• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Tried Moroccan Hummus Cups?

Honestly, I think this would be even better without the EAD, just using some chopped parsley or tomatoes. The dip would be so good with pita chips or even some roasted chickpeas.I made these for a cluster meeting and they were a big hit! I LOVE the Morrocan Rub with it -- and the amount is not overpowering, just enough to zing-up the hummus. The only thing I noticed is that these don't keep for long -- the tortilla chip cups begin to get soggy. Also, the use of the Easy Accent Decorator seemed semi-unnecessary (if you happen to not have one) because you cover up the hummus with the cucumber and olive topping
LisaAnn
Silver Member
I am doing an outdoor party Saturday and would like to make a dish that features our Rubs. Has anyone tried the Moroccan Hummus Cups?

Thanks in advance!

I did - but don't like them due to the fact that I don't care for the Moroccan Rub....BUT - I do like them with the Greek Rub! I guess then you'd have to call them Greek Hummus Cups, huh?:D

I haven't tried either rub yet, but I love hummus, and generally think of it as Greek, not Moroccan. I see the description of the Moroccan rub, and it doesn't have any appeal for me "Our unique blend combines cinnamon, cumin, ginger, chili pepper, lemon and garlic, with a touch of sweetness". The cinnamon throws it off for me!!

However, using the Greek rub sound appealing, I may have to try it that way!!

"oregano, lemon, garlic and a hint of mint" sounds so much better.

Hi
I made these for a cluster meeting and loved them. The combiantion of the hummus and yogurt is needed to bring out the moroccan seasonings. Dont let the rub ingredient listings fool you! I am also doing this for a show of 30 next week.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will do it as Moroccan and suggest it can be changed up using the Greek rub.

I made this for a cluster meeting and it was a big hit! I LOVE the Morrocan Rub with it -- and the amount is not overpowering, just enough to zing-up the hummus. The only thing I noticed is that these don't keep for long -- the tortilla chip cups begin to get soggy. Also, the use of the Easy Accent Decorator seemed semi-unnecessary (if you happen to not have one) because you cover up the hummus with the cucumber and olive topping. You might use the small scoop as an alternative. I did use the EAD, but then used the small scoop for the veggie topping. Good luck!

I haven't made them but can tell you they are DELICIOUS! One of my fave new recipes to eat!

Guess I am not a big hummus fan. These flopped terribly at my house. The Moraccan Rub is one too that is ok, but then I can only eat so much of it. All boils down to personal tastes

I did make these and they were a big hit. The hostess made a great suggestion...instead of making in the cups, to do it as a layered dip. The hummus/rub combo on the bottom topped with the olives/tomato/cucumber/parsley and use tortilla chips to dip.

1. What exactly are Moroccan Hummus Cups?

Moroccan Hummus Cups are a delicious and unique appetizer that combines traditional hummus with Moroccan flavors such as cumin, coriander, and paprika. The hummus is served in mini phyllo cups and topped with a variety of toppings, such as roasted red peppers, olives, and feta cheese.

2. Are the Moroccan Hummus Cups vegetarian or vegan friendly?

Yes, our Moroccan Hummus Cups are vegetarian and can easily be made vegan by omitting the feta cheese topping. They are a great option for those with dietary restrictions or for anyone looking for a healthier appetizer option.

3. How many servings does one batch of Moroccan Hummus Cups make?

A typical batch of Moroccan Hummus Cups makes approximately 24 cups. This can vary depending on the size of the phyllo cups and how much hummus and toppings are used in each cup.

4. Can the Moroccan Hummus Cups be made ahead of time?

Yes, these appetizers can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to a day before serving. However, we recommend waiting to add the toppings until just before serving to avoid them getting soggy.

5. Are there any other variations of this recipe?

Absolutely! While the traditional Moroccan Hummus Cups are made with a mixture of spices and toppings, you can get creative and add your own twist. Some popular variations include using different types of hummus, such as roasted garlic or roasted red pepper, and topping with different ingredients like diced cucumbers, diced tomatoes, or even shredded chicken.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahlegare
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • DeannaK1022
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
priseortega
  • thehaleykitchen