• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some crowd-pleasing appetizers for a large group?

In summary, the Greek Cheese Torta is always a hit and two blocks of cream cheese covered with the Spicy Pineapple Rum sauce is a good choice. The Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce (new for Spring '09) is on the PC supply order.
pampchef.angel
I am hosting a Neighboord Show on Saturday and really have no idea how many people to expect. I want to be prepared with several different appetizers, but I need some good ideas!

The Greek Cheese Torta is always a hit with a large group. Also, two blocks of cream cheese covered with the Spicy Pineapple Rum sauce is a good choice. Serve it with crackers.

Great ideas - only, I'm not familiar with the Pineapple Rum Sauce...where can I find that?

The Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce (new for Spring '09) is on the PC supply order. If you don't already have some, there are lots of other toppings for cream cheese blocks. One we like a lot is Cocktail Shrimp Spread -- cook or defrost some shrimp; mince them and mix with cocktail sauce from a bottle and pour over the cream cheese. Serve with crackers and a spreader. You can also use "Pick a Peppa" Sauce straight out of the bottle (no shrimp). This sounds crazy but Tabasco Chipotle Hot Sauce is good over cream cheese, too.
There are a lot of other things you can pour over cream cheese that escape me at the moment. Maybe someone else can think of specific sauces.
Yesterday someone posted a Chile Verde Dip that could be made in the Deep Covered Baker or Deep Dish Pie Plate that sounds awesome. There's also a Fiesta Cheese Torta in the files that people love and any leftovers keep well. Garden Dip from ALL THE BEST is always a hit.

Last edited:
You could make the Baked Potstickers wtih Asian Dipping Sauce ahead of time - they are a crowd favorite and a very yummy appetizer. I usually double the recipe when I'm making them for a party, since they go really quickly!

the brie with apricot preserves and pecans is always a hit with my friends and family.

1. What are some easy appetizer recipes for a large group?

Some easy appetizer recipes for a large group include spinach and artichoke dip, mini quiches, and bruschetta. These can be made ahead of time and are easy to serve and share.

2. How many appetizers should I make for a large group?

A good rule of thumb is to make 3-4 appetizers per person for a large group. This ensures that there will be enough food for everyone to enjoy without overdoing it.

3. Can I make appetizers ahead of time for a large group?

Yes, many appetizers can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve. This can save time and stress on the day of your event.

4. What are some vegetarian or vegan options for appetizers for a large group?

Vegetarians and vegans can enjoy appetizers such as hummus and veggie platters, stuffed mushrooms, and avocado toast. These options are delicious and satisfying for all guests.

5. How can I make sure my appetizers are visually appealing for a large group?

To make your appetizers visually appealing, use a variety of colors and textures in your dishes. Consider using different serving platters and garnishes to make the spread more visually appealing and inviting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kreaser
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kaiser
Replies