (and how do you store them) can you make the chips? I want to bring this duo to my son's birthday party at the farm...

Apples Turning BrownI use Fruit Fresh on all my fruits that will turn brown. You can find this in the grocery store.:)

Susan, I would say you could make the chips a couple days in advance-just keep them in a ziploc bag.
I made this recipe last night-huge hit...it's my favorite recipe to do for summer shows. I make the chips at home, the salsa at the show. Yum-o!:D

mary k said:
I use Fruit Fresh on all my fruits that will turn brown. You can find this in the grocery store.:)

What's it look like? Where do we find this? Thanks!

BTW, are you Mary K.... from "flybabies" ?

lacychef said:
Susan, I would say you could make the chips a couple days in advance-just keep them in a ziploc bag.
I made this recipe last night-huge hit...it's my favorite recipe to do for summer shows. I make the chips at home, the salsa at the show. Yum-o!:D

Thanks Lacy!

Where do I find the Apple Berry Salsa Recipe??

lkspeir said:
Where do I find the Apple Berry Salsa Recipe??

here ya go

Attachments

• ;-) APPLE BERRY SALSA.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 348
Thanks Susan!!What a great recipe for summer!

Do you ladies happen to know which cookbook this is in? Thanks!

I know it was in Classics. It's also in All the Best.

This is one of my all-time fav's and the cinnamon-chips are the best!!! A little time consuming if you make a bunch of them (like I always have to), but wonderful!! I tend to double the fruit salsa and then freeze part of it so I can have it ready when ever the mood hits :) and I've never really thought about the apples turning brown, because you've got the acidity from the orange that will help with that.

What ingredients are in the Apple Berry Salsa?

The Apple Berry Salsa is made with fresh apples, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and a hint of lime juice for a refreshing twist.

Is the Apple Berry Salsa spicy?

No, the Apple Berry Salsa is not spicy. It has a sweet and tangy flavor with a hint of tartness from the berries.

Can the Apple Berry Salsa be served with anything other than chips?

Absolutely! The Apple Berry Salsa is a versatile dip that can be served with cinnamon pita chips, crackers, or even as a topping for grilled chicken or fish.

How long does the Apple Berry Salsa last?

The Apple Berry Salsa can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. After that, we recommend discarding any leftovers for optimal freshness.

Is the Apple Berry Salsa gluten-free?

Yes, the Apple Berry Salsa is gluten-free. It is made with all-natural ingredients and does not contain any gluten or wheat products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Anne