• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Appetizer Ideas for Your DCB | Perfect for Any Occasion

In summary, the conversation discussed various appetizer ideas for the DCB, including a Chile Verde Dip, a recipe for Easy Beef Salsa Dip, and a recipe for bacon-wrapped Little Smokies. The participants also mentioned using Stoneware Inspirations recipes and the potential for doubling recipes for the DCB.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
What's a good appetizer for the DCB?

I've done the Chile Verde Dip in it. It didn't fill it, but it gave me an excuse to show it off.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I've done the Chile Verde Dip in it. It didn't fill it, but it gave me an excuse to show it off.

recipe please..... :)

Here you go...
http://www.cyber-kitchen.com/ubbs/archive/DIPS/Bean_Chile_Verde_Dip.html

I did it with refried beans (I didn't have black beans).

The white chicken chili from last Fall's SB is, to me, better as an appetizer served with chips than as a regular meal, so maybe check that one out.

not my recipe...cme from Michael Reeve....the DCB guy!

Easy Beef Salsa Dip !!!
Ingredients - 1lb of Velvetta Cheese
2 lbs Hamburger
1 medium onion
1 16 oz Mild or Medium Salsa
1 tbs Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub
2 roma tomatoes
8 0z Sour Cream
Green onions ( optional )
Tortia Chips

In Deep Covered Baker, break hamburger and add onion chopped with food chopper. Place in microwave for 4 minutes covered. Remove and chop hamburger with Mix n Chop, place back in microwave for 3-4 minutes until done. Drain fat from hamburger. Cut cheese into small cubes. Add Garlic and Peppercorn Rub , then add cubed cheese. Pour in Salsa. Place back in microwave for 6 minutes.

Meanwhile, dice tomatoes, green onions. Place sourcream, tomatoes, and green onions in Dots Trio bowl, Remove baker from microwave and stir !!!

Serve over chips and add your favorite garnish.
YUMMY and EASY !!!

Wow, I just read through that recipe (I saw it yesterday when I checked his PWS, but didn't read it). That makes a lot of dip!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Here you go...

mmm sounds good - must be an old recipe since it refers to the 'lemon-aid' thingy. I wonder if I should double it for the DCB?

Yep, it only filled it half way, so doubling it would be good.

Yes, it is an old recipe. I just updated the tools that I used.

Any of the "Create a Dip" recipes from Stoneware Inspirations would work in the DCB, although (IMO) it's a little deep to conveniently scoop dip from. Meatballs in sauce? The classic recipe with grape jam or cranberry sauce...Ooh- bacony snausages! I have no idea what they're really called, but they're sooooo good. Not a great show recipe, because it's a 3-ingredient thing and very few tools. But it's a great dish for parties. Heat oven to 350˚F. Cut 1 pound of bacon in half crosswise, so that you have 1/2-length slices of bacon. Wrap each 1/2 slice around a Little Smoky (mini smoked sausages) and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish (DCB). When you have a solid layer of sausages, liberally top with brown sugar. You want to thinly cover the meat - teeny areas visible, but nothing blatantly sticking out above the sugar other than toothpicks. Bake 30 minutes or until bacon is cooked and sausages are heated through. The sugar will combine with the bacon drippings to make a thick sweet-and-savory syrup/sauce. You can bake in a double layer, but the sausages on the top layer won't have as much sauce sticking to them when you pull them out to serve. Be careful when eating, too - hot sugar syrup can burn your mouth! (Ask me how I know... :rolleyes: )

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Here you go...

Holy wow, that looks GOOD!!! I think I'll make that for a party I have coming up soon.

sk8rgrrl99 said:
Holy wow, that looks GOOD!!! I think I'll make that for a party I have coming up soon.

Everyone loved it, but they did say it is rich. It isn't diet friendly, that is for sure.

chefann said:
Any of the "Create a Dip" recipes from Stoneware Inspirations would work in the DCB, although (IMO) it's a little deep to conveniently scoop dip from.

Meatballs in sauce? The classic recipe with grape jam or cranberry sauce...

Ooh- bacony snausages! I have no idea what they're really called, but they're sooooo good. Not a great show recipe, because it's a 3-ingredient thing and very few tools. But it's a great dish for parties.

Heat oven to 350˚F. Cut 1 pound of bacon in half crosswise, so that you have 1/2-length slices of bacon. Wrap each 1/2 slice around a Little Smoky (mini smoked sausages) and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish (DCB). When you have a solid layer of sausages, liberally top with brown sugar. You want to thinly cover the meat - teeny areas visible, but nothing blatantly sticking out above the sugar other than toothpicks. Bake 30 minutes or until bacon is cooked and sausages are heated through. The sugar will combine with the bacon drippings to make a thick sweet-and-savory syrup/sauce. You can bake in a double layer, but the sausages on the top layer won't have as much sauce sticking to them when you pull them out to serve. Be careful when eating, too - hot sugar syrup can burn your mouth! (Ask me how I know... :rolleyes: )

That's sounds really good, too! Gosh, there's just not enough days in the year to try all these amazing recipes! ;)

Hot Pizza Dip ...mexican bean dip...

chefann said:
Any of the "Create a Dip" recipes from Stoneware Inspirations would work in the DCB, although (IMO) it's a little deep to conveniently scoop dip from.

