• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Military Catalog Show in Japan: Tax and Shipping Guidelines

In summary, the rules for hosting an Apo/Fpo Show are the same as any other Pampered Chef show, but the shipping address must be an Apo/Fpo address. This applies even if the host is located outside of the United States. There are no specific restrictions on products that can be shipped to Apo/Fpo addresses, but it's important to check with the appropriate authorities before sending any packages. Host rewards earned from an Apo/Fpo Show must be redeemed for products to be shipped to an Apo/Fpo address, and consultants can still earn commissions on sales to Apo/Fpo addresses but there may be delays in receiving them. It's important to ensure that all orders to Apo/Fpo addresses are processed
pamperedchefmama
:confused: Please help me... I don't have access to my policies and procedures right now, but have a friend who lives in Japan on a military post and wants to host a catalog show. Please let me know how what the policies are on doing that...more specifically the tax and shipping guidelines.

Thank you soooooo much.
Jeri Lynn :)

Hello.
I live in Germany with an APO address and we do not pay tax. Shipping is a little different. All guest orders must be shipped directly to their individual APO/FPO address, which means each guest must pay direct shipping costs :eek: which can be found on the back of the sales reciepts. It can be expensive, but I think customers appreciate that it gets sent directly to them :)
HTH

Autumn

Hi Jeri Lynn!

In policies and procedures it says for kitchen show guest orders shipped to a host in the noncontiguous states including all military bases in foreign countries that shipping charges are 15% of the product amount plus pantry amount. I don't see anything on tax. And for ANY orders (show orders or individual orders) shipped to an address other than the host's the direct shipping schedule applies. It doesn't say anything about a catalog show, but I assume it would be the same. But I would call Field Services just to be sure ;) !!

:D Hope everything is going well!!

1. What are the rules for hosting an Apo/Fpo Show?

The rules for hosting an Apo/Fpo Show are the same as any other Pampered Chef show. The only difference is that the shipping address must be an Apo/Fpo address. This means that the host can earn free products and discounts, and guests can place orders and receive their purchases, just like any other show.

2. Can I host an Apo/Fpo Show if I am not located in the United States?

Yes, you can still host an Apo/Fpo Show if you are not located in the United States. However, the shipping address must still be an Apo/Fpo address and follow all USPS guidelines for shipping to military addresses. Please note that orders may take longer to arrive due to the distance and military mail process.

3. Are there any restrictions on products that can be shipped to Apo/Fpo addresses?

There are no specific restrictions on products that can be shipped to Apo/Fpo addresses. However, please keep in mind that certain items may not be allowed due to military regulations or customs restrictions. It is always best to check with the appropriate authorities before sending any packages to Apo/Fpo addresses.

4. Can I use host rewards from an Apo/Fpo Show to ship products to a non-military address?

No, host rewards earned from an Apo/Fpo Show must be redeemed for products to be shipped to an Apo/Fpo address. This is to ensure that the host and guests are able to enjoy the benefits of hosting a show, even if they are stationed overseas.

5. Can I still earn commissions as a consultant for sales made to Apo/Fpo addresses?

Yes, consultants are still able to earn commissions on sales made to Apo/Fpo addresses. However, please note that there may be a delay in receiving the commission due to the longer shipping process. Also, please ensure that all orders to Apo/Fpo addresses are processed and shipped in compliance with USPS guidelines to avoid any potential issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeQ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • littlemaisyPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Candice