1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Appetizers for Large Group

1. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

I am hosting a Neighboord Show on Saturday and really have no idea how many people to expect. I want to be prepared with several different appetizers, but I need some good ideas!

2. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

The Greek Cheese Torta is always a hit with a large group. Also, two blocks of cream cheese covered with the Spicy Pineapple Rum sauce is a good choice. Serve it with crackers.

3. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

Great ideas - only, I'm not familiar with the Pineapple Rum Sauce...where can I find that?

4. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

The Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce (new for Spring '09) is on the PC supply order. If you don't already have some, there are lots of other toppings for cream cheese blocks. One we like a lot is Cocktail Shrimp Spread -- cook or defrost some shrimp; mince them and mix with cocktail sauce from a bottle and pour over the cream cheese. Serve with crackers and a spreader. You can also use "Pick a Peppa" Sauce straight out of the bottle (no shrimp). This sounds crazy but Tabasco Chipotle Hot Sauce is good over cream cheese, too.
    There are a lot of other things you can pour over cream cheese that escape me at the moment. Maybe someone else can think of specific sauces.
    Yesterday someone posted a Chile Verde Dip that could be made in the Deep Covered Baker or Deep Dish Pie Plate that sounds awesome. There's also a Fiesta Cheese Torta in the files that people love and any leftovers keep well. Garden Dip from ALL THE BEST is always a hit.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
    May 7, 2009
  5. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

You could make the Baked Potstickers wtih Asian Dipping Sauce ahead of time - they are a crowd favorite and a very yummy appetizer. I usually double the recipe when I'm making them for a party, since they go really quickly!

6. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

the brie with apricot preserves and pecans is always a hit with my friends and family.

May 7, 2009
Have something to add?