Meatballs in sauce? The classic recipe with grape jam or cranberry sauce...

Ooh- bacony snausages! I have no idea what they're really called, but they're sooooo good. Not a great show recipe, because it's a 3-ingredient thing and very few tools. But it's a great dish for parties.

Heat oven to 350˚F. Cut 1 pound of bacon in half crosswise, so that you have 1/2-length slices of bacon. Wrap each 1/2 slice around a Little Smoky (mini smoked sausages) and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish (DCB). When you have a solid layer of sausages, liberally top with brown sugar. You want to thinly cover the meat - teeny areas visible, but nothing blatantly sticking out above the sugar other than toothpicks. Bake 30 minutes or until bacon is cooked and sausages are heated through. The sugar will combine with the bacon drippings to make a thick sweet-and-savory syrup/sauce. You can bake in a double layer, but the sausages on the top layer won't have as much sauce sticking to them when you pull them out to serve. Be careful when eating, too - hot sugar syrup can burn your mouth! (Ask me how I know... :rolleyes: )

That sounds like it should be illegal....

anyone have the pizza dip recipe on hand?

Okay, I just found it... what would you recommend for time in the microwave?

Hot Pizza Dip

1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
1 t. dried Italian seasoning
1 C. mozzarella cheese shredded
3/4 C. parmesan cheese
1 8 oz. can pizza sauce
2 T. green pepper chopped
2 T. green onions sliced

Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine cream cheese and Italian seasonings , spread onto a 8" mini-baker.

In a small bowl, combine mozzarella and parmesan. Sprinkle 1/2 on top of the cream cheese. Spread pizza sauce over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with bell pepper and green onions. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Serve with french bread or fresh vegetable dippers.

Preheat oven to 350° F.

jen5512 said:
anyone have the pizza dip recipe on hand?

Here you go, Jen:

Super easy and super yummy!

Hot Pizza Dip

1 pkg. Cream Cheese, softened
1 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix (Basic Italian Seasoning can be used)
1 cup (4 oz) grated Mozzarella Cheese
¾ cup (3 oz) grated fresh Parmesan
1 can (8 oz) Pizza Sauce
¼ cup diced bell pepper, sliced green onions or chopped pitted ripe olives
Toasted Baguette Slices

1. Preheat oven to 350 F (I just use my micro instead). In small batter bowl, combine cream cheese and seasoning mix; Spread onto bottom of mini-baker.
2. In small bowl, combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese mixture over cream cheese mixture. Top with pizza sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes (or 3-5 minutes in micro), or until bubbly. Top with bell pepper, and serve with Toasted Baguette Slices.

LOL.....guess we were typing it up at the same time! 3-5 minutes in the micro works for me.

thanks so much... i'm going to do it Tuesday night and try it in the micro as we're baking something else in the oven.

jen5512 said:
thanks so much... i'm going to do it Tuesday night and try it in the micro as we're baking something else in the oven.

I do the Pizza Dip, the Touchdown Taco Dip, and the Spinach and Artichoke Dip in the microwave frequently - at home, and at shows...it works great! One more reason to love our stoneware!:thumbup:

Quick and Easy! Not a big demo recipe but everyone loves them!
I call them "Snausages" (LOL)
2 pkgs. of lil' smokies
1 jar of apricot preserves
1 jar (from the preserves) of brown sugar

MIx together in DCB

Microwave in DCB covered for 20 minutes

What is the DCB?

The DCB stands for the Deep Covered Baker, a versatile piece of stoneware from Pampered Chef that can be used to make a variety of dishes, including delicious appetizers.

What are some easy appetizer ideas using the DCB?

Some popular appetizer ideas using the DCB include mini meatball sliders, baked brie with cranberry sauce, and stuffed mushrooms. You can also get creative and use the DCB to make dips, bruschetta, or even mini pizzas.

Can the DCB be used for both hot and cold appetizers?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in both the oven and the refrigerator, making it perfect for both hot and cold appetizers. You can use it to bake and serve warm appetizers, or to chill and serve cold dips and spreads.

What occasions are best for using the DCB for appetizers?

The DCB is great for any occasion, whether it's a casual family gathering, a holiday party, or a potluck with friends. It's also a popular choice for game day snacks or appetizers for a cocktail party.

Are there any tips for using the DCB to make appetizers?

Yes, here are a few tips to make sure your appetizers turn out delicious: preheat the DCB before adding your ingredients, use a cooking spray or oil to prevent sticking, and let the DCB cool down for a few minutes before serving to avoid burning your guests' mouths. Also, don't forget to have fun and get creative with your recipes!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sboothpcchef
  • pamperedmomto3