• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Appetizers for Thanksgiving Gathering - Help Needed!

In summary, Keith is going to bring appetizers to a Thanksgiving gathering and is at a loss for what to bring. He likes the Clubhouse Chicken Squares, the Steamed Wonton Purses, and the Hot Artichoke & Spinah Dip. He dislikes the Honey-Apple Brie Bites and the Chili-Lime Meatballs. He recommends the Steamed Wonton Purses and the Hot Artichoke & Spinah Dip.
leftymac
I've been commissioned to bring the appetizers to the Thanksgiving gathering (about 20 people or so). Since it's in someone's kitchen that I've never been to before, I'm gonna bring something I can make in advance. I want two things.

First, I'm gonna make the BLT dip.

Now, I'm at a loss for the second thing. I really want to make the Greek Cheese Torta, but I'm fresh out o' Greek Rub and I'm confident the substitutions won't taste as good.

Any suggestions? Let the ideas flow. I'll munch on my chocolate covered Ritz crackers while I wait. Don't make me eat the whole box! :angel:

One row of chocolate covered Ritz crackers is gone. Zut alors!

There are three recipes from the Easy and Impressive Appetizers cookbook on CC. I did the Honey-Apple Brie Bites and Chili-Lime Meatballs for my Recipe Tasting last week. I don't care for brie, but my guests said they liked them. They go into pre-made phyllo cups, so if you cut up the cheese and mix up the apple stuff before hand, you can just assemble and bake on-site. The Chili-Lime Meatballs can be made up to 3 days in advance, and you'd just have to heat them up in the 12" skillet. I thought they were fine, DH would have liked them to have more kick.

I really liked the Chili Lime Meatballs!But hey - why don't you just take fudge covered Ritz crackers? Hahahaha....I love those! Since discovering them last week, we've (okay, I've) eaten 2-3 boxes of them!If you have a place to heat them up, or make them ahead, and steam them there - my new favorite appetizer is the Steamed Wonton Purses. I serve them w/ Ginger Wasabi Sauce and Thai Peanut Sauce....YUM!!!

I won't have any place to heat anything up :( I'm intrigued by these chili-lime meatballs. I don't have that cookbook though. *hint hint*

Oh how nice the meatball recipe is on the PC website. Too bad my asian seasoning mix is all clumped up :(

When I made the Chili-Lime Meatballs, after I was done heating them in the skillet, I stuck them in a small crockpot to keep them warm. Worked like a charm.

You could always do some kind of dip in a crockpot (Queso Dip, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Beef Dip, etc) - unless you are looking for something a little "nicer".

Clubhouse Chicken Squares are good. Make in advance and keep refrigerated. Or how about a Hot Artichoke & Spinah Dip - I am pretty sure someone on here has done it in the microwave.

I just looked through All the Best and the Lemon Pepper Crab Canapes looked nice. I am wondering if they are any good.

leftymac said:
Oh how nice the meatball recipe is on the PC website. Too bad my asian seasoning mix is all clumped up :(

Keith - the Asian Seasoning mix ALWAYS clumps up. Sometimes it's clumped when I get it. I just take a knife and unclump it. (is unclump a word?) Anyway, it's still okay to use.

They have an alternative for the asian seasoning mentioned in the book...

To substitute the Asian Seasoning Mix, add 2 tsp grated fresh gingerroot, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 pressed garlic clove and 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper.

Meatballs can be cooked and frozen 3 days in advance. To reheat, place frozen meatballs in Skillet with 1/4 cup water. Cover, heat 7-8 minutes or until hot. Remove from heat, stir in glaze.

I'd personally make them and then put them in a crockpot and go :)

ChefBeckyD said:
I really liked the Chili Lime Meatballs!

But hey - why don't you just take fudge covered Ritz crackers? Hahahaha....I love those! Since discovering them last week, we've (okay, I've) eaten 2-3 boxes of them!

If you have a place to heat them up, or make them ahead, and steam them there - my new favorite appetizer is the Steamed Wonton Purses. I serve them w/ Ginger Wasabi Sauce and Thai Peanut Sauce....YUM!!!

You know what's even better? I make peanut butter sandwhiches out of ritz crackers and then dip them in chocolate almond bark!

The antipasto from the new appetizers cookbook is excellent and be made ahead of time.

Okay, I'll bite. HOW do you make the choc. covered Ritz crackers? I'm going to the store in a few minutes.. so DO tell!

mom4angela said:
Okay, I'll bite. HOW do you make the choc. covered Ritz crackers? I'm going to the store in a few minutes.. so DO tell!

They are very complicated. Go to the Cracker Section of the store, and look for the Christmas Cracker Display...pick up the red box that says "Fudge Covered Ritz Crackers" and take to the check out lane and purchase. Wait til you get to your car, and then rip open the box and start eating. :D:D:D

mom4angela said:

I think you can actually buy them in the store now........but if you were going to make them, I think all they are is Ritz crackers dipped in bark chocolate. HTH!

What are some easy appetizers I can make for a Thanksgiving gathering?

Some easy appetizers you can make for a Thanksgiving gathering include deviled eggs, cheese and crackers, bruschetta, veggie trays with dip, and mini quiches.

How can I make my appetizers look more festive for Thanksgiving?

You can make your appetizers look more festive for Thanksgiving by using fall-themed decorations such as mini pumpkins, leaves, and acorns. You can also use seasonal ingredients like cranberries, sweet potatoes, and squash.

What are some make-ahead appetizers I can prepare for Thanksgiving?

Some make-ahead appetizers you can prepare for Thanksgiving include dips, cheese balls, and pinwheels. You can also prepare vegetables and fruits ahead of time and assemble them on the day of the gathering.

What are some vegetarian appetizer options for Thanksgiving?

Some vegetarian appetizer options for Thanksgiving include stuffed mushrooms, roasted vegetable skewers, spinach and artichoke dip, and hummus with pita bread or vegetables for dipping.

How can I ensure that my appetizers stay fresh during the Thanksgiving gathering?

To ensure that your appetizers stay fresh during the Thanksgiving gathering, make sure to store them properly in airtight containers in the fridge until it's time to serve. You can also keep them on ice or use a slow cooker to keep them warm. Avoid leaving them out at room temperature for too long.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefgirl2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies