• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a College Grad Succeed Starting with Only $25?

In summary, the book is about a college graduate who was forced to read about how the middle class can't make it in America anymore. He went to a town with only $25 in his pocket and ended up staying at a homeless shelter for a few months. He got a job with a moving crew and managed to save up to buy a truck. He then got an apartment and did very well for himself. He never told any of his employers he was a college graduate. He wrote a book about his experiences and the title is Scratch Beginnings.
pampchefrhondab
Some interesting articles.

My favorite was a guy who was a college grad. He was forced to read a book about how the middle class just can't make it in America anymore. He went to a town w/only $25 in his pocket. Ended up staying at a homeless shelter for few months. He got a job w/a moving crew and manged to save up to pay cash for a truck. Then got an apartment and ended up doing very well for himself. He never told any of his employers he was a college grad. He did all of this to write a book - now I can't remember the name of it. I'm going to have to look it up because I want my kids to read his book:thumbup:!

pampchefrhondab said:
Some interesting articles.

My favorite was a guy who was a college grad. He was forced to read a book about how the middle class just can't make it in America anymore. He went to a town w/only $25 in his pocket. Ended up staying at a homeless shelter for few months. He got a job w/a moving crew and manged to save up to pay cash for a truck. Then got an apartment and ended up doing very well for himself. He never told any of his employers he was a college grad. He did all of this to write a book - now I can't remember the name of it. I'm going to have to look it up because I want my kids to read his book:thumbup:!

Wish I 'd seen that. We watched Dateline instead - not nearly as interesting.

If you find out the title of the book, please post it!

I taped it, very curious to watch it. I'll chime back in afterward!

Wow, that sounds like an inspiring story! It just goes to show that hard work and determination can truly lead to success. I will definitely have to look up the book and recommend it to others. Thanks for sharing!

1. What was the topic of tonight's episode on 20/20?

Tonight's episode of 20/20 focused on the rise of online shopping and its impact on traditional brick-and-mortar stores.

2. Who were the guests featured on tonight's episode?

The guests on tonight's episode included retail experts, business owners, and consumers sharing their experiences with online shopping.

3. Will there be a replay of tonight's episode?

Yes, 20/20 episodes are typically available for replay on the ABC website or app the day after they air.

4. How can I learn more about the products and services featured on tonight's episode?

You can visit the 20/20 website or the individual company's website to learn more about the products and services discussed on the episode.

5. Will there be any special discounts or promotions related to tonight's episode?

We are not aware of any specific discounts or promotions related to tonight's episode, but you can check our website or social media for any current promotions and deals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
dianevill
Replies
Views
lacychef