1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Anyone tried Moroccan Hummus Cups?

1. LisaAnn

LisaAnn Future Director Silver Member

I am doing an outdoor party Saturday and would like to make a dish that features our Rubs. Has anyone tried the Moroccan Hummus Cups?

Thanks in advance!

Jun 3, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I did - but don't like them due to the fact that I don't care for the Moroccan Rub....BUT - I do like them with the Greek Rub! I guess then you'd have to call them Greek Hummus Cups, huh?:D

Jun 3, 2009
  3. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

I haven't tried either rub yet, but I love hummus, and generally think of it as Greek, not Moroccan. I see the description of the Moroccan rub, and it doesn't have any appeal for me "Our unique blend combines cinnamon, cumin, ginger, chili pepper, lemon and garlic, with a touch of sweetness". The cinnamon throws it off for me!!

However, using the Greek rub sound appealing, I may have to try it that way!!

"oregano, lemon, garlic and a hint of mint" sounds so much better.

Jun 4, 2009
  4. otisbg

otisbg Advanced Member Gold Member

Hi
    I made these for a cluster meeting and loved them. The combiantion of the hummus and yogurt is needed to bring out the moroccan seasonings. Dont let the rub ingredient listings fool you! I am also doing this for a show of 30 next week.

Jun 4, 2009
  5. LisaAnn

Thanks for the replies. I think I will do it as Moroccan and suggest it can be changed up using the Greek rub.

Jun 4, 2009
  6. shorelinecef

shorelinecef Novice Member

I made this for a cluster meeting and it was a big hit! I LOVE the Morrocan Rub with it -- and the amount is not overpowering, just enough to zing-up the hummus. The only thing I noticed is that these don't keep for long -- the tortilla chip cups begin to get soggy. Also, the use of the Easy Accent Decorator seemed semi-unnecessary (if you happen to not have one) because you cover up the hummus with the cucumber and olive topping. You might use the small scoop as an alternative. I did use the EAD, but then used the small scoop for the veggie topping. Good luck!

Jun 8, 2009
  7. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

I haven't made them but can tell you they are DELICIOUS! One of my fave new recipes to eat!

Jun 9, 2009
  8. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

Guess I am not a big hummus fan. These flopped terribly at my house. The Moraccan Rub is one too that is ok, but then I can only eat so much of it. All boils down to personal tastes

Jun 9, 2009
  9. LisaAnn

I did make these and they were a big hit. The hostess made a great suggestion...instead of making in the cups, to do it as a layered dip. The hummus/rub combo on the bottom topped with the olives/tomato/cucumber/parsley and use tortilla chips to dip.

Jun 13, 2009
Have something to add?