• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with the AP/C/S: My Unfortunate Experience

In summary, the Arm is Soooo tight. I have even gone to help them. A few finally had to use pliers to loosen the spring. Some returned it. Wierd!Was it ever put in the dishwasher?Mine works great since I replaced the blades .... and hasn't seen the inside of a dishwasher since.
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
Is it me, or does anybody else have problems with the AP/C/S? The apples don't peel evenly and I have to pare the remaining skins. Sometimes the core gets mushy, and the apple won't even turn. I wanted to use the AP/C/S for a show on Friday, but after practicing with a 3 lb. bag of apples last night I decided not to. I ended up hand-peeling the apples and just coring and slicing them on the AP/C/S.

BTW, I went to a customer's house last night to show her how to use it. She said it gouges the apples (it did), even though I adjusted the blade. She commented that her neighbor bought one in Bed Bath & Beyond for less money and it works perfectly. I told her that if her neighbor had a problem, BB & B wouldn't make a house call to help her with the product. ;)

what kind of apples are you peeling? I find that the best ones to use with this tool are granny smith because they are the most firm. and apples don't peel evenly because not every apple is the same shape. I love mine when I get it out.

Yeah, I had a friend that was having a problem with the apples not going through and when I checked she was using Spy apples which are quite a bit softer, but are also the best apples for pies, so it does suck, but what do you do. It works great for the firmer apples, I love it (when I get it out)...

You can adjust the blade so it isn't so "tight" to the apple, does that make sense? I use them on all kinds of apples as long as they are fresh and haven't been sitting around for a while and have never had any problems with it. Like mention before sometimes I have to trim a bit of the peel but not usually much because of the apples being different sizes and thats they case with my moms ap/c/s that she got at Cracker Barrel forever ago, so you will have that with any of them out there. The only thing I would change about ours would be a suction cup on the bottom instead of having the stand.

I have always had good luck with the APCS as long as like PCMom said, they are fresh. I have used a bunch of different types and haven't had a problem. Sometimes if I hesitate while peeling, I make a mess.

works great for curly fries too!

I use firmer apples - Granny, Gala, Braeburn, Fuji all work well. Sometimes, because of the shape of the apple, all of the peel doesn't come off, but I just consider that a bit of extra fiber in whatever I'm making. :D

I have had many customers complain lately. The Arm is Soooo tight. I have even gone to help them. A few finally had to use pliers to loosen the spring. Some returned it. Wierd!

Was it ever put in the dishwasher?I'd bet money that it was.Mine works great since I replaced the blades .... and hasn't seen the inside of a dishwasher since.

I have never put mine in the dw. Firm ,round apples work great, but I like the idea of a new blade, is it on replacement parts?
Deb

You know, I just sent in a product adjustment on my APCS. I had never used it before and was making the Autumn Cherry-Apple Crisp the other night. The thing just wrecked the first apple. It made huge deep grooves wuth the peeling blade, and adjusting it didn't help. So I ruined a few other apples.Finally I called my son in, because it was either him or my husband that used it before and peeled the apples for me. That's why I'd never used it before. He showed me how he had to put his thumb on the slicing blade to get it so it wouldn't chew up half the apple.That totally didn't seem right, so I googled some videos and lo and behold, it is not supposed to do that!I tried loosening the spring on the arm, but it won't budge. So I am sending it back. It is a manufacturing defect. Thank goodness it is still barely within the 3 years!edit
Yes, there s a replacement part for the blade.

Video on how it should work:
http://www.thefancychef.com/apple-peeler-corer-slicer-by-the-pampered-chef-review/

1. What is the AP/C/S and why is it causing trouble?

The AP/C/S stands for Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Cash Sales and it is a system used to manage financial transactions within a company. It could be causing trouble if there are errors in recording or processing transactions, or if there are discrepancies in the accounts.

2. How can I identify the cause of the trouble with the AP/C/S?

The first step is to thoroughly review all financial records and transactions to identify any discrepancies or errors. You may also want to consult with a financial expert or your company's accountant to help pinpoint the issue.

3. What are some common issues that can lead to trouble with the AP/C/S?

Some common issues include incorrect data entry, delayed or missed payments, invoicing errors, and mismanagement of cash flow. It is important to have strong financial controls in place to prevent these issues from occurring.

4. How can I prevent future trouble with the AP/C/S?

To avoid future problems, it is important to have a clear and organized system for recording and processing financial transactions. Regularly reviewing and reconciling accounts can also help catch any errors or discrepancies early on.

5. Is there any support or resources available for companies experiencing trouble with the AP/C/S?

Yes, there are resources available such as financial management software or consulting services that can help companies manage their AP/C/S more effectively. Additionally, reaching out to your company's accountant or a financial advisor can provide valuable guidance and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies