• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Qs for Military in Germany: APO, AE

In summary, the person is asking for help in finding out the tax for an order being placed to an APO address in Germany. They have already checked the tax rate guide but found no records matching the address. They also mention that they do not want to pay any sales tax and that shipping charges may be higher. They ask for confirmation that there is no tax and also inquire about the shipping cost. They also provide additional information about the shipping time and suggest contacting customer service for accurate information. The conversation ends with a signature from a Pampered Chef Consultant.
varga11
I don't know if this is the right category, but here is my question.
How do I find out the Tax? My sister-in-law is stationed in Germany and wants to place an order. I went to the tax rate guide to try and figure it out but it says no records match. Her address is APO, AE. Can anyone help me?

She has ZERO tax!!! We already pay higher shipping charges, so we don't pay any sales tax!!!

Thank youThanks so much that is what I thought. I needed confirmation! Is shipping 15%?

For shipping use whichever is less. It's $14 flat for over $65, but the 15% is more if the order is over like $90 or something. Use the cheaper of the two!!

Also, let her know that she will probably have it in about 3-5 days if she is at one of the big bases in Germany. It's a wonderful surprise to expect weeks for delivery and see it in the mailbox by the end of the week!!! Obviously, you don't want to promise her 3-5 days, but let her know that it is usually that fast for me!! My customers love that!!!

Hi there,Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to help you figure out the tax for your sister-in-law's order. Generally, orders placed to APO addresses are not subject to sales tax, as they are considered international orders. However, it's always best to double check with your sister-in-law's specific APO address, as tax laws may vary depending on the location.I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate information regarding taxes for APO orders. They are available Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm CST.I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

What is the tax rate for military personnel in Germany with an APO AE address?

The tax rate for military personnel in Germany with an APO AE address is 0%. This is because military personnel are considered tax-exempt under the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) between the US and Germany.

Do I still need to file taxes if I have an APO AE address while stationed in Germany?

Yes, you are still required to file taxes if you have an APO AE address while stationed in Germany. However, as mentioned before, military personnel are considered tax-exempt so you will not owe any taxes to Germany.

Can I file my taxes using the same forms as I would in the US?

No, you will need to use different tax forms when filing taxes with an APO AE address while stationed in Germany. You will need to use the US military tax forms, such as the 1040-MEZ, specifically designed for military personnel stationed abroad.

What is the deadline for filing taxes with an APO AE address in Germany?

The deadline for filing taxes with an APO AE address in Germany is June 15th. This is an automatic extension given to military personnel due to their unique situation of being stationed abroad.

Are there any deductions or credits available for military personnel with an APO AE address in Germany?

Yes, there are certain deductions and credits available for military personnel with an APO AE address in Germany. These may include deductions for moving expenses, combat pay exclusions, and foreign housing exclusions. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional for more information on specific deductions and credits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DMB75
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
stephanieboyd
  • thecougchef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • imported_pckrissy